Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547166 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1980: April 12, 2013, 03:32:26 PM »
I believe Chenier was saying Lurian nobles are more unscrupulous than those Aurvandil was allied with before.

Given that his statement about the Lurias was immediately following a statement about the gains Aurvandil got from cheating, I don't think mine is an unreasonable interpretation.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

egamma

« Reply #1981: April 12, 2013, 03:53:35 PM »
Love how Aurvandil was all like "we like small independant players, and Falkirk's totally independant", and now they are going to war with D'Hara and Fissoa because of Falkirk and are allying with the most imperialistic realm of all, not to mention the new top realm: Luria Nova.

As for those saying Aurvandil is crippled... the stats page show no significant change as far as characters and active characters go. Military strength waned, sure, but they had waned to even lower levels in January, and are already bouncing back up. So nope. Still there, still strong, still taking advantage of their illegitimate might to continue pressing on the neighboring realms they used their illegitimate might to cripple in the first place. Only difference is that they are siding with more unscrupulous people now.

The subject of both those paragraphs is Aurvandil, not Luria Nova. First paragraph states that Aurvandil has allied with Luria Nova and Falkirk. The second paragraph states that Aurvandil is still strong, and has yet another one of Chenier's rants about Aurvandil as a realm not getting punished for the actions of the multi.

Luria Nova is not accused of anything other than being the "new top realm". I don't see how that is a social contract violation.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982: April 12, 2013, 03:54:24 PM »
I believe Chenier was saying Lurian nobles are more unscrupulous than those Aurvandil was allied with before.

Historically, it is very difficult to tell whether Chénier is speaking about things as he perceives them to be IC, or OOC. Especially when it comes to the Lurian bogeyman. We could go back to bitching about the subject of this thread, though!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983: April 12, 2013, 03:55:08 PM »
The subject of both those paragraphs is Aurvandil, not Luria Nova. First paragraph states that Aurvandil has allied with Luria Nova and Falkirk. The second paragraph states that Aurvandil is still strong, and has yet another one of Chenier's rants about Aurvandil as a realm not getting punished for the actions of the multi.

Luria Nova is not accused of anything other than being the "new top realm". I don't see how that is a social contract violation.

Only difference is that they are siding with more unscrupulous people now.

They, Aurvandil, are siding with more unscrupulous people, Luria Nova.

I really, honestly can't see how that sentence could mean anything else.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

sharkattack

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984: April 12, 2013, 04:01:01 PM »
Aurvandil + Luria Nova vs CE + Tara. Who would win?

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985: April 12, 2013, 04:01:56 PM »
Aurvandil + Luria Nova vs CE - Tara. Who would win?

The Zuma... or D'hara, on because of military might the other on diplomatic wordsmithing.
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986: April 12, 2013, 09:37:28 PM »
So, Maroccidenian war.

Real quiet right now in Terran.

We're gonna try to TO Saffalore. Wish us luck.

Also: Aurvandil still hasn't responded to our surrender. We sit in awkward anxiousness.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987: April 12, 2013, 11:13:25 PM »
So, Maroccidenian war.

Asylon is refitting and preparing to head north to protect its border once again. Maybe this time we wont retreat when winter turn to spring, letting our enemies crush us beenth their heels as we get stuck in the mud from the insta-melting snow.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988: April 13, 2013, 12:01:30 AM »
Well the war is going to start backup it seems. Aurvandil demanded we give Saffalore back Odona after the lord defected and that we give back the regions on Madina Isle. The short version of Rynn's letter was !@#$ no/!@#$ you. Also, I find it incredibly hard to claim D'hara's current diplomacy being successful through its wordsmithing, as it seems much more like its successful simply through Rynn's personal relationships with others and less so of D'hara as a whole.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989: April 13, 2013, 12:16:55 AM »
Well the war is going to start backup it seems. Aurvandil demanded we give Saffalore back Odona after the lord defected and that we give back the regions on Madina Isle. The short version of Rynn's letter was !@#$ no/!@#$ you. Also, I find it incredibly hard to claim D'hara's current diplomacy being successful through its wordsmithing, as it seems much more like its successful simply through Rynn's personal relationships with others and less so of D'hara as a whole.

Well, Rynn is the only D'haran I (well, my char) really have had any contact with, and he is a pretty good wordsmith ;)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990: April 13, 2013, 08:36:20 AM »

Oh... NOOOWW D'Hara wants to fight Aurvandil. *facepalm*
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

sharkattack

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991: April 13, 2013, 09:30:52 AM »
I think we might see Paisly get steamrolled again  ::)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992: April 13, 2013, 10:09:02 AM »

Ikr?
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993: April 13, 2013, 01:56:22 PM »

We were fighting Falkirk so that, you know, Fissoa and Luria Nova may join in against Aurvandil too?

And we were fighting Aurvandil until our whole realm fell apart and we needed some time to get back on our feet...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #1994: April 13, 2013, 03:17:13 PM »
Status of D'Hara:

Laughing @ Alice
I know that feel, bro (told you so) @Fissoa
Where's your messiah now?! @ Aurvandil
sup guys, what'll you guys be up to in the next few months Wanna send your armies to come visit (defend) D'Hara? @ Farronite Republic, Corsanctum, Astrum, Swordfell, and Morek
thx 4 the sweet new coat n spear, Grimdawg! @ Asylon
wat r u doin?! @ Saffalore and Terran
umm, who are ya'll again? @ Phantaria & Niesalur

Oh, also Machiavel left VE for SA. have fun with that.

Did I leave anyone out?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"