Author Topic: On SA's political coalition: Pros, Cons, and Potential Action.  (Read 31277 times)

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Just add him to your ignore list (Profile > Buddies/Ignore List > Edit Ignore List). Then you won't have to read his drivel.

Godsend. Thank you very much for this piece of wisdom!

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Well, there I have to say, I agree with you. We really need some way to get the forum mods to crack down harder on trolling, flaming, and whatever other kinds of antisocial forum behaviour we see.

This forum could be a great place to interact with the community—and at times, it is.

Other times, though, it's a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

So you are implying I am trolling and or flaming or being antisocial? Where has anything I have said in the last few posts not been about IG things? I have no come out here attacking people.

Basically by disagreeing or trying in any way to correct lies and or blatant hypocrisy on these forums you get labeled 'trolling, flaming, or antisocial'? So basically do not have an opinion beyond the one that is officially sanctioned by a few members of this forum?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 08:48:15 PM by Glaumring the Fox »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Godsend. Thank you very much for this piece of wisdom!

No kidding!

Now I can put Anaris and Indirik on ignore and make sure I only see crazy posts.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
What if the chance of lands adding to his power is slim to none at the current rate? Coupled with the impending losses in tax gold in his city, he might not remain a happy duke much longer....  :-\

Oh well, its a moot point with the code shackling him either way.
Well, once a Duke reaches a certain limit for the power of his Duchy then it is time to make his Duchy well known across the world. Sponsoring famous armies, spreading his own name in the world by name and skill, hosting tournaments and seeing his goals and agendas are met in the foreign world. There are many options to keep the Dukes happy! :)

Joking aside, a good ruler should always keep his Dukes, as his most direct vassals, happy. Binding them with the oath of fealty is the most basic step, but if in the long run he fails to provide his Dukes with some entertainment then he should risk severe damage to his rule. It was my point from before. If let's say, a duke in Morek is not happy cause his realm has zero prospects on the horizon and his ruler refuses to do anything about it. This results in nobles leaving and therefore making his own duchy much weaker. So, his options are to either dethrone the King or make a secession. In the long run, every Duke is probably a King wannabe. We would have much more livelier islands if this was a certainty and not just a probability.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Well, once a Duke reaches a certain limit for the power of his Duchy then it is time to make his Duchy well known across the world. Sponsoring famous armies, spreading his own name in the world by name and skill, hosting tournaments and seeing his goals and agendas are met in the foreign world. There are many options to keep the Dukes happy! :)

Joking aside, a good ruler should always keep his Dukes, as his most direct vassals, happy. Binding them with the oath of fealty is the most basic step, but if in the long run he fails to provide his Dukes with some entertainment then he should risk severe damage to his rule. It was my point from before. If let's say, a duke in Morek is not happy cause his realm has zero prospects on the horizon and his ruler refuses to do anything about it. This results in nobles leaving and therefore making his own duchy much weaker. So, his options are to either dethrone the King or make a secession. In the long run, every Duke is probably a King wannabe. We would have much more livelier islands if this was a certainty and not just a probability.

I 100% agree with this. Every Duke should be a king in waiting.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Locked. Warnings and thread cleaning will be forthcoming.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.