Author Topic: Post AT News Here for our Facebook Page  (Read 141822 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Post News Here for our Facebook Page
« Reply #330: July 08, 2013, 05:33:27 PM »
Word spreads of the Taran invasion of Silnaria:

Message sent to the Rulers of Atamara (15 recipients)
Rulers of Atamara,

The greatest threat to any realm is the loss of its sovereignty. Over the past weeks since the foundation of Silnaria, the Tyranny of Tara has endeavored to deprive Silnaria of its sovereign rights as an independent sovereign realm. They have interfered in an internal civil war between Silnaria and Coria, occupied our lands, sought to commit regicide, lain siege to two of Silnaria's cities and cut our realm in half with their armies, and finally began an invasion of our lands through the taking and refusal to return nearly 25% of our realm's lands. Even now, while Dictator has publicly claimed to denounce assassin attacks upon rulers, he shelters an assassin who did just that within his realm while welcoming him with open arms.

Just over 7 days and 9 hours ago, I issued a statement that Silnaria would not simply allow a realm to deprive us of our sovereignty simply because they are stronger than us, and have the military force to defeat us on the battlefield. All of the above grievances are each individually a rightful reason to fight a war in our defense, but through the combined weight of these assaults, it is readily apparent that Tara has already declared war on Silnaria and is in the process of carrying out that war through multiple means.

I asked that Tara stop interfering our internal conflict and return the lands which they hold no claim to within 7 days or it would be seen as an act of war. I even offered to delay such a demand if I received even a single communication seeking a diplomatic solution to the conflict. I have received zero correspondence from any representative of Tara seeking to end this situation peacefully and no action has been taken to rectify the problem.

As such, it is with great regret, but with much fortitude that I am forced to recognize that Tara declared war on Silnaria long ago, and is intentionally using the lack of an official war declaration as a means of preventing us from defending ourselves from their attacks. Therefore, Silnaria officially recognizes the state of war that already exists between the realms of Silnaria and Tara. Silnaria will continue to fight until our regions are returned to us, and measures put in place to prevent Tara from using its status as a large and powerful realm to simply override the sovereignty of the weak. This war could easily end tomorrow, all we await is Tara to seek such a reasonable end.

His Majesty,

Merlin Silverfire
King of Silnaria
Duke of Coria

In addition, word spreads of the King of Silnaria making an open call for aid:

"Any who claim to fight for honor, integrity, and loyalty should come join the Silnarian banner. Our realm is beset on all sides by those who would see these values destroyed to cover up their greed, malice, and deprivation of all those who don't bend the knee to their hegemonic tendencies. We fight not just for our lands and values, but for our very sovereignty. We are outnumbered, outmatched, and face terrible odds tactically to overcome a realm with nearly twice our strength seeking to invade and destroy us. Yet, we shall not back down, but instead will represent the hope and freedom of Atamara. Our realm will be destroyed before we accept foreign control of our internal politics and let the large realms bully us. Join us and defend what is right!"
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 05:41:43 PM by Dante Silverfire »
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."