Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547481 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1710: March 23, 2013, 01:22:06 AM »
If Asylon gets steamrolled, I see things changing. The 'moot may not have been doing that great pre-Asylon, but if Asylon gets steamrolled, the north will really be involved then and its much easier to keep them involved, then to get them involved.

Steamrolled by who?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711: March 23, 2013, 01:28:25 AM »
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712: March 23, 2013, 01:42:24 AM »
D'Hara.  8)
Astrum, and hopefully Terran once Aurvandil leaves. That, and perhaps Iashalur or FR help some.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713: March 23, 2013, 01:50:02 AM »
Hireshmont must be smoking something. There are not (nor ever were) any plans for a colony, at least not that were made clear to Quintus.

They control his castle and he's their prisoner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parole

His friends at odds, what will Kale do!?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714: March 23, 2013, 01:55:39 AM »
Astrum, and hopefully Terran once Aurvandil leaves. That, and perhaps Iashalur or FR help some.

You've needed all that just to fight Aurvandiil, you'll need a lot more to take on Asylon.  8)

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715: March 23, 2013, 02:43:19 AM »
His friends at odds, what will Kale do!?

I almost wish I'd had a proper scheme to oppose Hireshmont because that would've been fun. There's not really a 'Quintus' side' in this that I can see, though. An army took over his castle and he promised to behave. If Terran falls, it won't be because Quintus didn't fight to the last man.

In other words, even if Quintus does do something to defy Hireshmont's plans (whatever those plans are), I'm not sure I see how it could be a strong enough move to make a difference. At best he could save Aurvandil a week of effort.

I'm all in favor of intrigues and there were some discussed a while back, but they didn't happen for various reasons. The 'senate trial' seems like a weirdly-timed power play against someone who just lost the power he had. So Hireshmont could ban Quintus...Aurvandil takes the Chateau. Hireshmont doesn't ban Quintus...Aurvandil takes the Chateau. If Vellos has a rabbit to pull out of his hat, Quintus being Duke or not or banned or not can hardly make a difference.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716: March 23, 2013, 03:15:55 AM »
You've needed all that just to fight Aurvandiil, you'll need a lot more to take on Asylon.  8)

Aurvandil is remote, strong, and apparently packed with cheaters. Asylon, as far as I know, has none of that.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717: March 23, 2013, 03:50:21 AM »
Aurvandil is remote, strong, and apparently packed with cheaters. Asylon, as far as I know, has none of that.
Only one of those things actually mattered, they were too far away for our allies to do anything, but Asylon is right by them.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718: March 23, 2013, 04:30:52 AM »

Asylon has Asylonians... 8)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719: March 23, 2013, 04:32:11 AM »
Only one of those things actually mattered, they were too far away for our allies to do anything, but Asylon is right by them.

Once they get to Asylon they wont last long...  8)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720: March 23, 2013, 04:36:23 AM »
Once they get to Asylon they wont last long...  8)
Against your 12k-15k CS army? I am so scared. Astrum's forces they will bring could take that out.
― G.K. Chesterton

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721: March 23, 2013, 04:59:37 AM »
Against your 12k-15k CS army? I am so scared. Astrum's forces they will bring could take that out.

You were scared enough of it before Astrum and SA got involved.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722: March 23, 2013, 05:03:29 AM »

;)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723: March 23, 2013, 05:17:43 AM »
There are some interesting things afoot.  It seems that an ex Iashalurian and a Terran have tried their hand at intrigue and may have ruined some of the northern realms plans.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724: March 23, 2013, 06:44:49 AM »
You were scared enough of it before Astrum and SA got involved.
i was never afraid of it, as I had no doubt SA would get involved. Terran obviously can't win against Aurvandil and Asylon, even if Barca and D'hara help.
― G.K. Chesterton