Author Topic: At Peace? - Crown a champion!  (Read 2712 times)

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
At Peace? - Crown a champion!
« Topic Start: October 03, 2012, 05:59:46 AM »
Well nearly all my realms are at peace or my characters are away from battle for various reasons, I suspect some on the EC have this same problem if not elsewhere.  So rather than get bored I figured I would have my intrepid firecracker stir up some fun in Sirion.

The first ever Champion of Sirion will be determined through a series of training matches to be held by each respective army of the realm such that the Champion of the Legion, the Dragons, and the AoS will compete for the glory of their army, the victor to be crowned the Champion of Sirion.

Should be tons of fun, hoping that at least some people will take it upon themselves to describe their bouts in a region roleplay.

Zakilevo

Re: At Peace? - Crown a champion!
« Reply #1: October 03, 2012, 06:08:26 AM »
Heh. Sounds fun. Too bad I am not in Sirion anymore :(

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 03, 2012, 06:35:21 AM »
That does sound pretty fun. :)

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 03, 2012, 05:42:36 PM »
mmm... I don't know, but it sounds exactly as the Fissoan Sword-Fighting Championship.  ;D

I would like it to be real duels, but It's not possible, so we had to settle with training matches.  :P

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 03, 2012, 11:44:48 PM »
Very good idea. We tried it twice in Ohnar West, but first time we stopped because training matches were still not working on FEI and we were told that using duels for that was not legit and the second time there was not enough interest (or so it seemed)

Sigh... I wish we could try it a third time... We even made a guild for such purpose, so as to rank each other depending on performance! Though we lost it during Arcaea's and Sorraine's siege of Sasrhas  :(
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 11:46:57 PM by D'Espana »
D'Espana Family

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 04, 2012, 04:26:40 AM »
wow, you were so poor you couldn't afford the 1 gold a month to stock the guildhouse treasury?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 04, 2012, 01:37:04 PM »
I was at least. But no, I think that the main problem was that we were so focused on fighting that we forgot to put gold in the treasury. That, or someone sacked it and burned it, I'm still not very sure.
D'Espana Family

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 08, 2012, 12:03:09 AM »
That's a fun idea. Pitting realm champions against one another in times of peace, or even during war, would make for an interesting roleplay element.