Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 540115 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Topic Start: October 08, 2012, 09:18:44 PM »
Oh well Aurvandil won't be keeping Paisly for much longer, which we only took as a reaction to Terranese territorial advance into the fortified position of Paisland. We can't let Terran hold a Motte and Bailey on the bottleneck border, especially if Terran does start bringing down the northerners, it would give you scope to campaign into Aurvandil with relative safety against Aurvandilan counter attack.

lulz, you're too nice...

Honestly, I don't want Terran to stop fighting until we're able to whip some discipline into our army. Terran needs to fight a real war, even if we lose, just so we can reprogram our army from "routine monster clearing missions" to "real fighting force." We'll see if we can accomplish that....

Problem is I'm not sure we'll be around after the "even if we lose part."

And honestly, we haven't been doing that terrible other than some minor mistakes and inactivity. It's just hard to look good when fighting a realm twice your size.

Also, Terran scarcely had a reason to fight Aurvandil considering the peace terms we were working out with Barca, which put everything to Barca's favour and largely left the terms to their choosing.

If I remember correctly those peace terms did not include giving back the stolen regions, which is the main reason Terran started the war. Also, the war needed to happen one way or another. The 'Moot had one chance to challenge Aurvandil's strength and it coming sooner rather later, and with Lurian aid, was in the 'Moot's best interest. Unfortunately, things didn't go our way.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)