Author Topic: Post FEI News Here for our Facebook Page  (Read 114205 times)

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Post News Here for our Facebook Page
« Reply #75: December 29, 2012, 05:38:02 PM »
To be perfectly honest, considering Sorraine's atrocious PR both in the lead up to and during he current conflict, I doubt they are going to be able to use this evidence of Order involvement to stir up anything effective. Ohnar is miles ahead in the propaganda war, at least from where my char is standing in Cathay.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: December 29, 2012, 05:43:44 PM »
Yes...and when a realm filled with McGahees, Chan'gu'Cons, Rhentronies and Ironhorses is winning the PR war, you know there's a problem.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: December 29, 2012, 05:49:01 PM »
The hilarity of setting up an Order theocracy in territory currently held by Sorraine was too hilarious to resist exploring the possibility. However, the idea was abandoned after being found unfeasible.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: December 29, 2012, 05:55:32 PM »
Death to Thain!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: December 29, 2012, 07:58:27 PM »
I think the fact that we had an inactive ruler and general really hurt Sorraine badly. None of us in the realm have any idea what's happening at the higher levels. So far as I know, nothing has been discussed inside the realm about the war at all. And no one inside the church of Sartan has said anything about the war either. In fact, it appears as if a large portion of the church would be happy to see Sorraine lose the war, even though it would be a serious loss for the church as well.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: December 30, 2012, 02:01:23 AM »
In fact, it appears as if a large portion of the church would be happy to see Sorraine lose the war, even though it would be a serious loss for the church as well.

...why?

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: December 30, 2012, 02:28:03 AM »
...why?

At least in Cathay, Sorraine's antics have had an adverse effect in the Church's reputation, and with Galiard a dishonorable reputation can become a serious problem. While it's obvious that the total destruction of Sorraine would be bad, they have caused more harm than good and no one is willing to put their position on the line to intervene.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: December 30, 2012, 03:14:04 AM »
Out of curiosity, what has Sorraine done that has had such a bad reputation for the church? As I said earlier, there has been nothing mentioned in Sorraine about this, and absolutely nothing within the church at all, until just today, in response to my message yesterday about the war. I would have expected that if people were unhappy, they would have said something.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: December 30, 2012, 05:34:32 AM »
Part of the Church's reputation is probably a holdover from Selene's outburst that got NeoSartania destroyed. Other factors that are Sorraine related:

1. Unwillingness to let other religions inside their borders - the only realm that does that currently.

2. Burning temples during the War of the Hearth Right gave the impression, even to their allies, that Sorraine was using the war as an excuse to further the Church's agenda.

3. Something that pissed Velax and Galiard off hugely was the perception that Sorraine was prepared to abandon Arcaea's and Cathay's forces in Haul when we needed them just so they could go burn some Zonasan temples.

4. Selene is doing herself and the Church no favours by threatening torture on every Ohnarian that ends up in her dungeons, as well as promising to continue fighting the war until both realms are destroyed, just as Velax is trying to negotiate a peace that sees Sorraine not losing a city.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 05:36:23 AM by Velax »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: December 30, 2012, 05:57:08 AM »
What's wrong with furthering a church's agenda?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: December 30, 2012, 09:32:44 AM »
In other news, Priestess Selene Octavius of Sartanism, Judge of Sorraine gets desperate- Read for yourself her reaction after being relieved of her gold, an act she'd herself performed upon multiple Ohnarians.

Letter from a prisoner   (13 hours, 35 minutes ago)
Prisoner Selene has sent you a letter:

Dear Unpronounceable.

I am not inclined to bandy words with thieving lowlifes such as yourself. However, I will say this - we have seen your surrender terms and they are laughable. And, if you want any kind of peace, you would be advised to release me immediately or, in addition to continuing this war until both our realms are destroyed, I will personally repay your insults and theft by torturing and robbing every single noble of yours we capture.

What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: December 30, 2012, 01:42:33 PM »
Both sides have been fairly liberal in stealing gold from prisoners.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: December 30, 2012, 04:23:21 PM »
Sorraine's general during the War of the Hearth Right also didn't endear himself to Velax or Galiard - Mathilda did a good job of clearing up the notion that they were just going to go and burn some temples, but I remember one council discussion in which it was observed that Ohnar West was doing a great job coordinating their small army's objectives and timing with Arcaea and Cathay while Sorraine's General pretty much never told anybody where they were or what they were doing even when directly asked. In some wars that might've been as inconsequential as it sounds, but in the Hearth Right war 5-8k of mobile CS made a ton of difference.

Sorraine still banked some goodwill as their army definitely showed up on several occasions when it was needed, but Henzo reinforced the idea that Sorraine was going to do more or less whatever it wanted, whenever it wanted.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: December 30, 2012, 04:24:13 PM »
Both sides have been fairly liberal in stealing gold from prisoners.

The only reason for no-steal agreements is to please the judges that don't want to lose honor points for taking it. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: December 30, 2012, 04:34:57 PM »
Well, yes, I get that. But pointing out how one side's judge is mean/evil/nasty for stealing gold is at the least, hypocritical, as both sides have already been doing so from the beginning.