Author Topic: Post AT News Here for our Facebook Page  (Read 140003 times)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
Re: Post News Here for our Facebook Page
« Reply #330: July 08, 2013, 02:13:09 PM »
Meanwhile massive anti-war protests are rocking Tara. Concerns about the process by which the extremely addictive amphetamines that have the nation firmly under the tyrannical hand of Ottar are created have caused protesters to begin demanding cleaner, safer Methamphetamine labs... And dentists. Banners were erected all over the rural landscape of Tara, banners like this...

Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #331: July 08, 2013, 05:06:07 PM »
Just say that you will be only helping them on defensive purposes (Not that Coria has very much participated on offencive operations).

If CE would be alone, i bet they would be growing tired of this thing faster.

KK really wants to retire... but he cant retire when he has brought Darka to edge of existence... he need first end this war.

-jaune

Maybe the idea is to have you not be able to retire
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #332: July 08, 2013, 05:33:27 PM »
Word spreads of the Taran invasion of Silnaria:

Message sent to the Rulers of Atamara (15 recipients)
Rulers of Atamara,

The greatest threat to any realm is the loss of its sovereignty. Over the past weeks since the foundation of Silnaria, the Tyranny of Tara has endeavored to deprive Silnaria of its sovereign rights as an independent sovereign realm. They have interfered in an internal civil war between Silnaria and Coria, occupied our lands, sought to commit regicide, lain siege to two of Silnaria's cities and cut our realm in half with their armies, and finally began an invasion of our lands through the taking and refusal to return nearly 25% of our realm's lands. Even now, while Dictator has publicly claimed to denounce assassin attacks upon rulers, he shelters an assassin who did just that within his realm while welcoming him with open arms.

Just over 7 days and 9 hours ago, I issued a statement that Silnaria would not simply allow a realm to deprive us of our sovereignty simply because they are stronger than us, and have the military force to defeat us on the battlefield. All of the above grievances are each individually a rightful reason to fight a war in our defense, but through the combined weight of these assaults, it is readily apparent that Tara has already declared war on Silnaria and is in the process of carrying out that war through multiple means.

I asked that Tara stop interfering our internal conflict and return the lands which they hold no claim to within 7 days or it would be seen as an act of war. I even offered to delay such a demand if I received even a single communication seeking a diplomatic solution to the conflict. I have received zero correspondence from any representative of Tara seeking to end this situation peacefully and no action has been taken to rectify the problem.

As such, it is with great regret, but with much fortitude that I am forced to recognize that Tara declared war on Silnaria long ago, and is intentionally using the lack of an official war declaration as a means of preventing us from defending ourselves from their attacks. Therefore, Silnaria officially recognizes the state of war that already exists between the realms of Silnaria and Tara. Silnaria will continue to fight until our regions are returned to us, and measures put in place to prevent Tara from using its status as a large and powerful realm to simply override the sovereignty of the weak. This war could easily end tomorrow, all we await is Tara to seek such a reasonable end.

His Majesty,

Merlin Silverfire
King of Silnaria
Duke of Coria

In addition, word spreads of the King of Silnaria making an open call for aid:

"Any who claim to fight for honor, integrity, and loyalty should come join the Silnarian banner. Our realm is beset on all sides by those who would see these values destroyed to cover up their greed, malice, and deprivation of all those who don't bend the knee to their hegemonic tendencies. We fight not just for our lands and values, but for our very sovereignty. We are outnumbered, outmatched, and face terrible odds tactically to overcome a realm with nearly twice our strength seeking to invade and destroy us. Yet, we shall not back down, but instead will represent the hope and freedom of Atamara. Our realm will be destroyed before we accept foreign control of our internal politics and let the large realms bully us. Join us and defend what is right!"
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 05:41:43 PM by Dante Silverfire »
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #333: July 13, 2013, 01:26:27 AM »
catching up on posts, been working day and night shifts on call

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #334: July 13, 2013, 01:33:15 AM »
Meanwhile massive anti-war protests are rocking Tara. Concerns about the process by which the extremely addictive amphetamines that have the nation firmly under the tyrannical hand of Ottar are created have caused protesters to begin demanding cleaner, safer Methamphetamine labs... And dentists. Banners were erected all over the rural landscape of Tara, banners like this...

