Author Topic: Head of Religion Titles in All Signatures  (Read 30238 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Head of Religion Titles in All Signatures
« Reply #75: October 19, 2012, 03:44:54 AM »
If Brance (my Dwilight character) were to use religious titles in his signature, the idea of adding "Head of Sanguis Asgtroism" wokuld never occur to him, even though he can be considered to be that. The problem is that the position "Head of Sanguis Astroism" simply does not exist. We have many leaders for different aspects.

Is there possibility for confusion based on a profusion of new titles? Of course. Some players may recall that this was one of the reasons this was never implemented before.

For myself, I am strongly against adding the fictitious title of "Head of (Religion)". It is not something that the real noble would do.

But the real noble would sign his religious title, especially if he was in the high echelons of its hierarchy. The suggestion for clarification is there because it would be needed for nobles to understand custom titles. The reason Kings and councilors don't do it is because those ranks are easily identified, with three clicks of a button.

On an added note, a "head" does not necessarily mean the leader of all authority. As I understand it, the elder rank "Light of the Maddening Star" in SA would be the leader of all militant actions. A "head" could be deemed closest to God/Gods/Essence/Celestial Body/divine morality, or have power over the religion at large. Like Brance's title of "Regent" suggests, he is the person who exercises the ruling power in the religion in the absence, disability, or death of the prophet. That definition would apply universally to any top ranked noble (1 or 2), as they control the religion and everyone in it; nobody can demote them or protest them out.

Hence they are the "head."
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus