Author Topic: Post EC News Here for our Facebook Page  (Read 62903 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Post News Here for our Facebook Page
« Reply #30: April 21, 2013, 04:04:38 AM »
If Caligus betraying their allies is "true to form", one has to wonder why Perdan, and other realms, continue to ally with them.

"Fool me once..." and all that.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: April 21, 2013, 04:12:46 AM »
Just a bit of propaganda, Indirik. And wasn't it your Perdanese Queen that allied with Caligus in the first place? :P

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: April 21, 2013, 04:59:33 AM »
Not "in the first place". Caligus has been an ally of Perdan for ... ever? Sure, it gets rocky sometimes, but that's something that keeps the game interesting.

Also, I'm not one of those people that think that Caligus is a habitual betrayer of alliances. I understand the propaganda part of things. But people usually come with propaganda that makes the other guy look bad, without making themselves look foolish.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: April 21, 2013, 05:49:03 AM »
Indeed, an extraordinarily poorly-executed sneak attack does make Caligus look foolish, doesn't it?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: April 21, 2013, 03:29:52 PM »
Not "in the first place". Caligus has been an ally of Perdan for ... ever? Sure, it gets rocky sometimes, but that's something that keeps the game interesting.

Last time I was in Perdan, it had just been nearly destroyed in a war with Caligus. And you were there at the time.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: April 21, 2013, 03:44:03 PM »
That was part of the rocky times. ;)

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: April 21, 2013, 07:46:02 PM »
Last time I was in Perdan, it had just been nearly destroyed in a war with Caligus. And you were there at the time.

I was paused at the time. Which sides fought, what did Perdan have left and how did the war end? When I unpaused last time Perdan was big (although slightly smaller than now) and Caligus was big (same there) and they were both fighting Ibladesh so it must have been before that?
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Zakilevo

« Reply #37: April 21, 2013, 09:38:22 PM »
I was paused at the time. Which sides fought, what did Perdan have left and how did the war end? When I unpaused last time Perdan was big (although slightly smaller than now) and Caligus was big (same there) and they were both fighting Ibladesh so it must have been before that?

Yes. Just before Caligus fought Ibladesh, Caligus and Ibladesh fought Perdan together. Perdan lost the war and was left with one city but Caligus granted them Partora back if I remember right.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: April 30, 2013, 11:55:04 PM »
Kokini's shadows cover the lands of Westmoor as the wind carries word of Judge Antonious and King Jor's successful assassinations. Surely the cover of chaos will further benefit the Godess' loyal agent.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: May 01, 2013, 02:17:27 AM »
posted

Chaotrance13

« Reply #40: May 02, 2013, 03:12:46 PM »
Kokini's shadows cover the lands of Westmoor as the wind carries word of Judge Antonious and King Jor's successful assassinations. Surely the cover of chaos will further benefit the Godess' loyal agent.

In other news, the coward Hermik Lorganson refuses a duel to the death from Duke Armstrong Ironsides for attacks against Church of Humanity priests, including the former Lord Justice Antonious, King Jor and Father Viktor Nebehn.

Due to Lord Antonious' assassination, the new Lord Justice Gregor Relak was elected in his stead.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: May 02, 2013, 05:42:10 PM »
Couldn't even accept if I wanted to. :)

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: May 05, 2013, 03:52:08 PM »
posted

Chaotrance13

« Reply #43: July 21, 2013, 06:30:06 PM »
Duke Ravier Nebehn of the Western Moors announces a grand Swordfighting tournament to be held at Westmoor City with 900 Gold for the victor and 400 gold for second best.

In a letter to the rulers of Eastralis, the Duke invited the nobility of their realms to come forth and challenge one another in a contest of blades upon the tournament grounds to celebrate the good Duke's tenure (long may it last) and give them a chance to face off once more in honourable combat.

The tournament will be held 7 days from now, and while the Duke cannot partake as host he will certainly be watching with great interest in armour and with blade at his side.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: July 23, 2013, 07:47:05 PM »
posted