Author Topic: Post FEI News Here for our Facebook Page  (Read 114937 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: Post News Here for our Facebook Page
« Reply #195: January 26, 2013, 07:10:33 PM »
Geez, thanks.

See what your allies think of you? Break away from them and join the Empire! We have cookies! :D Also, overwhelming military power.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #196: January 26, 2013, 07:38:44 PM »
Last time Zonasa was involved in a war, yes, we had allies, but we never once fought side by side with them. I don't recall hearing about us coordinating with them. And since the war ended, I have explicitly asked if there is anyone who will trade food with us (because our cities are pretty much starving half the time), and been essentially told, "No, no one cares."
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #197: January 26, 2013, 07:42:08 PM »
Jesus christ spoilers dude. I sincerely hope a show-watcher doesn't read this, it'll ruin season 3 for them
Real fans read the books  8)

We have no (useful) allies, and, well, they're Arcaea—huge, many allies, pretty much the Lords of the North.
From what I heard, Zonasa earned some sympathy from the assassination. Maybe it can make some new friends.

Hopefully Velax will manage to avoid the fate of another famous King of the North.
There's only one true king in the north!  ;D

Last time Zonasa was involved in a war, yes, we had allies, but we never once fought side by side with them. I don't recall hearing about us coordinating with them. And since the war ended, I have explicitly asked if there is anyone who will trade food with us (because our cities are pretty much starving half the time), and been essentially told, "No, no one cares."
You're asking the wrong people.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #198: January 26, 2013, 07:52:10 PM »
Real fans read the books  8)

People other than "real fans" might care. Get of your high horse, Aarth.

You're asking the wrong people.

I asked my banker. If that's the wrong person to ask about who might be willing to sell us food, then Zonasa's screwed anyway.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #199: January 26, 2013, 08:01:20 PM »

If Kindara is ignoring you, you must be talking to the wrong people or just need to bug someone else in our hierarchy so that we can, in turn, bug the appropriate person. As far as I know, in the last war fighting together was never really an option the way the fronts were situated, but Alpha was always trying to coordinate with Elk though I remember Elk and Alpha both saying there was some problems with coordinating mostly because of key people being inactive when they were needed. I also know for a fact that Benjamin was always very smart about trading with allies or other realms when they kept in touch with him, Min as our new banker seems to be pretty smart about it too. As long as we have food to spare, Kindara will always sell to allies, but if allies don't ask, we can't divine your need for food.

I'd like to think Kindara is pretty fortunate to have a fairly active realm council when all things are considered. Just bug us if you own council isn't giving you the answers you need.

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #200: January 26, 2013, 08:09:27 PM »
As long as we have food to spare, Kindara will always sell to allies, but if allies don't ask, we can't divine your need for food.

^

No one has contacted me about it :'(

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #201: January 26, 2013, 08:11:05 PM »
I'd like to think Kindara is pretty fortunate to have a fairly active realm council when all things are considered. Just bug us if you own council isn't giving you the answers you need.

My council is not giving me the answers I want, but they are giving me answers. Baranion has no reason to think that contacting Kindara will get him anywhere. Frankly, he, his sister, and his uncle would be happy to take their regions to Kindara if a) they knew it was better than Zonasa and b) Kindara would have them.
Timothy Collett

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #202: January 26, 2013, 08:52:53 PM »
I thought Game of Thrones was a very, very good book series, but I had to stop reading it because it is just too depressing for me. I can handle some main character deaths, but it seems that just about every single character that is likeable gets killed off. D:

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #203: January 26, 2013, 09:14:11 PM »
I have explicitly asked if there is anyone who will trade food with us (because our cities are pretty much starving half the time), and been essentially told, "No, no one cares."

Dsinanas has been selling its surplus to Batesaor for months now when there's no demand for the food inside Kindara. High Magistrate Steel of Zonasa even wrote to Rosalind to thank her for providing food for the city. Kindara would sell more food to Zonasa if it knew there was the demand for it.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #204: January 27, 2013, 12:24:57 AM »
Jesus christ spoilers dude. I sincerely hope a show-watcher doesn't read this, it'll ruin season 3 for them

Too late :'(
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #205: January 27, 2013, 12:44:15 AM »

Elk and I talked about an attack on Taop a few times, and IC, it was a major goal of Alpha's to take the city so the CoS temple could be sacked. But we really didn't have enough forces, even combined, to overcome militia plus any mobile units that might have made it. Although, we coordinated our attacks on Pates and Ansopen/Zarimel to occur so that Cathay could only attempt to defend one region. During the winter, the travel time between Azros and Haul was something like 75-85 hours on vanguard. That really limited our ability to group the armies, as it would leave either Palanos or Hatdhes/Azros relatively  undefended.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #206: January 27, 2013, 09:35:09 AM »
Too late :'(

You have my condolences. I'm only watching the show for that scene and I bet it would have been amazing if you didn't see it coming ):
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #207: January 27, 2013, 10:54:23 AM »
You have my condolences. I'm only watching the show for that scene and I bet it would have been amazing if you didn't see it coming ):

I'm just going to have to have it reinacted upon some people's characters I suppose.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #208: January 31, 2013, 09:39:46 AM »
For the news page:

Sixty-nine nobles from eight realms gathered in Anacan for a tournament of sword and joust. Arcaea came away with most of the honours, with Lord Lucius Aulus of the Scipii winning the Swordfight and Lord Indigo van Belhanka taking third. Baron Derfel Hywelbane of Coralynth was the runner up. In a surprise upset, Duchess Arya Calanar, winner of several previous tournaments, did not reach the finals.

In the Joust, Duchess Adaria Lightstar of Greater Aenilia took the honours, narrowly defeating Lord Brashen Keen of Arcaea in the final.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #209: January 31, 2013, 03:59:51 PM »
posted!