Author Topic: Treaty System  (Read 5520 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Treaty System
« Topic Start: March 04, 2011, 08:05:28 PM »
Ignoring the Darkan principle of simply pretending that treaties don't exist ( :o ), what steps have the various realms taken toward getting ready for the activation of the new treaty system?  Did you just formalize existing arrangements, codify common wisdom, or take the opportunity to shuffle your foreign policy entirely?  Feel free to speak on behalf of your realm if you're not a ruler, diplomat, or the like!

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Treaty System
« Reply #1: March 04, 2011, 08:16:48 PM »
Mostly formalizing existing arrangements, but I'm not above quietly reshuffling diplomacy ("Oh, our diplomats have been so busy they can't make it down there yet, so sorry about that...")
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 04, 2011, 08:22:04 PM »
Ignoring the Darkan principle of simply pretending that treaties don't exist ( :o ),

That's just jaune. We've actually signed a treaty with Eston, but since the word so far has been that when the new treaty system goes live, all existing treaties will be wiped clean and you'll have to re-do them, what's the point signing in all the treaties you need?
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 04, 2011, 08:37:11 PM »
That's just jaune. We've actually signed a treaty with Eston, but since the word so far has been that when the new treaty system goes live, all existing treaties will be wiped clean and you'll have to re-do them, what's the point signing in all the treaties you need?

Practice!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 04, 2011, 08:49:36 PM »
You can only practice so many times. What we really need to do is to set a date for it to go live, then wipe the slate clean of all existing treaties.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 09, 2011, 10:47:48 PM »

Practice!

Practice isn't worth all the travels required.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #6: March 09, 2011, 11:11:32 PM »
Practice isn't worth all the travels required.

And that's why I prefer writing declarations. It makes everything so much simpler.