Author Topic: Head of Religion Titles in All Signatures  (Read 30156 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Head of Religion Titles in All Signatures
« Reply #75: October 18, 2012, 11:57:45 PM »
I also think that, if only listing titles of Elders, it would be fine to leave out the generic title. As was already stated different religions have different structures. I can imagine a religion having a council of three level 2 members jointly leading the religion. Which is the head? Often a founder does not seek to be the single authoritative voice and leader of a religion.  It is enough for the people to know he/she is an elder. The exact structure can be divulged via IC discussions perhaps?

Hmm, a council of leaders is a definite possibility. But I still think the majority of religions are lead by one person, and making a distinction is incredibly important to the core idea of this feature request (since its the head/heads that are the most recognized than the other members). So I would suggest alternatively that all three of those members, by your example, have themselves labeled head instead.

Its much more natural to have a recipient identify that you're the head, and explain to them afterwards that you share that responsibility with three other people. The transition in the recipient's mind is much more smooth, considering they've already labeled you a leader. Rather than, by contrast, trudging through an obscure title and having to articulate the fact that you're a leader. They'll have identified you as an important person, but when they're informed of your real title, their mindset will shift and a complete and unnatural change in the conversation will follow.

Beyond social cues, you - the noble - would identify yourself in your own letters that you're a head/leader; whether or not its a shared title, a hierarchy is maintained and cherished.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus