Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547170 times)

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1755: March 24, 2013, 03:59:13 PM »
High Treason.

No, they'll be breaking election laws. High treason has a very specific definition.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756: March 24, 2013, 04:02:07 PM »
"Cavaliers" or "chevaliers"? I seem to recall that they have some kind of "chevalier" group, or army, or something like that.

@Scarlett: if their laws call it High Treason, then so it is, in their realm.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

sharkattack

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757: March 24, 2013, 04:04:55 PM »
"Cavaliers" or "chevaliers"? I seem to recall that they have some kind of "chevalier" group, or army, or something like that.

Yes its a group of chevaliers that i think are only the eligible ones to become High Sovereign. Not sure 100% tho.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758: March 24, 2013, 04:16:54 PM »
I thought the Chevaliers just referred to their army. Same thing as a cavalier linguistically. French word for dude on horse gonna mess you up.

Do they actually have to be cavaliers class-wise though? BM treats the cavalier class as a sort of 'double plus knight' but a regular knight is still technically a cavalier if he's fighting battles rather than, say, being a priest.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759: March 24, 2013, 04:36:13 PM »
Mendicant & Co.'s locks present a valuable lesson in humility: if you're going to cheat, don't come onto the forums and repeatedly protest the unwarranted suspicion that your activity draws. You'll still be caught, by the way—but at least you won't look like a total moron. If it seems as though the gears of justice turn slowly around here, it's because nobody gets paid for their BM volunteer work, and there are many other fires to put out. Don't take it as sign that cheating goes unnoticed. There isn't any combination of techniques that we haven't yet seen. And if you wonder why chasing down cheaters is worth any of the effort, think of all the honest players who had their efforts and experiences ruined by this kind of dishonesty. This is a game, sure, but it's also a community. Cheaters don't respect that. Accordingly, they shouldn't be given any respect in return.

Sorry to threadjack. Back to the topic at hand.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 04:38:55 PM by Solari »

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760: March 24, 2013, 04:38:15 PM »
Mendicant & Co.'s locks present a valuable lesson in humility: if you're going to cheat, don't come onto the forums and repeatedly protest the unwarranted suspicion that your activity draws. You'll still be caught, by the way—but at least you won't look like a total moron. The gears of justice occasionally turn slowly, because nobody gets paid for their BM volunteer work, but there isn't any combination of techniques that we haven't yet seen. And if you wonder why chasing down cheaters is worth any of the effort, think of all the honest players who had their efforts and experiences ruined by this kind of dishonesty. This is a game, sure, but it's also a community. Cheaters don't respect that. Accordingly, they shouldn't be given any respect in return.

Sorry to threadjack. Back to the topic at hand.

I am quite disappointed/pissed off by the cheating. It is really annoying.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761: March 24, 2013, 05:03:53 PM »
I am quite disappointed/pissed off by the cheating. It is really annoying.

The worst part is that it tars the reputation of everyone else in Aurvandil.  No matter what it is hard to shake that stigma.  Look at Thulsoma and Aquilegia.  That stigma still follows some of the nobles that were associated with that realm.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762: March 24, 2013, 05:07:36 PM »
IIRC there is an actual group in Aurvandil known as the "Chevaliers de Somethingorother". Some kind of elite warrior/advisor or something. If the law states that only Chevaliers can run for High Sovereign, then it must certainly mean that, and no the Cavalier character class.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763: March 24, 2013, 05:11:25 PM »
If it seems as though the gears of justice turn slowly around here, it's because nobody gets paid for their BM volunteer work, and there are many other fires to put out.

I don't mean to have a go at the volunteers, but this guy and others in Aurvandil were getting accused of cheating every five minutes. And no one thought to check if they actually were?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764: March 24, 2013, 05:22:15 PM »
I don't mean to have a go at the volunteers, but this guy and others in Aurvandil were getting accused of cheating every five minutes. And no one thought to check if they actually were?

The player of the multis was much more careful than your average multi—otherwise we certainly would have caught him long ago. The automated tools we have currently didn't pick him up, but once we had a tipoff of two specific characters to look at, we found some oddities they had in common. Then we were able to use that as our key to pick up the rest of the characters in the multi cluster.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765: March 24, 2013, 05:34:51 PM »
then it must certainly mean that, and no the Cavalier character class.

Their wiki page has that listed right next to a requirement that the General be a Hero, so I think it may actually be a class requirement.

Is that an IR gray area? It makes plenty of sense ICly but let's say you're a cavalier, you get elected ruler, then you want to change classes for a while and you can't?

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766: March 24, 2013, 05:41:43 PM »
The player of the multis was much more careful than your average multi—otherwise we certainly would have caught him long ago. The automated tools we have currently didn't pick him up, but once we had a tipoff of two specific characters to look at, we found some oddities they had in common. Then we were able to use that as our key to pick up the rest of the characters in the multi cluster.

Fair enough. Good that they were caught. Were these characters just on Dwilight?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767: March 24, 2013, 05:51:14 PM »
No, there were other character on other islands.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768: March 24, 2013, 05:55:47 PM »
Geez. After all the accusation and suspicion, turns out to be true.

Chenier is gonna have a ball.

Also, what a dick that guy was. All pompous and what not. He was essentially the character Mendicant on the forums, too.

And look at all the stuff he effed up on Dwilight. I would venture that Aurvandil would not have been quite so powerful the past year without all his multi's. Strong, sure. But maybe not as crazy good as they were.

Really makes me mad.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769: March 24, 2013, 05:59:13 PM »
Tststststs