Author Topic: Where did you draw your inspiration for your characters?  (Read 8658 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

I start my characters off with a word or two as their core and build from there. They tend to become products of their environment over time, though...

Keiichi: Camaraderie and Amusement
Araia: Serenity
Azrea: Like-a-puppy-with-floppy-ears (seriously)
Seri: Distracted (even before she went off the deep end)
Min: Dignity and Pride
Kin: Confidence and Zest

My first character, Baiko, was orginally inspired by Tomoe Gozen, but she didn't end up anything like her :p

Seri's gone off the deep end? And I thought she got another chance at life in Dwilight.

Ok, so my characters...Yeah, this might become a long list, and I'm not even an old player. More middle-aged.

Jared: Since he was my starter and I had no idea at first what to do in this game, he was modeled after service, a hero fighting for his realm Fontan with no questions asked or words spoken.

Samael: Eventually figured out that he is a fighting scientist/herblorist. He was the guy who writes how to mix strange drinks and at the same time duel someone with the other hand.

Garret: Would you believe the original template for him was an ambitious knight who would train his swordfighting skills to become a champion of Lasanar? Since he has been the longest lived of all my characters, I guess it makes sense that he has evolved the most.

Mahalo: Not much developed here. I think his original design was to be some weakling who is supposed to grow stronger. He never did.

Zephyros: He's the brash and rude youngster who does everything according to instinct.

Iksandros: For this guy I tried to incorporate a bunch of different motives, from being the last of his family, seeing his mother die, growing up with a more energetic and skilled Ramuh, reluctantly joining the military, and other typical background stuff. He was originally intended to be a champion riding gloriously in tournaments, though 4th Inv altered that path a bit.

Ramuh: Originally he was much like Zephyros, but he did things according to what he thought the law would allow. In Fontan he laughed when a hero who guaranteed his death or something got killed the next battle. He was basically another brash young noble, but like most things go, 4th Inv altered that path.

Peregrin: I thought about the most boring personality possible, and tried to do so. Must die in battle as hero.

Kylen: I thought about the most annoying bubbly personality possible, and tried to do so. Have some cookies of love and friendship! Yay!

Patchouli: I guess she smells nice.

Talek: Who cares about some random commoner wandering around southeast Dwilight.

Amvaroleia: The Beamers contributed to her creation, so her personality and goals are a combination of their input.