Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547293 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1920: April 02, 2013, 09:09:45 PM »
I'm glad Asylon so stalwartly resists the spread of SA into all corners. It's a breath of fresh air.

The Marrocidens seems like the perfect place for some Astroistic spinoff-religion to pop up, much like Catharism or Bogilism, considering all the convergent influence of SA, Triunism, and VE.

I think that is Allison's objective.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921: April 02, 2013, 09:59:33 PM »
We dont resist SA ,we resist Astrums influence and the government style of theocracy, we still have SA temples in Asylon, we welcome priests. We are not anti-SA. We are against Astrums reach in our region and we desire to be the power of the messociddens. We actually want us and the Farronites to be that power but they keep hanging out with those Moot losers instead of stepping up and casting off the shackles, fight for freedom of their realm to do what it wishes and have the Moot realms come to us as the new order in the west lands. No longer will we bow to outside influence, no longer will we fear what Astrum wants or who they desire to take our lands. We will decide our own future from now on without the Moot or Astrum to cow us and shale our chain... Freedom for the Messocidens! Since Caerwyn, since Kabrinskia,we have been under the boot. No more!
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922: April 02, 2013, 10:19:47 PM »
We dont resist SA ,we resist Astrums influence and the government style of theocracy, we still have SA temples in Asylon, we welcome priests. We are not anti-SA. We are against Astrums reach in our region and we desire to be the power of the messociddens. We actually want us and the Farronites to be that power but they keep hanging out with those Moot losers instead of stepping up and casting off the shackles, fight for freedom of their realm to do what it wishes and have the Moot realms come to us as the new order in the west lands. No longer will we bow to outside influence, no longer will we fear what Astrum wants or who they desire to take our lands. We will decide our own future from now on without the Moot or Astrum to cow us and shale our chain... Freedom for the Messocidens! Since Caerwyn, since Kabrinskia,we have been under the boot. No more!

You had me till you bad mouthed Caerwyn.

Go get 'em Astrum!

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923: April 02, 2013, 10:40:30 PM »
Caerwyn played its cards wrong when they isolated us and went all anti-SA on us. If they had of maintained good relations we would have marched with them. Around Asylon is the graveyard of nations who underestimated the kingdom of the Bear, the Raven and the Fox.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924: April 03, 2013, 02:48:30 AM »
Nice to see that your hallucinations are still going strong. I think I might come to miss them if you started acting rational. :D
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925: April 03, 2013, 04:08:41 AM »
Nice to see that your hallucinations are still going strong. I think I might come to miss them if you started acting rational. :D

I just thought you were tom because of the battlemaster logo.

Zakilevo

« Reply #1926: April 03, 2013, 04:09:57 AM »

Same here :o

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927: April 03, 2013, 04:28:08 AM »

This is a roleplaying game, if I wanted rational I'd play chess by myself in an enclosed box at the bottom of the ocean in the belly of a whale...  8)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928: April 03, 2013, 04:35:51 AM »
The fact that you're roleplaying doesn't mean that the character you are playing can't be rational, and make decisions/plans based on what's really happening in-game. If you try to keep your motivations more in line with what's really going on in-game, you may find yourself less frustrated (and less pissed off) by the actions of your fellow players. I'm sure everyone would appreciate that.

That doesn't mean you can't have fun. But maybe you can throw us off track, and maybe trip us all up every now and then, by doing/saying something that is understandable?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929: April 03, 2013, 05:06:55 AM »
The fact that you're roleplaying doesn't mean that the character you are playing can't be rational, and make decisions/plans based on what's really happening in-game. If you try to keep your motivations more in line with what's really going on in-game, you may find yourself less frustrated (and less pissed off) by the actions of your fellow players. I'm sure everyone would appreciate that.

That doesn't mean you can't have fun. But maybe you can throw us off track, and maybe trip us all up every now and then, by doing/saying something that is understandable?

I do that at work all day.  ;D

Regarding the plans and decisions based on whats happening ingame. My decisions and the decisions of my realm are whats happening in game. That is why we act like we do or did.  My motivations are are exactly what is in line with what is happening ingame because my character and realm survive where others flounder, cannot draw players, nor cooperate long term. Perhaps if my actions are not understandable it is those who do not understand that should try to understand. In a strategy game, for people to understand what you are doing would allow them to predict your actions, if someone cannot predict your actions they cannot beat you, if they cannot beat you they will have to adapt or be destroyed. If you can make your actions clear to those who follow you but befuddle those who oppose you, it doesn't matter that they cannot understand for they are the enemy.  8)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 05:12:47 AM by Glaumring »

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930: April 03, 2013, 05:07:50 AM »

Ditto. Indirik's been throwin me off all day.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931: April 03, 2013, 05:12:25 AM »
Ditto. Indirik's been throwin me off all day.
He is an admin now for the forums, so it comes with title/job.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932: April 03, 2013, 06:32:36 AM »
I do that at work all day.  ;D

Regarding the plans and decisions based on whats happening ingame. My decisions and the decisions of my realm are whats happening in game. That is why we act like we do or did.  My motivations are are exactly what is in line with what is happening ingame because my character and realm survive where others flounder, cannot draw players, nor cooperate long term. Perhaps if my actions are not understandable it is those who do not understand that should try to understand. In a strategy game, for people to understand what you are doing would allow them to predict your actions, if someone cannot predict your actions they cannot beat you, if they cannot beat you they will have to adapt or be destroyed. If you can make your actions clear to those who follow you but befuddle those who oppose you, it doesn't matter that they cannot understand for they are the enemy.  8)

Doesn't explaining this sort of negate anything you might be gaining from it?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933: April 03, 2013, 07:44:35 AM »
I'm glad Asylon so stalwartly resists the spread of SA into all corners. It's a breath of fresh air.

The Marrocidens seems like the perfect place for some Astroistic spinoff-religion to pop up, much like Catharism or Bogilism, considering all the convergent influence of SA, Triunism, and VE.

That would be fun. We need a good, dynamic religion in that part of the continent.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934: April 03, 2013, 07:46:56 AM »
That would be fun. We need a good, dynamic religion in that part of the continent.
Or you know...Orthodox Astroism (I am kinda neutral to it myself).
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton