Author Topic: Feedback Requested: Welcome Email Contents  (Read 11724 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback Requested: Welcome Email Contents
« Reply #30: October 30, 2012, 04:21:53 PM »
How about just making a simple statement of fact: "If you like us on Facebook, you will get our updates about game events and momentous happenings in the game."
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: October 30, 2012, 04:40:07 PM »
That sounds spiffy!

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: October 30, 2012, 07:05:58 PM »
Current proposed version:
=====
Hello {First_Name}, and welcome to BattleMaster, the team-oriented browswer-based strategy and roleplaying game!

In order to complete your registration, please click on or enter this URL into the address bar of your browser:

http://battlemaster.org/activate.php?token=xxxxx

We invite you to read BattleMaster Basics found on the BattleMaster wiki (http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/BattleMaster_Basics).  This will help you get familiarized with game mechanics and concepts.  If you have a particular question that you cannot find an answer for on the wiki our active forum serves as an excellent venue for interacting with the BattleMaster community found at http://forum.battlemaster.org.   'Like' us on Facebook to get our updates about game events and momentous happenings in the game. http://www.facebook.com/BattleMasterGame.

Your login details are:
E-mail:        user@gmail.com
Password:        Password

We encourage you to change your password by clicking Edit Data on the left hand side of your screen after logging in.

Battlemaster respects your privacy and as such you have full control over your entire account.  You can manage your account settings once you log in.

Sincerely,
The BattleMaster Community

(If you did not sign up for an online game, then someone used your e-mail address to sign up. He or she may also have made a typo. If
this worries you, contact tom@battlemaster.org)
=====

egamma

« Reply #33: October 31, 2012, 12:44:09 AM »
looks good to me.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: October 31, 2012, 01:05:02 AM »
Tom - can you give this your approval?  Once approved I'll create an feature/change request for it.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: October 31, 2012, 03:11:57 AM »
I'm also for keeping it, for pretty much the same reasons. Maybe we can find a better wording to express that being a part of the community is entirely voluntary and doesn't bind you if you don't want anymore.

The "Delete" link is VERY obviously on the player's page. And the game does not spam players with daily or weekly messages. If he doesn't want to play anymore, the game's not gonna punish him (such as by spam) or anything.

I really don't see the point. I have never seen such elements in a sign-up letter. A link to unsubscribe to email notifications, for sure, but not to completely delete the account.

This is a game, not some contract that requires a termination clause...

My two cents.

Edit: to be clear, I like the new formulation.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 03:20:21 AM by Chénier »
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #36: October 31, 2012, 03:18:25 AM »
The "Delete" link is VERY obviously on the player's page. And the game does not spam players with daily or weekly messages. If he doesn't want to play anymore, the game's not gonna punish him (such as by spam) or anything.

I really don't see the point. I have never seen such elements in a sign-up letter. A link to unsubscribe to email notifications, for sure, but not to completely delete the account.

This is a game, not some contract that requires a termination clause...

My two cents.

This.