Author Topic: Post AT News Here for our Facebook Page  (Read 141915 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: Post News Here for our Facebook Page
« Reply #270: April 05, 2013, 03:14:33 PM »
Yeah, Atamara is an awful, awful island to be a ruler on. They're all so old and jaded that most of them aren't especially active anymore, so they don't generally bother to say anything beyond what's absolutely necessary. All the important things are decided in private conversations well before something like a declaration of war actually takes place, so once it gets to that point there's nothing that needs to be said; everyone already knows where they stand, so the kind of grandstanding you might want to do on other islands to affect the opinion of neutral realms is almost entirely unnecessary. On Atamara, everyone already knows who's on who's side when the war starts. There are no neutral realms.

Yeah, if you ever try to start any kind of RP flavored anything you can basically just feel a huge sigh come off of everyone in a collective "is this really worth the effort?"
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #271: April 05, 2013, 03:50:32 PM »
so the kind of grandstanding you might want to do on other islands to affect the opinion of neutral realms is almost entirely unnecessary.

Boo. Even if you know who stands where, all that grandstanding is like 85% of the fun of being a ruler.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #272: April 05, 2013, 03:54:17 PM »
Posted

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #273: April 05, 2013, 04:51:53 PM »
Posted

You posted my mini-rant? Bahaha! Not sure it makes for the best publicity though...

Zadar

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #274: April 05, 2013, 05:05:59 PM »
omg what the hell is our poster thinking. Nothing, I suppose.
A plan without a goal, is just a wish .

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #275: April 05, 2013, 06:26:12 PM »
I believe the name of this thread is pretty self explanatory.

Besides, it is a really good rant.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #276: April 05, 2013, 08:37:38 PM »
Well, I guess that'll teach me to be more careful in this thread  :o

Eirikr

« Reply #277: April 06, 2013, 07:03:45 AM »
Yeah, Atamara is an awful, awful island to be a ruler on. They're all so old and jaded that most of them aren't especially active anymore, so they don't generally bother to say anything beyond what's absolutely necessary. All the important things are decided in private conversations well before something like a declaration of war actually takes place, so once it gets to that point there's nothing that needs to be said; everyone already knows where they stand, so the kind of grandstanding you might want to do on other islands to affect the opinion of neutral realms is almost entirely unnecessary. On Atamara, everyone already knows who's on who's side when the war starts. There are no neutral realms.

NOT TO BE POSTED, but add to that two highly-opinionated Dukes with major Agendas (note the capital A) and you've got me in the position of Ruler of Coria. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! It's cool, though, I've been playing my cards acceptably so far. Not perfect, but better than expected.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #278: April 06, 2013, 07:57:52 AM »
NOT TO BE POSTED, but add to that two highly-opinionated Dukes with major Agendas (note the capital A) and you've got me in the position of Ruler of Coria. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! It's cool, though, I've been playing my cards acceptably so far. Not perfect, but better than expected.

Atamara was more fun when Kerwin was still a ruler.

Though I may be biased.  8)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Eirikr

« Reply #279: April 06, 2013, 06:05:32 PM »
Atamara was more fun when Kerwin was still a ruler.

Though I may be biased.  8)

Certainly less pressure on me...

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #280: April 09, 2013, 07:19:47 PM »
In a shocking turn of events, Yung Dlrt, Lord of Jerkel, rediscovered the ancient, forgotten Viking drink that is known by legend as "button". The act of drinking such a magical drink, which is referred to by the stories as "pressing buttons", is supposed to imbue the drinker with a wide variety of entirely random, quite mysterious, and sometimes very dangerous qualities.

The button in question imbibed by Yung gave him the ability to go absolutely berserk and destroy a local temple of the Horgr. When confronted with his heresy by local leader of the faith Salem O'Claude Ve, Yung admitted to having pressed the wrong button and offered to repay the faith for the destruction of the temple and build a new one.

It is now expected that Yung will share the recipe for making buttons and share them with his Viking comrades. This will either lead to a lot of excellent Viking parties or the downfall of Atamara as we know it.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281: April 10, 2013, 11:45:38 AM »
This will either lead to a lot of excellent Viking parties or the downfall of Atamara as we know it.

Either way, it would be good :)

-jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #282: April 11, 2013, 01:43:16 AM »
posted!

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283: April 17, 2013, 08:09:15 AM »
Darkan army repelled Cagilans and their allies attack on Wisitir. Darkans were behind very old palisades, which were built long time ago. Those palisades were destroyed on this battle and cant be rebuilt.

This battle was thus very expensive on both sides. There was also discussion between some enemy nobles and King of Darka about ending the war. KK told that he has requested terms for ending the war from enemy half dozen times without reply, other than armies marching towards Darka.

Time will show, if CE & its allies grow tired to march to Darka and get bounced time after time. Will Darka be able to fend them off? For now, it looks good. This was first major battle fought on Darkan lands. Before this battles had occured on Coria or ex Estons lands.
~Violence is always an option!~

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #284: April 17, 2013, 08:18:52 AM »
Peasants in the region continue to be baffled at the Darkan nobles' explanation that they need to attack Corian lands in order to damage CE as a realm. Many peasants had moved to Coria at the beginning of the war in order to avoid the devastation that Darka had promised on CE, but ended up being burned out of the new homes that they had just moved in to make.

Then again, they are just peasants and don't understand the ways of those higher beings who call themselves noble.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."