Author Topic: Post AT News Here for our Facebook Page  (Read 140105 times)

Eirikr

Re: Post News Here for our Facebook Page
« Reply #255: April 01, 2013, 04:30:32 AM »
ACTUAL NEWS

The realms of Darka, Barony of Makar and Heorot have officially surrendered, knowing the impossible situation before them. The Caglian Empire and their allies have finally secured the entirety of Atamara. The League of the Eagle has begun building ships to bring war to Dwilight, expecting the combined might of all Atamara to be sufficient enough to take on the many realms that comprise Dwilight.

When interviewed, General Enri admitted that this had been the Caglian Empire's plan all along. "We knew we'd be able to take Atamara. You'd be a fool to think defeating Vikings would satisfy us; they were just too lazy to sail to Dwilight!"

Baatarsaikhan

• Freeman
  • Oh bother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #256: April 01, 2013, 05:30:33 AM »
Aren't you just a wee bit quick on the crossbow for April Fool's prankery?

But since you;ve started it, I've heard that the Blackest Cult is returning to make amends for their misdeeds.  Apparently they're looking to go on the road as a travelling morality play about the dangers of too much sweets in the diet leading to immorality, assassination and the desire to pet goats.
"A man's greatest work is to break his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all the things that have been theirs, to hear the weeping of those who cherished them." -CHINGIS KHAN

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #257: April 01, 2013, 05:33:48 AM »
News Bulletin:

The Cagilan Empire has proclaimed Merlin Silverfire Emperor of Atamara. It turns out that the Prime Minister and General really just wanted to say that they had won Atamara before turning over control to a puppet. Who better than someone who would really think that the DID control things? There was much rejoicing amongst the peasantry because they were each given a loaf of bread in celebration of the event.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #258: April 01, 2013, 08:00:54 AM »
Oh heck yes. Give us a cross-island invasion fleet, and I'm pretty sure CE can convince Darka and Heorot to join forces and invade Dwilight. After all, why fight a losing war when you can go loot some poor sap who's weaker than you?

We'll even let you pick whether we attack Aurvandil or SA. Are you listening dev team? ;D
------
qui audet vincit

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #259: April 01, 2013, 08:47:18 AM »
Oh heck yes. Give us a cross-island invasion fleet, and I'm pretty sure CE can convince Darka and Heorot to join forces and invade Dwilight. After all, why fight a losing war when you can go loot some poor sap who's weaker than you?

We'll even let you pick whether we attack Aurvandil or SA. Are you listening dev team? ;D

Zuma. Let's see if you can do it!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Baatarsaikhan

• Freeman
  • Oh bother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #260: April 01, 2013, 08:51:35 AM »
After all, why fight a losing war when you can go loot some poor sap who's weaker than you?

On behalf of the Darkan High Council, we accept your statement of Empire loss and suggest a joint pillaging of Outer Tilog for a brisk game of Peasant Bowling.  If the devs work quick through the next five months, we could be sailing the intercontinental invasion fleet in time for a Rollsovar BBQ.

Mmmm.....BBQ of Eternal Damnation.... ;D
"A man's greatest work is to break his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all the things that have been theirs, to hear the weeping of those who cherished them." -CHINGIS KHAN

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #261: April 01, 2013, 03:47:42 PM »
Yes, yes it is. As soon as BoM Eston split, Darka lost the war.

Correction.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262: April 01, 2013, 06:15:38 PM »
Funny thing that we have lost the war, without losing single region, without having any major battle fought on our lands :)

But gotta admit, our situation aint look too bright :P
~Violence is always an option!~

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #263: April 02, 2013, 01:40:11 AM »
I'd glady join forces with those fancy pants southerners if it meant looting Dwilight. It'd be shiny, new, and full of lots of fun.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #264: April 05, 2013, 06:16:24 AM »
Is Atamara always so quiet in the ruler's channel during a war or does the whole of Atamara just not care? Over half the war declarations against Heorot have gone without anyone bothering to even say why they're doing it.

I figured having a ruler on Atamara for the first time would be a bit more exciting than this, but its turning out to be not a whole lot different than just playing with a bunch of quiet players in the Barony.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #265: April 05, 2013, 06:29:46 AM »
Is Atamara always so quiet in the ruler's channel during a war or does the whole of Atamara just not care? Over half the war declarations against Heorot have gone without anyone bothering to even say why they're doing it.

I figured having a ruler on Atamara for the first time would be a bit more exciting than this, but its turning out to be not a whole lot different than just playing with a bunch of quiet players in the Barony.

Yep. Sounds bout right.

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Baatarsaikhan

• Freeman
  • Oh bother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #266: April 05, 2013, 09:48:46 AM »
Well, you can always go exchange letters with Triple-K and see what it's like to be

GREETING'D!
at the start of every letter.

I've received "strongly worded letters" before iRL, but I can;t help but think I'd pay more attention if they started like that more often.

GREETINGS!
Your student loan is overdue...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267: April 05, 2013, 01:09:35 PM »
And maybe get a cheery "suck my socks!" Tossed in every once in a while.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #268: April 05, 2013, 01:22:48 PM »
So... are Darka and Heorot the ONLY realms not associated/allied with the Cagilan bloc now? On the entire Island?

How ridiculous is this getting?

Join them, all the cool people do!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #269: April 05, 2013, 02:21:49 PM »

Yeah, Atamara is an awful, awful island to be a ruler on. They're all so old and jaded that most of them aren't especially active anymore, so they don't generally bother to say anything beyond what's absolutely necessary. All the important things are decided in private conversations well before something like a declaration of war actually takes place, so once it gets to that point there's nothing that needs to be said; everyone already knows where they stand, so the kind of grandstanding you might want to do on other islands to affect the opinion of neutral realms is almost entirely unnecessary. On Atamara, everyone already knows who's on who's side when the war starts. There are no neutral realms.