Author Topic: Post AT News Here for our Facebook Page  (Read 141928 times)

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Post News Here for our Facebook Page
« Reply #225: March 23, 2013, 07:26:24 PM »
Anything posted here for facebook posting, and anything else posted on the forums, too, is OOC information, and should not be used IG.

I would consider FB more like a newspaper or gossip center.  Posts have been news reports, out right lies, propaganda.. stuff that you would likely hear in a tavern.

lechim-michel

• Peasant
  • Blade, Sadat, Aurora
    • View Profile
« Reply #226: March 24, 2013, 11:55:43 PM »
I would consider FB more like a newspaper or gossip center.  Posts have been news reports, out right lies, propaganda.. stuff that you would likely hear in a tavern.

Yes, i currently used something of the forum as RP material i played that my character heard it from a contact. But i can no longer use these things for RP?
Muruqua's are born to be great and conquer the word but with the war cry they will come to defend there home the realm of Eston.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #227: March 25, 2013, 03:16:28 AM »
Yes, i currently used something of the forum as RP material i played that my character heard it from a contact. But i can no longer use these things for RP?

You can.

Anything that you read on the forum (or elsewhere) that would or should be public knowledge, there is absolutely no reason not to use IC in whatever way you want.

If you gain OOC knowledge of things that would not, under ordinary circumstances, have been made public, using them IC in any way is ethically questionable, and you should not do it. However, you will not be punished for doing so.

And, as should be obvious, the more important the information, the more important it is to have a legitimate IC channel for obtaining it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eirikr

« Reply #228: March 25, 2013, 05:33:17 AM »
You can.

Anything that you read on the forum (or elsewhere) that would or should be public knowledge, there is absolutely no reason not to use IC in whatever way you want.

If you gain OOC knowledge of things that would not, under ordinary circumstances, have been made public, using them IC in any way is ethically questionable, and you should not do it. However, you will not be punished for doing so.

And, as should be obvious, the more important the information, the more important it is to have a legitimate IC channel for obtaining it.

I like this. I think it sums it up very well. Should probably be stickied somewhere.

lechim-michel

• Peasant
  • Blade, Sadat, Aurora
    • View Profile
« Reply #229: March 27, 2013, 12:51:24 AM »
News of the Steppe.

Eston, Lyonnesse, Rieleston and Minas Leon are putting the hands together against the vikings. They fear Heorot will bring back the viking raids and don't want to wait until these Barbarians make the first attack. When Eston declared war as first, the idea was to make raids on the vikings but due pressure it agreed to join into active warfare to destroy Heorot.
There are a lot of tensions between the fresh allies mostly between Eston - Rieleston, Minas Leon. Minas Leon has made its claim on Brackhead and Eston on the duchy of Icegate but regions are still to be devided when they crushed the vikings.
Eston is going to use its share as trade material with Lyonesse or as colony. There are also been thoughts of moving entire Eston if they could get Sale and Makar as well.

One thing is clear Eson has left the falling Alliance of the North but it seems like the Steppe is raising will it be a counterbalance against CE?

sadly an other gangbang attack not my idea but i join it so i'm just as bad i'm afraid :-[ it is really hard to keep your feelings out of the discussions on the rulerchannel  and greed is a real problem. However i hope this new alliance will take care of each other and bring strength to Eston and Lyonesse so they get the power to say no to CE. Coria is also voting about an alliance with Eston maybe CE will get competition. ;D I'll keep you posted 8)
Muruqua's are born to be great and conquer the word but with the war cry they will come to defend there home the realm of Eston.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #230: March 27, 2013, 12:53:57 AM »
If Kerwin was dead, he would be rolling over right now.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231: March 27, 2013, 01:24:29 AM »
Kerwin already rolled over. ;)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #232: March 27, 2013, 01:32:25 AM »

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #233: March 27, 2013, 01:46:09 AM »
Kerwin already rolled over. ;)

No, he was beaten over.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

lechim-michel

• Peasant
  • Blade, Sadat, Aurora
    • View Profile
« Reply #234: March 27, 2013, 04:15:31 PM »
If Kerwin was dead, he would be rolling over right now.

Sadly my character Blade did not really get a chance to refuse. Lyonesse had already agreed and Eston was staying behind. Also they had to prove not to support Kerwin his actions since many other realms blamed Eston for Kerwin not leaving the Island.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #235: March 27, 2013, 08:51:33 PM »
Sadly my character Blade did not really get a chance to refuse. Lyonesse had already agreed and Eston was staying behind. Also they had to prove not to support Kerwin his actions since many other realms blamed Eston for Kerwin not leaving the Island.

Kerwin is a pretty handy excuse for "we just want the territory". That, or you guys were banging down Sordnaz's door over Kerwin this whole time and he wasnt telling anybody. Considering how much planning has gone into picking who gets what Duchy and how you'll move realms around, I'd say that's either the case or you were planning it the whole time and we just gave you a reason with the split.

I'm a bit disappointed in how quickly you guys are coming after us without even giving us any chance to distinguish ourselves from the Barony, but we'll have to give you the best fight we can.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #236: March 27, 2013, 08:57:08 PM »
Pah, the Vikings of the North deserve what they get. This is the price of abandoning your allies, the realms that take their place aren't your allies.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #237: March 27, 2013, 09:14:00 PM »
Pah, the Vikings of the North deserve what they get. This is the price of abandoning your allies, the realms that take their place aren't your allies.

I don't disagree, but none of the realm's coming after us have said that. Us deciding to pull ourselves out of the war by forming Heorot is probably the most legitimate reason anyone would have for declaring war on us. To be honest though, who were our allies to begin with though? Darka?

None of those other realms bordering us ever gave us an impression in the Barony that they were allies, especially after Eston rolled over, and we kept hearing rumors they were planning on threatening invasion in exchange for regions. Again, unless Sordnaz was really good friends with them and didn't tell us anything.

Eirikr

« Reply #238: March 27, 2013, 09:29:06 PM »

However, you also assume that Heorot was founded as a continuation of this practice. The order to stop helping MI wasn't made by anyone in Heorot right now. (Maduin actually wanted to go back and fix his mistake.)

Ender, I think he's talking about MI. Though, come to think of it, MI was never a true ally anyway. We joined up to fight the CE, not because we were buddies. Eston and Darka were our real allies before the whole thing began, but Eston always did strange things with the alliance (remember, this is from the perspective of my Barony character). We've had problems with MI ever since we first allied; we'd follow your orders and then you wouldn't follow your own orders. The stuff after ML was formed was the first time I could recall where we actually misunderstood your orders and got ourselves killed... but by then, ML was already a sure thing. We couldn't possibly push back Tara's defense.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #239: March 27, 2013, 09:48:12 PM »
Ender, I think he's talking about MI.

Ahh. From what we saw in the Barony, I wouldnt have said MI was a true Barony ally either. The last stuff I remember hearing about MI was mostly that they needed the Barony's help against Minas Leon and then there was that whole thing with orders no being shared, but being shared, so we all sided with Maduin and said "bah!". The Eston alliance never made sense to Ender, especially when it escalated all the way to federation. Everything always just seemed to bring us together just because we had a common enemy, not because anyone cared what happened to each other along the way.

Which, I think I've seen people say before, is probably one of the reasons our Northern Alliance was never super successful.

Ender's world awareness is pretty dim, partly by choice and party thanks to Sordnaz being really vague with foreign policy, so there are probably things I've missed, but that's how it goes.