Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547492 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1830: March 27, 2013, 01:54:47 AM »
Its annoying because of how contrived it all was. You think you are involved in an actual strategy game and making interesting choices and then find out that all of it is a sham. I feel like Terran should get back what it lost, I feel that Barca should get back what they lost. If they lost if fair and square I wouldn't have an issue, I have no problem fighting between realms but when I find out that this war is and was a complete sham it makes me a bit annoyed that we also were used in a weird way. I don't want to win because of cheating. I am fairly pure about taking my hits and would like to see victories because of actual strategy and skill and not just because someone gamed the system.

We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831: March 27, 2013, 07:15:29 AM »
Update:

Hireshmont has decided to go out with a bang.

All Vandals shall be tortured.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832: March 27, 2013, 11:34:07 PM »
Tell me, would Allison have left the church if she had nowhere to run to?
She probably would have been kicked out. The writing was already on the wall. Too many people were too unhappy with her. She had been permanently denied any form of control or authority in the religion. For Allison, that's as good as kicking her out.

And whatever the answer, many people have put great efforts to keeping SA in the same direction, and many have commented that it may not otherwise be so united.
I maintain that these people, all relative newcomers to SA, have no idea what they're talking about.

Morek's impact on Dwilight is rather minimal. They could have more impact, but they chose not to. Same with Astrum.
I'm sorry, but this just proves that you have no idea what's going on in the world outside D'Hara.

What did Astrum or Morek do since Aurvandil was founded?
Destroyed ThulsomaAveroth. Destroyed Caerwyn. Founded Iashalur. Founded Swordfell. Killed Summerdale.

So, yeah, pretty much nothing.

To say that it had a "big" effect is an understatement. Mendicant single-handedly caused the most changes on Dwilight by himself, with the help of whoever didn't mind playing in a realm with a lot of fishy behavior.
There's no denying that Aurvandil had a huge effect on the island. I don't deny it. I just dispute how much different the island would be without the multi-accounting. Would the moot still be around? Sure. Madina? Maybe.

Why not just go raze the damn thing to the ground, lest we leave Dwi as a testament of how much one can pull off by cheating if he wants to.
Not gonna happen, no matter how much you scream and yell that it should. Treat it like any other bug, and play through it.

Edit: Wups, meant Averoth, not Thulsoma...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:14:31 AM by Indirik »
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #1833: March 27, 2013, 11:44:41 PM »
Without Mendicant and his wars, Rynn would not have become Prime Minister when he did, or reigned for as long as he has. Think on how much influence that alone has had. kthxbai.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834: March 28, 2013, 12:01:29 AM »
Without Mendicant and his wars, Rynn would not have become Prime Minister when he did, or reigned for as long as he has. Think on how much influence that alone has had. kthxbai.

Or how about all the alliances between 'Moot realm and SA realms? Almost all of those came AFTER the war with Aurvandil started. Actually, Terran had just finished FIGHTING an SA Theocracy when the war between Barca and Aurvandil broke out.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835: March 28, 2013, 12:50:09 AM »
ummm excuse me but Astrum exists to get its ass kicked by Asylon.  8)  8)  8)

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836: March 28, 2013, 01:32:42 AM »
So if you don't care... why are you here? You're just making yourself sound like more and more of an idiot. If you're weighing in simply to disagree or have your own super-edgy-totally-original opinion, you probably need something more exciting in life.

Have you seen the RCs in Aurvandil? They're incredible.
How condescending. I'm crushed. I'm abject, desolate, undone. I'm going to quit BM forever and cry. Your words, so powerful in their utmost perfection and wisdom, have shattered my feeble image of the world and proven to me my own ignorance. Oh the shame...

So, You're just posting to insult people now and make yourself sound idiotic? That's cool. No he's posting because that's what people do on a game forum... discuss the game.

Let me also say that in no way shape or form am I saying the players or characters of Aurvandil are victims here. The only thing we have lost is the founder of our realm.

Chenier, about what you said about glorifying the cheater: We aren't glorifying The man who plays Mendicant, we are glorifying the character who created our realm, and is now indisposed. It is RP, SMA rp at that, and in no way a reflection of the PLAYERS views of the other PLAYER.

Edit: agree with Anaris. Let's stop discussing anything about the OOC cheating in this thread or I am locking it and you guys can squabble somewhere else.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 01:35:09 AM by Lanyon »

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837: March 28, 2013, 01:38:39 AM »

So, You're just posting to insult people now and make yourself sound idiotic? That's cool. No he's posting because that's what people do on a game forum... discuss the game.

If he says "I've already stated my case on this issue, your attacks don't reveal any flaws in my reasoning nor bring up anything I might have overlooked, so I will simply refer you to my previous post." and  "I did not benefit or lose from this ordeal, nor am I particularly concerned. I am discussing this on a whim, if you must know. " then why is he discussing it? If Kwanstein wants to be condescending and arrogant instead of defending his points or shrugging and letting the frustrated be frustrated, why am I going to give him anything less than beautifully snarky remarks?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838: March 28, 2013, 01:47:27 AM »
Surprise for you, maybe, 'cause they all happened before Aurvandil seceded.
Aurvandil was most definitely in existence when Astrum was fighting against Averoth and Caerwyn. Candiels seceded two weeks after Caerwyn declared war. Rowan Geronus died two days after Caerwyn declared war, and my character Brance was elected ruler. Averoth died two months later, and Caerwyn three months after that. I distinctly remember Aurvandil's secession.

D'Hara funded realms with tens of thousands of gold in the past, and the results never were all that spectacular.
And yet you tried to blame the SA theocracies for the failure of the war against Aurvandil because we didn't give Terran tens of thousands of gold, even though you admit that the results of such an endeavor were never good.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839: March 28, 2013, 02:15:34 AM »
If he says "I've already stated my case on this issue, your attacks don't reveal any flaws in my reasoning nor bring up anything I might have overlooked, so I will simply refer you to my previous post." and  "I did not benefit or lose from this ordeal, nor am I particularly concerned. I am discussing this on a whim, if you must know. " then why is he discussing it? If Kwanstein wants to be condescending and arrogant instead of defending his points or shrugging and letting the frustrated be frustrated, why am I going to give him anything less than beautifully snarky remarks?

First you thought that I was being angry, now you think that I am being condescending and arrogant. The truth is that I am none of those things. You should not read so far into my words; they are meant to be taken plainly, not as projections of my emotions. As for referring Chenier and that other fellow to a prior post, that was done because the prior post was sufficient enough to answer everything that they brought up and I didn't feel like retyping it differently. It was meant to save time, basically. None may accuse me of wasting time.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840: March 28, 2013, 04:38:16 AM »
Chenier goes and plays on another world... I could only dream... :'(

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841: March 28, 2013, 04:43:56 AM »
We should exile the two of you, together, to the Colonies. You two can have a cage match, with only one coming out alive.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842: March 28, 2013, 05:06:37 AM »
We should exile the two of you, together, to the Colonies. You two can have a cage match, with only one coming out alive.

Two men enter, one man leaves...     been too long since I watched Mad Max!!!
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843: March 28, 2013, 05:13:05 AM »
Two men enter, one man leaves...     been too long since I watched Mad Max!!!

Yes. Please. Please.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844: March 28, 2013, 06:52:19 AM »
Haha!

And now Hireshmont has been arrested by Aurvandil.

This is going to get fun.