Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547143 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1665: March 21, 2013, 02:35:46 AM »
Ah the sweet taste of victory. Good game moot. Now lets be FWENDS!

Yeah...

There's gonna be some hardcore anti-SA bitterness in Terran after this I think. See "Stab-in-the-Back Myth" for more details.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666: March 21, 2013, 03:00:47 AM »
The Farronite Republic will welcome any Terran refugees. *hug*

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667: March 21, 2013, 03:11:53 AM »
No, no! Come to D'Hara! We have gold and food need and gold and food need! Who wants some shiny toythings when you have those?

Now seriously, that's no good. The only military competent member of the 'Moot is being roflstomped. D'Hara, watch your ass from now onwards...
D'Espana Family

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668: March 21, 2013, 03:23:17 AM »
There's gonna be some hardcore anti-SA bitterness in Terran after this I think. See "Stab-in-the-Back Myth" for more details.
Well, you shot yourself in the foot the way it was handled. My character still doesn't even know that Aurvandil attacked your capital, let alone that it's almost rogue. Hell, I don't think I even heard, IC, about Aurvandil's landing in Larur.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669: March 21, 2013, 03:45:09 AM »
Well, you shot yourself in the foot the way it was handled. My character still doesn't even know that Aurvandil attacked your capital, let alone that it's almost rogue. Hell, I don't think I even heard, IC, about Aurvandil's landing in Larur.

I so badly want to say " I told you all so" but I'll hold my tongue...
We live lives in beautiful lies...

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #1670: March 21, 2013, 04:20:13 AM »

Come to think of it, neither does MY character... :-\
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671: March 21, 2013, 04:25:12 AM »
Terran does good at getting allies, it does bad at communicating with allies though. That is their diplomatic downfall. They need to convey their need for aid, instead of just assume it is expected.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672: March 21, 2013, 06:44:22 AM »
Terran does good at getting allies, it does bad at communicating with allies though. That is their diplomatic downfall. They need to convey their need for aid, instead of just assume it is expected.

Indeed.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673: March 21, 2013, 08:16:28 AM »

They were in Chesland before we knew they had landed, because the lord of the region they landed in (surprise!) was an Aurvandil/Asylon spy.

Oh, and the founder of the Anti-Aurvandil Alliance. Hip-hip, hoorah!

Honestly, even if we'd notified you as soon as we heard rumors of a naval assault, you never could have arrived in time. Aurvandil moves quickly and in great force.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674: March 21, 2013, 08:22:07 AM »
Honestly, even if we'd notified you as soon as we heard rumors of a naval assault, you never could have arrived in time. Aurvandil moves quickly and in great force.

This is basically why Kale didn't bring it up to anyone: he just previously sent out urgent "Come to our aid against Asylon!" and when we learned Aurvandil was coming (only a few days prior to their landing) it was way to late to get help and any aid that did come would arrive weeks after they were sitting back at home in Aurvandil.

EDIT: Also, funny thing is everyone in Terran is pretty apathetic to it all...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 08:28:08 AM by Perth »
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675: March 21, 2013, 08:51:30 AM »
EDIT: Also, funny thing is everyone in Terran is pretty apathetic to it all...

The thing is that you don't sound so apathetic on the forums. But if no one knows in-game....
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676: March 21, 2013, 11:33:38 AM »
This is basically why Kale didn't bring it up to anyone: he just previously sent out urgent "Come to our aid against Asylon!" and when we learned Aurvandil was coming (only a few days prior to their landing) it was way to late to get help and any aid that did come would arrive weeks after they were sitting back at home in Aurvandil.

My char knew Aurvandil was comming, and I am pretty sure he told several Terranese nobles, in his "strange" attempt to save lives.
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677: March 21, 2013, 11:35:37 AM »

We just got a huge battle rumor, no? But indeed, I didn't know they were about to strike either...

I so badly want to say " I told you all so" but I'll hold my tongue...

You do realize that saying "I really want to say X, but won't say it", is, in fact, saying X. And Asylon had little to do with it, Aurvandil was plenty able to do it on their own.

Well... I often see that message in various places, and never report it, because thus far, 100% of the time it has been a realm-mate (with or without units) or an ally. If the message was truly reserved for enemies, people would take more heed to it...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678: March 21, 2013, 02:06:41 PM »

You do realize that saying "I really want to say X, but won't say it", is, in fact, saying X. And Asylon had little to do with it, Aurvandil was plenty able to do it on their own.
Its called a sense of humour...

And ok I have noticed this a few times in this thread and its funny but you guys belittle Asylons part in the war. I have also noticed that the hatred for Asylon lately has hilariously outstripped Aurvandiils. Does it matter? No, because after all is said and done Asylon survived and outlasted the Moot even though it was isolated and strategically inferior and without a massive alliance. And is still snubbing their nose at the entire world. Even if we are beaten to a pulp tommorow everyone in Asylons can still hold their head up proud for putting on agood show, bravery and just straight up balls to the wall cocky strategy. Perhaps the Moot won the diplomacy war and the popularity contest of Dwilight, big deal. Asylon won its own contest, with itself against the world in a kingdom that wasnt supposed to survive its founding. We are proud of being Asylon. And we will take that spirit everywhere we go. And funny enough we aren't even done yet.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 05:56:21 PM by Glaumring »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679: March 21, 2013, 06:28:05 PM »
it matter? No, because after all is said and done Asylon survived and outlasted the Moot even though it was isolated and strategically inferior and without a massive alliance. And is still snubbing their nose at the entire world.

Bro.

The Moot isn't dead.