Author Topic: Post AT News Here for our Facebook Page  (Read 141927 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: Post News Here for our Facebook Page
« Reply #240: March 27, 2013, 11:25:34 PM »
So... are Darka and Heorot the ONLY realms not associated/allied with the Cagilan bloc now? On the entire Island?

How ridiculous is this getting?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241: March 27, 2013, 11:44:50 PM »
So... are Darka and Heorot the ONLY realms not associated/allied with the Cagilan bloc now? On the entire Island?
Pretty much.

CE is directly allied with:
Coria
Minas Leon
Rieleston
Strombran
Suville
Talerium
Tara (Federation)

And allied-by-association to:
Caergoth (via both Minas Leon and Tara)
Carelia (via Tara, and again via Caergoth)
Eston (via Rieleston)
Lyonesse (via Rieleston) (Eston and Lyonesse are also allied)

This leaves only:
Barony of Makar (at war with CE, Coria, Strombran, and Tara)  - has only 4 regions left
Heorot (at war with Eston and Tara) - formed out of Barony regions
Darka (at war with CE, Coria, Strombran, and Tara)

So... yeah.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Galle

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #242: March 27, 2013, 11:58:29 PM »
This is definitely going to be a fun little war... Finally something up close and personal.

The only thing I object to is the horrid horrid reasons given. The post-Estonite bantustans have to be masochistic beyond belief to justify an attack on Heorot for not upholding the terms of an incredibly punitive peace forced on Eston by CE...

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #243: March 28, 2013, 12:11:54 AM »
Pretty much.

CE is directly allied with:
Coria
Minas Leon
Rieleston
Strombran
Suville
Talerium
Tara (Federation)

And allied-by-association to:
Caergoth (via both Minas Leon and Tara)
Carelia (via Tara, and again via Caergoth)
Eston (via Rieleston)
Lyonesse (via Rieleston) (Eston and Lyonesse are also allied)

This leaves only:
Barony of Makar (at war with CE, Coria, Strombran, and Tara)  - has only 4 regions left
Heorot (at war with Eston and Tara) - formed out of Barony regions
Darka (at war with CE, Coria, Strombran, and Tara)

So... yeah.

Unreal.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #244: March 28, 2013, 01:57:31 AM »
Pretty much.

What do you guys do when it's over? Tea parties?

That's really quite a feat though as long as it holds together.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #245: March 28, 2013, 04:34:11 AM »

Well let's be reasonable guys. Obviously the CE bloc needs the entirety of the rest of the continent's resources to take on Darka. So we simply have to do it this way.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #246: March 28, 2013, 08:24:02 PM »

It won't, most likely. Within the network of allied-by-associations, there are tensions. Suville and Carelia are more or less enemies, but Tara prefers to back Carelia while CE's chosen horse appears to be Suville. Caergoth is also favored by Tara. Coria and Tara are not on the best terms. Minas Leon may or may not have thoughts about eventually reclaiming Shanandoah (which was once upon a time a part of MI). Coria also favors Eston whereas CE probably favors Rieleston.

The next conflict after this is over will probably develop in the southeast is my guess. Who knows though, the mess that used to be Eston might breed some conflict as well. Of course once the southeast is broken up and reordered to the preferences of CE (something that I assume is inevitable in the long run), I have no idea what will happen. My guess is that the north will by that time be a mess of small realms founded in the remains of Darka, Eston and BoM, so that could be a rich breeding ground for conflict (it might even take precedence over conflict in the southeast). The problem of course is that CE will be tempted to play favorites which will stifle opportunities for conflict and eventually end with the consolidation of the north into Cagilan allies and client states, and then what? Hard to see what happens after that.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #247: March 28, 2013, 09:15:26 PM »
I figure both the southeast and the north will continue to be breeding grounds for conflict. The problem is that the Central part of Atamara will NOT be such a breeding ground. Which means, CE and co who live in the central part of Atamara can simply continue to piggy back on conflicts and either stop them from happening or join on a side to force a winner. They have no reason not to. Lack of war will lose nobles.

It's not like anyone will ever be able to compete with Tara or CE after this in size.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248: March 29, 2013, 05:30:15 PM »
It is not too late to stop this!

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #249: March 30, 2013, 03:10:38 AM »
Yes, yes it is. As soon as BoM split, Darka lost the war.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #250: March 30, 2013, 03:22:12 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong, but BoM wasn't even helping Darka in battle AFAIK. That and if Darka's noble count continues to rise, so will there military capabilities (cs numbers). Darka has gained 16 active characters since January so they now have 76, only 2 less than CE. (The statistics definition of active characters.)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 03:26:03 AM by Penchant »
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #251: March 30, 2013, 04:54:35 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong, but BoM wasn't even helping Darka in battle AFAIK. That and if Darka's noble count continues to rise, so will there military capabilities (cs numbers). Darka has gained 16 active characters since January so they now have 76, only 2 less than CE. (The statistics definition of active characters.)

We weren't. Not that there was much time to do it, but for the most part the orders we kept getting were just to refit, travel to a region, refit, travel back. There wasnt much being sad publicly about us marching to help Darka.

And to be fair, Darka losing the war does not equal everyone on Atamara having no choice but to follow CE. The fact that everyone is currently planning a war only to destroy other realms is what's causing that. The regions south of Heorot lands just seem greedy to run north as far from CE as they can get, but it doesnt solve anyone's problems in doing that. It's not as if CE stops exerting that same influence over them they already have.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #252: March 30, 2013, 06:01:58 AM »
BoM was a distraction for the south. So long as they were united and "strong" there were members of the League much more interested in killing BoM. With BoM dead, the entire league can focus on wiping Darka off the map. It doesn't matter how strong they are. With 100 nobles they couldn't win this war. They don't have the cs, they don't have the moral support of anyone at this point, and they're completely surrounded.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #253: March 30, 2013, 06:36:42 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong, but BoM wasn't even helping Darka The Northern Alliance in battle AFAIK in the entire war effort.

FTFY.

Eirikr

« Reply #254: March 31, 2013, 07:21:23 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong, but BoM wasn't even helping Darka The Northern Alliance in battle AFAIK in the entire war effort.

FTFY.

(First of all, oh man, quote pyramid!)

There was a large chunk of time where the Barony showed up to as many battles as we possibly could have. We actually caused one of your pushes into Cantril by making the CE chase us down in the mountains. I can't say why, but we just couldn't raise the CS to provide a meaningful impact on any war since we stopped fighting Minas Ithil. It's not for a lack of trying on the active characters' parts.

Even now, when Heorot is formed and still facing utter destruction, we may only raise 10k CS. We've just got too many inactive nobles and probably poor gold distribution (I wouldn't know, since I'm a poor lord that gives his excess away to his troops).