Sir, you have earned a spot on the FB Cover for two days.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335: July 13, 2013, 05:02:31 PM »
It has been stated before that these facebook news threads are available for posting propaganda, as wells as for posting "news". You are welcome to post whatever you like here, so long as it follows game/forum rules.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #336: July 13, 2013, 05:09:08 PM »
It has been stated before that these facebook news threads are available for posting propaganda, as wells as for posting "news". You are welcome to post whatever you like here, so long as it follows game/forum rules.

Oh, this.  Yes, and I ENCOURAGE it!  This forum is like a drunken bar room, a gossip mill, a tabloid, post any made up thing you want as long as it follows the rules.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #337: July 16, 2013, 04:35:47 AM »
I have moved all the off-topic Tara posts here:

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,4879.0.html

Eirikr

« Reply #338: July 16, 2013, 07:45:42 AM »
International intrigue afoot! The Central Atamaran News Agency has got wind of further developments in the ongoing saga of Silnaria. It seems that a new noble of the realm went on a looting spree in Tara, a land currently experiencing a tense diplomatic situation with its neighbor. When cautioned, the noble persisted and received the maximum fine possible from the High Magistrate. This was not enough, however, as the looting continued and the noble has since been banned. But what does this mean for relations? Will Tara be satisfied with the quick response and zero-tolerance policy? What of the rumors that this was orchestrated? This reporter, for one, can't even begin to guess which side is responsible. Our diplomatic experts suggest that this risky play could have benefits for either side! More news as the story develops.

In other news, Atamara seems to have been featured recently by our global affiliate. They certainly do love us over here; we've always got another high-energy report lined up!

Zadar

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #339: July 16, 2013, 11:37:48 AM »
Tara  continued to investigate this looting .After his banishment from Silnaria he joined Tara and we found out that he was on a mission from Silnaria following King Merlins orders. What kind of king give an order to loot and then ban him.

Orders from Merlin Silverfire (2 days, 2 hours ago)
Sir Josep,

I am glad to hear you're willing to sacrifice for our proud realm. Your mission is simple, enter Taran lands and loot for as long as you can, draw their forces south if it is at all possible. If you need to take refuge, Carelia will allow you to pass into their lands.

Should you be successful, you will be rewarded with gold and land that we take from the Tarans as well as being allowed to keep any spoils you gather from this mission.

Regards,
Merlin Silverfire
King of Silnaria
Royal of Silnaria
Duke of Coria
Margrave of Barad Falas
A plan without a goal, is just a wish .

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #340: July 16, 2013, 11:48:53 AM »
Meanwhile, conflicting letters are being recieved from Ottar, the bumbling Dictator of Tara, about the events perpetrated by Josep. One set of letters he passes on even directly implicates himself in forgery, destroying all credibility for the Troubled Tyrant. More on this story as it develops.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #341: July 16, 2013, 04:45:33 PM »
posted, posted, and posted

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #342: July 16, 2013, 04:58:13 PM »
posted, posted, and posted

I highly object to the posting of an "in-game" letter supposedly from my character on facebook. Not only is the letter a forgery but, if it WAS written by my character, it should definitely not be put up on the facebook page without my permission.

Azerax, I request you immediately remove that letter from the facebook.

Zadar, Please don't post letters from my characters on facebook, or forgeries of letters on facebook.

While this place is fine for propaganda, there is a difference between propaganda and IC letters being used. IC letters are fine when it is the one writing it asking for it to be posted. Otherwise, I think that should not be occurring.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #343: July 16, 2013, 05:00:34 PM »
But if it's a forgery, it's not yours to begin with, so why would there be a need for permission. It's just propaganda.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #344: July 16, 2013, 05:10:24 PM »
But if it's a forgery, it's not yours to begin with, so why would there be a need for permission. It's just propaganda.

There is a significant difference.

If the post said explicitly that the letter was forged, then it would probably be acceptable (but still borderline).

Otherwise, it is just my word against his that it is or isn't a forgery. Therefore, it should never have been allowed to be posted without my permission. I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere about the full transcription of in-game messages to out-of-game locations. This should NOT be allowed.