Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 548159 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1785: March 24, 2013, 11:16:40 PM »
There was some kind of bug in the cleanup script this morning (runs 10AM server time). I haven't had chance to look more closely into it yet, but it looked like the kind of bug that would cause the errors you're seeing.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786: March 24, 2013, 11:41:07 PM »
Geez. After all the accusation and suspicion, turns out to be true.

Chenier is gonna have a ball.

Also, what a dick that guy was. All pompous and what not. He was essentially the character Mendicant on the forums, too.

And look at all the stuff he effed up on Dwilight. I would venture that Aurvandil would not have been quite so powerful the past year without all his multi's. Strong, sure. But maybe not as crazy good as they were.

Really makes me mad.

I'm pretty pissed off with the game as a whole right now. A bunch of cheaters changed the continent permanently, and no amounts of political effort could stand in their way.

It was fishy as hell since the beginning, and now all of those people who didn't care about how suspicious their peers were, who preferred to look the other way as long as it payed off for them, now these people are set for quite a while. Aurvandil is now there to stay, probably, and these locks only come after they have succeeded in breaking all of their neighbors. The cheaters get locked, and all of the complacent and unscrupulous who helped them achieve their goals get to enjoy the spoils of the cheat.

I hate the Zuma, but a Zuma invasion of Aurvandil, to destroy or at least cripple the realm that gained supremacy through illegitimate means, would seem fair at this time. Cheating should never pay off for anyone. Looking the other way should never pay off for anyone.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787: March 25, 2013, 12:02:22 AM »
I'm pretty pissed off with the game as a whole right now. A bunch of cheaters changed the continent permanently, and no amounts of political effort could stand in their way.

It was fishy as hell since the beginning, and now all of those people who didn't care about how suspicious their peers were, who preferred to look the other way as long as it payed off for them, now these people are set for quite a while. Aurvandil is now there to stay, probably, and these locks only come after they have succeeded in breaking all of their neighbors. The cheaters get locked, and all of the complacent and unscrupulous who helped them achieve their goals get to enjoy the spoils of the cheat.

I hate the Zuma, but a Zuma invasion of Aurvandil, to destroy or at least cripple the realm that gained supremacy through illegitimate means, would seem fair at this time. Cheating should never pay off for anyone. Looking the other way should never pay off for anyone.

You're not the only way who feels that way.

Madina was destroyed by a bunch of Cheaters - I put years into building that Realm. 

We flagged Mendicant as a cheater almost immediately - but damned if we could "prove" it - but there are were just far too many things that were off or inconsistent with how every other Realm (even extremely good ones) behave and act.

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #1788: March 25, 2013, 12:05:01 AM »
All I have to say about the matter is it's about damn time somebody finally nailed him for cheating - it was pretty blatant (but still circumstantial) if you played in Aurvandil, or around the realm in any close proximity.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789: March 25, 2013, 12:17:08 AM »
This whole cheating thing sucks. I had no idea and it sucks to support a realm that does it. I thought the matter had been settled a while ago and for it to come up now in the middle of an important war pisses me off even more. I am very annoyed that any Asylonian victory will be tarnished by the actions of Mendicants cheating.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790: March 25, 2013, 12:24:48 AM »
Meh, I see no difference between a realm being destroyed by cheaters and a realm being destroyed by some big gang bang alliance. One's legal and one's not, but they both result in the same thing. The injustice is integral to the battlemaster experience.

So, yeah, it's a shame that Madina got destroyed (not Terran that realm was boring), but, eh, the game was rigged from the beginning -- there's no way to win, after all.

I can relate to the guilty feeling of associating with and even aiding Mendicant. I gave him five hundred gold! This makes all of my treachery seem rather pointless.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791: March 25, 2013, 12:32:41 AM »
Meh, I see no difference between a realm being destroyed by cheaters and a realm being destroyed by some big gang bang alliance. One's legal and one's not, but they both result in the same thing. The injustice is integral to the battlemaster experience.

So, yeah, it's a shame that Madina got destroyed (not Terran that realm was boring), but, eh, the game was rigged from the beginning -- there's no way to win, after all.

I can relate to the guilty feeling of associating with and even aiding Mendicant. I gave him five hundred gold! This makes all of my treachery seem rather pointless.

Ah well.   We'll rebuild with a new Realm :)   Now that the Kirks are pretty much destroyed ;)

And ooo thats 500 well. . uh. . . disappeared?  Oh well!

I agree it's part of the game - we just do our best to remove it and keep playing.  I'm not a fan of the big gang-bang wars myself.  Given that Nighthelm was destroyed that way as well.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792: March 25, 2013, 12:36:01 AM »
Chenier Rant

I have some pretty big issues with your guilt-by-association hypothesis, but on the whole that was much more restrained than I was expecting. Bravo.

My big question to everyone: How do we wanna RP this? Black Death? Wrath of the gods? Rampant scurvy?
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #1793: March 25, 2013, 12:42:03 AM »
I have some pretty big issues with your guilt-by-association hypothesis, but on the whole that was much more restrained than I was expecting. Bravo.

My big question to everyone: How do we wanna RP this? Black Death? Wrath of the gods? Rampant scurvy?

How about Alison using cultists to poison them in preparation for a coup? Imagine! If the player and others involved were cool with that, otherwise i really like the plague idea. Might even give some people RP reason to leave Aurvandil.

And in response to the whole world ganging up on Aurvandil being cheating: False. Players from all over worked together over IG years to make that happen and it still did not go as hoped (logistics being what they are). I do believe it's time to let go of it all though, both IC and OOC.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #1794: March 25, 2013, 12:42:40 AM »
They were finally struck down (by accident, by disease?) by the gods for their flagrant disregard of them?

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795: March 25, 2013, 12:53:16 AM »

It definitely isn't far to insult me and the rest of the realm for the actions of one of our players. Even if Mendicant hadn't multied we still wouldve had a much bigger army than the moot.

Oh and i think we are RPing it as disease IC.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796: March 25, 2013, 01:06:14 AM »
You are missing out on a chance to RP alien space clones!!!

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797: March 25, 2013, 01:16:15 AM »
I said sorcerous mind control like we RPed Aquilegia
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798: March 25, 2013, 01:42:08 AM »
I've been saying Plague.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799: March 25, 2013, 01:47:27 AM »
You are missing out on a chance to RP alien space clones!!!

That'll get Titans yelling at you about SMA violations :P

Personally, I'd go with the "shady group of underground assassins".
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.