Author Topic: Post FEI News Here for our Facebook Page  (Read 114938 times)

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Post News Here for our Facebook Page
« Reply #225: April 03, 2013, 10:00:42 PM »
He is trying to make something shiny and new but it'll be a tough - though not impossible - sell.

It is the last original realm, though Arcaea is totally unrecognizable from its first two incarnations.

I keep hoping somebody will try to revive Lasanar, but I don't think enough people are around who remember it. It was the major power in the North for years.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #226: April 03, 2013, 10:19:54 PM »
I'm OOC interested in seeing what he does.

IC . . . well I got the agreements Phellan wanted so he's pretty neutral to the war.    The faith must continue etc etc etc.

I kinda want Kaylan to die though, I still need heroic death Fame for the Family.   And nothing like having a faithful member of the Order kill another member of the Order >.>

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #227: April 04, 2013, 01:58:14 PM »
The Arcaean Empire has declared that it will march to defend Zonasa. Emperor Velax has stated that he believes Cathay intend to create an anti-Empire coalition by allying with Kindara, Aenilia and Ohnar and then conquering or destroying Zonasa. He believes this represents a direct threat to the Empire and to Arcaea and that it must be stopped.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #228: April 04, 2013, 02:01:31 PM »
The Imperialist, Emperor Velax I de Vere, has decided to intercede on the war of Cathayan Federation on Zonasa's behalf. Citing vain and myopic self-interest, the despot has renounced all claims to justice or rightwise casus belli, instead pursuing a ruthless campaign taking only Arcaean interests to heart while abandoning their longtime friends and allies, the Cathayans, who meant them no harm at all, ever, and would never go behind their backs for any reason, at all, trust me. That the tyrant would be so self-serving as to believe that what allies another nation keeps is his prerogative is a crime against sovereignty and nobility itself.

All good and righteous nobles are called upon to defend against the imperialist threat and to push the balance of power against the ruthless tide, or else face eternal domination and oppression.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 02:03:48 PM by Norrel »
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #229: April 05, 2013, 02:34:48 PM »
thanks!

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #230: April 18, 2013, 06:43:18 PM »
In response to allying with the foul heathens of Sorraine, declared enemies of the one true faith, the Order of the Elders, Regent Steel of the Principality of Zonasa has been excommunicated from the faith until such a time that he repents from the terrible sin of consorting with evil. All of the faithful are instructed to shun the Regent, and withhold hospitality until such a time as he is welcomed back into the faith. Will Regent Steel repent, or will he instead choose eternal damnation and judgement by Hel?

One thing is for sure though, none shall pass onto Valhalla fighting on the side of the foul Sartanists.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231: April 18, 2013, 08:10:45 PM »
Which includes all the Arcaean followersof the Order who, oddly, have not been excommunicated...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #232: April 18, 2013, 08:14:47 PM »
You could make a case that the Arcaean Order nobles have lordship over the Sorrites, which might be acceptable, rather than making a deal with them.

Fortunately that's a theological argument I'm happy not to be a part of!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #233: April 18, 2013, 08:17:17 PM »
Well, it is the Order, so there's really nothing theological about it anyway. ;)

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #234: April 18, 2013, 08:27:04 PM »
Well, it is the Order, so there's really nothing theological about it anyway. ;)

Now now. . . those who RP have plenty of theology.

Pity more people don't take an active role is all.  I get tired of RP'ing all by my lonesome.

And I already argued the point that our followers in Arcaea kinda were doing the same, but they get off on the "we were up here fighting the CoS on a crusade and never came back" argument.   Helps that one of the Elders is up there leading them too.

Whereas Steel. . . has pretty much allied himself against all the remaining Elders of the Order, so he might have been asking for it in more than one way.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #235: April 19, 2013, 02:22:18 AM »
Situational ethics FTW!

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #236: April 19, 2013, 02:56:17 AM »
Situational ethics FTW!

Show me one faith that doesn't :D

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #237: April 19, 2013, 05:05:12 AM »
I wasn't casting aspersions, merely acknowledging a kindred philosophy. ;D

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #238: April 19, 2013, 05:13:32 AM »
Whereas Steel. . . has pretty much allied himself against all the remaining Elders of the Order, so he might have been asking for it in more than one way.

Seems like you placed Steel in a fairly difficult situation. If Steel had said to Velax, "Yeah, we'd love your help, but don't bring Sorraine. We don't like their religion," Velax would have had to think long and hard about whether he still wanted to provide aid. Worst case scenario, Steel following the directives of the Order of the Elders elders (hee) meant Zonasa fighting Cathay and Kindara alone.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #239: April 19, 2013, 08:51:09 PM »
Seems like you placed Steel in a fairly difficult situation. If Steel had said to Velax, "Yeah, we'd love your help, but don't bring Sorraine. We don't like their religion," Velax would have had to think long and hard about whether he still wanted to provide aid. Worst case scenario, Steel following the directives of the Order of the Elders elders (hee) meant Zonasa fighting Cathay and Kindara alone.

Oh, was I suppose to make things easy on someone doing something I disapprove of? :P   I'll try to be nicer to the guy starting a war between the only other two-faithful realms on the island.