Author Topic: Head of Religion Titles in All Signatures  (Read 30227 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Head of Religion Titles in All Signatures
« Reply #75: November 08, 2012, 04:10:51 AM »
Bumping for a more official response.

The suggestion overall has turned into the following:

Summary:

Elders of religion are to add their religious titles in their signatures for every letter they publish.

Details:

All elders should have their religious titles included in every letter they publish, matching those of secular titles in order to promote a more realistic and improved religious game to Battlemaster. Though religion is optional, I see no problem in having it parallel and nearly equal to the secular game. In addition, the title "Priest of Religion" should be removed for Elders, as it may clash with the custom title.

The following examples provide an exact image of what's being requested:

Liara Anaris
Viscountess of Ajitmon
Founder of Quintarianism

Selene Octavius
Viscountess of Anaos
High Priestess of the Church of Sartan  (example of where the original priest title would clash/become redundant information.)

Benefits:

This suggestion adds custom religious titles of elders to letters at the same level as secular titles. The suggestion benefits the optional religious game in a manner that is both realistic and motivational. Realistic because it is widely accepted that high ranking members of religious organizations, in medieval times, signed their every letter with their religious title. It was important to them, expected of them, and a show of affluence and authority in a world where such things mattered most. It is motivational because it adds a simple, yet long desired aspect to the religious game. It hinders no one - cults having been argued to become secret societies, hence the function of a cult - and benefits a large amount of people. The suggestion addresses an obvious lack in religious recognition, such a factor being important in real medieval life. Though Battlemaster is evidently a game, and religion optional, it is still felt that this lack is far too obvious, and it should be addressed simply.

Possible Exploits:

Simply put, silly titles. This, however, is matched by the customization of government titles. In contrast, a religious leader cannot be protested from his position, making the title more permanent and difficult to remove. I see no real problem with this, since it will evidently give label to silly and perhaps undesirable players (depending on taste.)

Optional additions:

An option to show these titles or not, in the form of a checkbox, has been pushed for by people who have posted in this thread. I would assume this the harder portion to code, hence why I did not include it in the primary suggestion.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus