Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547394 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #210: October 18, 2012, 08:30:35 PM »
Why didn't this matter come up when The Falkirkian Freestate was made?

I didn't realize, until just now, that that is a similar thing.

Granted, I frequently have my character's units named "Perthian Guard" or some such. Hm...
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #211: October 18, 2012, 09:36:45 PM »
I'm excited to see who wins the first battle against SA( yes i know that it isn't a crusade but it's easier to refer to the collective whole this way). Hopefully I will be able to get more people in Aurvandil to RP because it will certainly be a great oppurtunity

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #212: October 19, 2012, 12:05:04 AM »
They wouldn't have named the duchy after the lord. That is explicitly disallowed right on the page where you rename the duchy. That would be like defending your inappropriate RL reference for your duchy name by saying "no, no, we didn't use an RL cultural reference, we broke the rules and named it after the lord!"

They wouldn't have? Oh really, now...

Also, it's fine for realms but not for duchies? Stupid, just stupid.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #213: October 19, 2012, 12:33:04 AM »
They wouldn't have? Oh really, now...

Also, it's fine for realms but not for duchies? Stupid, just stupid.

They wouldn't have, Aurvandil may be many things but breaking the rules in a way that is blatently undeniable... they're not stupid enough to give so much firepower to the haters.

and what... Do the dev team just make up rules using a dart board now...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #214: October 19, 2012, 12:38:55 AM »
They wouldn't have, Aurvandil may be many things but breaking the rules in a way that is blatently undeniable... they're not stupid enough to give so much firepower to the haters.

and what... Do the dev team just make up rules using a dart board now...

Blissfully ignoring the fact that it's a rule not to do so has not entered your mind?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #215: October 19, 2012, 01:02:44 AM »
Blissfully ignoring the fact that it's a rule not to do so has not entered your mind?

No, I tend not to paint bullseyes on my chest while my enemies are holding a rifle.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #216: October 19, 2012, 02:36:24 AM »
No, I tend not to paint bullseyes on my chest while my enemies are holding a rifle.

I renamed a duchy once, I didn't notice that rule. I wouldn't be surprised that, after seeing two realms on Dwilight be named after their founder, someone skims through these restrictions and names the duchy after a person.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #217: October 19, 2012, 02:41:02 AM »
Lol, we kind of had a duchy named after the family that held a claim on it, but that changed recently.

The Duchy of "The Courts of Stone" sounds much better than "The Duchy of Greyhold"

8)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218: October 19, 2012, 02:58:27 AM »
"The dev team" didn't make the rule.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #219: October 19, 2012, 04:16:53 AM »
For the record, I suggest that the Aurvandil in this war is genuinely not fighting SA. They are genuinely fighting a large and actually kinda awkward coalition of realms with divergent interest. I thus suggest that the belligerent powers should be termed "Orvandeux" (Falkirk/Aurvandil) and "Allies" (Moot, assorted Astroist realms.... Fissoa-maybe-ish?)
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #220: October 19, 2012, 04:33:07 AM »
For the record, I suggest that the Aurvandil in this war is genuinely not fighting SA. They are genuinely fighting a large and actually kinda awkward coalition of realms with divergent interest. I thus suggest that the belligerent powers should be termed "Orvandeux" (Falkirk/Aurvandil) and "Allies" (Moot, assorted Astroist realms.... Fissoa-maybe-ish?)

+1
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #221: October 19, 2012, 04:56:07 AM »
Just to clarify this for the 1000 times Falkirk is in no way shape or form in this war or an ally of Aurvandil. Their war with fissoa is a 100% completely different thing that does not involve chevaliers. This has been said by Mendicant both IC and OOC to me personally and yall a bunch.

Also, the reason I can and will continue to term that group as SA is because 4/5 SA realms are now allied with Terran and it's not really a mish mash of realms it's those 4 realms+ terran. Barca and D'Hara haven't even been seen since the battle of Maeotis

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #222: October 19, 2012, 05:24:18 AM »
Just to clarify this for the 1000 times Falkirk is in no way shape or form in this war or an ally of Aurvandil. Their war with fissoa is a 100% completely different thing that does not involve chevaliers. This has been said by Mendicant both IC and OOC to me personally and yall a bunch.

Also, the reason I can and will continue to term that group as SA is because 4/5 SA realms are now allied with Terran and it's not really a mish mash of realms it's those 4 realms+ terran. Barca and D'Hara haven't even been seen since the battle of Maeotis

You're free to view it as a unitary bloc if you wish. I promise you, it ain't. If it were a big bloc that generally worked as a unit, they'd a been marching south a looooooong time ago.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #223: October 19, 2012, 05:54:08 AM »
Ok ok so basically SA and their vassal realms, the moot...  ;D
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #224: October 19, 2012, 06:06:01 AM »
It's nice to have friends in war. I completely understand if that concept is misinterpreted in Asylon, however.