Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547451 times)

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #105: October 12, 2012, 11:24:22 PM »
I really have a hard time believing this simplistic account of events.

Barca would have had a better chance of recovering and wouldn't have to becomes the daemons wipping boy.
You would have Paisly back by now and could focus on the lurians.
Terran wouldn't be facing Medicant's will or the gold sink that is this war.
If y'all hadn't attacked Aurvandil.

That's what I'm saying

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: October 12, 2012, 11:28:58 PM »
Also the Evanburg wiki page refers to Sarit as a Marquess. That made me LOL

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: October 12, 2012, 11:39:20 PM »
Barca would have had a better chance of recovering and wouldn't have to becomes the daemons wipping boy.
You would have Paisly back by now and could focus on the lurians.
Terran wouldn't be facing Medicant's will or the gold sink that is this war.
If y'all hadn't attacked Aurvandil.

That's what I'm saying

Let's get this straight, however: Aurvandil attacked and declared war on the 'moot. Aurvandil initiated the hostilities. Regardless of possibilities for peace or not, an attack on a member state is an attack on all member states, and our Treaty quite simply and publicly states so.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: October 13, 2012, 12:08:41 AM »
Let's get this straight, however: Aurvandil attacked and declared war on the 'moot. Aurvandil initiated the hostilities. Regardless of possibilities for peace or not, an attack on a member state is an attack on all member states, and our Treaty quite simply and publicly states so.

"We did attack you, but if you had not defended yourselves we might have achieved peace..." ::)
In other words: resistance is futile!
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: October 13, 2012, 12:13:53 AM »
Right, like:

"We didn't try to force Barca to change, we just told them they needed to adopt reforms by themselves."
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: October 13, 2012, 12:18:04 AM »
Well they did up reforming if that's any help. They are now daemon loving indigants with 4 or so non connecting territories

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: October 13, 2012, 12:54:49 AM »
Well they did up reforming if that's any help. They are now daemon loving indigants with 4 or so non connecting territories

And you still aren't happy.

Eesh, can't you ever make up your mind?

egamma

« Reply #112: October 13, 2012, 12:59:31 AM »
well if their federated allies had responded earlier, instead of waiting until barca and Aurvandil were in peace talks, to go and get themselves slaughtered then their would be no issue against either of you. But when you almost assure the destruction of your "ally" by attacking us, the "big bad" I think Barca would rather you not have "obliged" them.

If Barca's ruler had provided any indication whatsoever to Terran and D'Hara that they were making good progress with the peace talks, then we might not have declared war on Aurvandil. Barca's ruler--through inactivity or just a lack of communication--led Terran and D'Hara to assume that an Aurvandilian army was about to return to Rettleville and slaughter them; we had no reason to believe otherwise. We made the strategic choice to taunt Aurvanil into attacking our army in Maeotis in an effort to spare Barca.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: October 13, 2012, 04:42:57 AM »
Me and Hireshmont, together, were quite strong on communication. Appears that the same can't be said for our successors.

Barca tends to have communication problems, though. But we tend to love them anyway.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: October 13, 2012, 04:52:14 AM »
Well history is writen by the victors... So like... Once Aurvandil finishes the pest control they can just write whatever they like on here and it'll be right :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: October 13, 2012, 05:19:33 AM »
Well history is writen by the victors... So like... Once Aurvandil finishes the pest control they can just write whatever they like on here and it'll be right :)

Nah, we'll just write them off from history completely after SA comes to send them to kingdom come.

Removed Glaurmring quote at his request.

Which is why they chose to attack the least SA-aligned block on the continent, the 'moot.

Which, as a consequence, makes conversion to SA, just for the sake of payback, become incredibly more alluring.

Way to turn neutral parties into foes.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 06:15:42 AM by egamma »

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #116: October 13, 2012, 02:06:28 PM »
If we didn't have a united SA, we'd be dealing with an overpowered Thulsoma right now...

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: October 13, 2012, 02:51:28 PM »
Nah, we'll just write them off from history completely after SA comes to send them to kingdom come.
You doubt the power of chevaliers and long refits.

Which is why they chose to attack the least SA-aligned block on the continent, the 'moot.

Which, as a consequence, makes conversion to SA, just for the sake of payback, become incredibly more alluring.

Way to turn neutral parties into foes.

Pretty sure the Lurias are less SA aligned than the moot. I swear you guys are sore losers. Why can't you just join Aurvandil and take up the path of a chevalier. Medicant is an excellent baked and his cookies are the best I've ever tasted. They taste like victory and France

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: October 13, 2012, 03:06:24 PM »
Pot, meet kettle. I swear I can't hear your criticisms over Aurvandil's weird, manic desire to convince everyone they're the Good Guy.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: October 13, 2012, 03:10:57 PM »
Removed Glaumring quote at his request.

Pretty sure the Lurias are less SA aligned than the moot. I swear you guys are sore losers. Why can't you just join Aurvandil and take up the path of a chevalier. Medicant is an excellent baked and his cookies are the best I've ever tasted. They taste like victory and France

Riiiiiight. Never mind the fact the most of their rulers have been SA priests for some time, now, and that they've done multiple moves to woo SA.

There was some SA in D'Hara, but there was more VE. There was some SA in Terran, but last I checked there was about as much (if not more) Triunism. As for Barca, there was some VE, but there never seemed to be much of anything else.

VE was much stronger than SA and Triunism in the 'moot until the starvations, imo. VE has deteriorated over time, and with the massive starvations that cause temple financing to be quite strainful, but the only thing allowing SA priests to spread their influence in what used to be VE lands and making conversion to SA more alluring to non-faithful is Aurvandil.

In a world of great powers, when one of them backstabs you, you tend to want to seek the other great power's support.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 06:16:58 AM by egamma »