Author Topic: Head of Religion Titles in All Signatures  (Read 30176 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Head of Religion Titles in All Signatures
« Reply #75: October 19, 2012, 05:11:00 AM »
The reason rulers don't do it is because "Ruler of (Realm)" is NOT one of their titles.

I highly dislike the idea of the game inventing fictitious titles for characters, applying them potentially inaccurately, and blanket labeling all highest ranked religious leaders with identical titles. We obviously disagree, and won't agree, and we've both made our points clear. We should probably let it go, and see where it goes from here.

Deal.

What I will not forfeit, however, is my argument in favor of elders publishing their religious titles in their letters. Its something real nobles would do because they'd be in positions of significant authority, and would be recognized as such. Religions can expand much quicker than realms, have more followers, and extend their authority into the political world. If the title is too custom for another person to understand, then I suppose its up to their own volition to figure out - should it be decided that we won't clarify.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus