Author Topic: Post AT News Here for our Facebook Page  (Read 140044 times)

Zadar

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Post News Here for our Facebook Page
« Reply #315: July 06, 2013, 02:40:09 AM »
Silnaria is attacking Tara and trying to To Menedor. Menedor choosed to change allegiance to Tara as its Landlord couldn't trust Silnarias current ruler. Silnaria has now showed what it has become. Attacking its form ally.
A plan without a goal, is just a wish .

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #316: July 06, 2013, 03:00:20 AM »
For the fuller story, Menedor, Anfalas, Shanandoah, and Lothruin were part of Coria, whose Senate voted sovereignty and inheritance of diplomacy to silnaria. Shanandoah was quickly taken by Silnaria. Anfalas' lord voted for this measure, then betrayed his realm to Tara. Tara has ignored any communications about its return and recently occupied Menedor and Lothruin, still in allegiance to coria (via the rebel munro/xenophon faction, only 4 nobles in the realm). They left, claiming they wanted to return to the darkan war. Silnaria finally moved to takeover Menedor, but its lord changed allegiance to Tara partway through. Lothruin revolted from the corian rebels, but likely due to taran occupations, were coerced into joining Tara rather than Silnaria. Menedor's landlord was sanctioned as an enemy of the republic by Coria's Senate and is an illegitimate ruler. Silnaria offered equal relations, as commanded by the Corian Senate, but Tara refused communications and occupied silnarian lands. It is Tara who has attacked Silnaria, its legal ally.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #317: July 06, 2013, 03:24:01 AM »
Silnaria is attacking Tara and trying to To Menedor. Menedor choosed to change allegiance to Tara as its Landlord couldn't trust Silnarias current ruler. Silnaria has now showed what it has become. Attacking its form ally.

We now return from this pack of lies to your regularily scheduled program: "How Tara denies Silnaria's sovereignty and acts like an upstanding ally by stealing regions, and refusing to allow Silnaria to help it fight Tara's actual enemy."
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Eirikr

« Reply #318: July 06, 2013, 03:57:45 AM »
I'd also like to note that Coria owned Lothruin right up until about a day and half ago. The scribe note I saw when orders were issued said it was still Coria's.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #319: July 06, 2013, 05:04:38 AM »

Show me anything that indicates that Tara and Silnaria are allies. Literally anything. The two realms aren't even at peace.

Any suggestion that Silnaria is attacking Tara is a load of crap.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320: July 06, 2013, 11:52:28 AM »
* jaune smiles and try to hold up laughing

Time is on side of Darka... CE's allies growing tired and try to find something to do.
~Violence is always an option!~

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #321: July 06, 2013, 04:00:21 PM »
The only reason Silnaria isn't following the footsteps of Coria is because of the League's refusal to recognize Silnaria as Coria's successor, including Ottar. Ottar chose to ignore an alliance that was offered to him. And the TO of Menedor was begun while the region was 'Coria', not Taran. The lord switched allegiance to Tara after the takeover began. A takeover can't be started without being at war, so Silnaria can't TO regions at this moment. So its completely disingenuous to say Silnaria started taking over Taran regions.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #322: July 06, 2013, 06:09:40 PM »
Yes, you are right Silnaria and Tara has not ever been allies. So Silnaria isn't following Corias footsteps in anyway. One thing is sure and you cant twist that. Menedor is under Tara's banner and Silnaria tries to TO it.   Don't twist game mechanis bty saying that Tara took those regions. Couple ofLords did choose to change their allegiance to Tara instead of living under Silnaria and that madman. Of course Tara will try to protect those Nobles.  I heard a rumour that mindplague is coming from Freakpot.

I heard a rumor that it apparently has already infected you if you honestly believe any of that. Menendor was being TO'ed and its lord switched allegiance mid TO, so don't try and twist game mechanics to make Silnaria into some aggressor when its known that neutral parties can't TO. I thought Merlin was a bit crazy based on what I'd heard before joining Coria, but the real madmen are his neighbors. I understand and fully respect propaganda and the like, but what I see here is just toxic, and those spinning this kind of crap appear to really, actually believe it. Its baffling, and probably unhealthy.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #323: July 06, 2013, 07:26:44 PM »
I concur. In-game propaganda is all fine and dandy, even enjoyable. But continuing it oocly is just disrespectful and manipulative.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #324: July 07, 2013, 12:50:04 AM »
... Have you guys been following this thread at all?

Nope, opinions are welcome.  You'll see other similar posts on Facebook, feel free to post replies on Facebook to "set the record straight" (as others have done with other posts)

IC propaganda is fine here.
------
qui audet vincit

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #325: July 07, 2013, 05:22:03 AM »
Nobody said any different.

Eirikr

« Reply #326: July 07, 2013, 05:33:40 AM »
Yes, you are right Silnaria and Tara has not ever been allies. So Silnaria isn't following Corias footsteps in anyway. One thing is sure and you cant twist that. Menedor is under Tara's banner and Silnaria tries to TO it.   Don't twist game mechanis bty saying that Tara took those regions. Couple ofLords did choose to change their allegiance to Tara instead of living under Silnaria and that madman. Of course Tara will try to protect those Nobles.  I heard a rumour that mindplague is coming from Freakpot.

You just did twist it... Silnaria tried very hard to follow in Coria's footsteps. The only reason we aren't is because others decided it'd be a great idea to remove our feet. If any of this were actually in the form of news, I'd just post a counter news release... but it isn't. The takeover on Menedor started before Tara owned it. In fact, it was a third of the way done. Since the conversion, we haven't performed any TO actions -- it's game mechanically impossible.

I do agree on one point: Tara didn't take those regions, they were given to Tara. Where Tara is at fault is not returning them. If you don't consider this preventing Silnaria from following in Coria's footsteps, I just don't know what to say. Logic apparently doesn't work.

Honestly, I wish Tara would just have the balls to do what they clearly want to do and declare war on Silnaria. Stop feeding the caustic atmosphere and just get into a real war with clear winners and losers.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #327: July 07, 2013, 05:58:27 AM »
BREAKING NEWS FROM TARA, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Silnaria is attacking Tara and trying to takeover Menedor. Menedor chose to change its allegiance to Tara as its lord could not trust Silnaria's current ruler. Silnaria has now shown what it has become, attacking its former ally.

There. Happy now?

Please remember that Zadar is not a native English speaker.
------
qui audet vincit

Eirikr

« Reply #328: July 07, 2013, 06:38:30 AM »
There. Happy now?

Please remember that Zadar is not a native English speaker.

Admittedly, I do often forget that. Though... "former ally" is still 100% wrong, even as propaganda. Tara's never been allied with Silnaria, unless they do accept them as successors... in which case, they are knowingly supporting rebels against Silnaria. It's a paradox. I also wasn't referring to the original post, but Zadar's response to the other OOC dialogue.

I'll play along though:

Silnarian officials maintain Tara is ignoring Coria's last wishes and supporting the dissenting minority by holding Silnarian lands captive. At a speech in Shanandoah, Chief Ambassador and General Ravendon noted that Silnaria has no issue with Tara's sheltering of these dissenting nobles, but the lands they took are rightfully Silnarian. He went on to say that the battle in Lothruin was a mistake, having been a Corian region when orders were issued and Silnaria continues to seek peace with Tara, despite their warmongering.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #329: July 08, 2013, 08:10:41 AM »
Admittedly, I do often forget that. Though... "former ally" is still 100% wrong, even as propaganda. Tara's never been allied with Silnaria, unless they do accept them as successors... in which case, they are knowingly supporting rebels against Silnaria. It's a paradox. I also wasn't referring to the original post, but Zadar's response to the other OOC dialogue.

I'll play along though:
Thanks for the newspiece, I find them much more enjoyable and I am sure others do too.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton