Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547468 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #15: October 09, 2012, 11:34:58 PM »
I imagine Terran are, but Aurvandil can afford to delay since we now have the Motte and Bailey in Paisland, and Terran can at best bring south 12,000 C.S. and usually they bring very little infantry and usually the same amount in Cavalry.

Though, it'll be interesting to see how things plays out once Paisly secedes and either side can either go to war with the new realm to fight the other, or go through Barca which seems to be struggling just to exist at the moment, which should be soon since Aurvandil likes to give its cities the boot as soon as possible and tell them to make it on their own and to stop free loading on the Commonwealth.

Indeed, if/when you spin off Paisly, that'll be a very interesting dynamic.

That said, I do think Aurvandil is overtrusting in infantry. In battles where the wind doesn't screw up the archers, we have inflicted substantively heavier casualties on you than you have on us. Admittedly, that weather factor does add a major risk element– but I can't help thinking that your lack of cav and much ranged power is gonna come back to bite you if we ever get in a situation with CS-parity.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner