Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547216 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #225: October 19, 2012, 09:10:12 AM »
Ok ok so basically SA and their vassal realms, the moot...  ;D

Right, because we didn't just get done winning a war against an Astroist Theocracy or anything.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #226: October 19, 2012, 12:45:26 PM »
It's nice to have friends in war. I completely understand if that concept is misinterpreted in Asylon, however.

It's amusing how people are apalled by the fact that the 'moot members can sway others to fight wars with them.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227: October 19, 2012, 01:36:53 PM »
You're free to view it as a unitary bloc if you wish. I promise you, it ain't. If it were a big bloc that generally worked as a unit, they'd a been marching south a looooooong time ago.
Vellos gets to see, firsthand, how SA operates at the highest levels. Are you impressed, Vellos? Aren't we a model of efficiency and timeliness? ::)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #228: October 19, 2012, 03:31:34 PM »
Vellos gets to see, firsthand, how SA operates at the highest levels. Are you impressed, Vellos? Aren't we a model of efficiency and timeliness? ::)

After I bitched and complained on a daily basis for long enough, ya'll got moving with pleasing haste, actually.

Now just have to make sure all those cogs and gears stay well greased... it's a complicated machine, this juggernaught of ours.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #229: October 19, 2012, 05:07:06 PM »
Right, because we didn't just get done winning a war against an Astroist Theocracy or anything.

Aye, but we did it all by ourselves. Standing against Astrum and Kabrinskia and Corsanctum defenders. And we will continue to do so. We ally rarely and I would be hard pressed to form a federation with any nation at our current size. If Asylon had 10 nobles yes I would Ally/ federate but there is no really fun or good excuse for 20+ kingdoms to ally/ federate. Smaller kingdoms fighting between a few kingdoms is more fun than this current form of cluster!@#$ gameplay, gameplague. There is no pride to fight and die by your own words, its all to keep the order and protect corrupt and bloated power blocs. We will not support the zerg gameplay. We have purposeful limited alliance so that smaller kingdoms and the culture they bring the rp they bring has a chance to thrive. Currently it is black or white, big power blocs. Hopefully that will end soon or one day and kingdoms become prouder of their own culture and right.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #230: October 19, 2012, 06:59:41 PM »
Aye, but we did it all by ourselves. Standing against Astrum and Kabrinskia and Corsanctum defenders. And we will continue to do so. We ally rarely and I would be hard pressed to form a federation with any nation at our current size. If Asylon had 10 nobles yes I would Ally/ federate but there is no really fun or good excuse for 20+ kingdoms to ally/ federate. Smaller kingdoms fighting between a few kingdoms is more fun than this current form of cluster!@#$ gameplay, gameplague. There is no pride to fight and die by your own words, its all to keep the order and protect corrupt and bloated power blocs. We will not support the zerg gameplay. We have purposeful limited alliance so that smaller kingdoms and the culture they bring the rp they bring has a chance to thrive. Currently it is black or white, big power blocs. Hopefully that will end soon or one day and kingdoms become prouder of their own culture and right.

Uh.. you realize for all your talk about wanting small kingdoms and hating big realms blah blah that Asylon is the 3rd biggest realm on Dwilight, right? Bigger than every other realm except for Aurvandil and Morek? Bigger than Astrum that you criticize for being so huge all the time? Bigger than literally every single SA realm except for Morek?

How are the power blocs in anyway black and white? That's ridiculous. If anyone would have said 6 months ago that soon a bunch of SA realms were allied to some 'Moot realms they would have called you crazy. If anything, most people thought that the next major war coming was most likely to be SA v. the 'Moot. Despite your rhetoric, Dwilight is one of the most politically dynamic continents in the game.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #231: October 19, 2012, 07:03:43 PM »
How are the power blocs in anyway black and white? That's ridiculous. If anyone would have said 6 months ago that soon a bunch of SA realms were allied to some 'Moot realms they would have called you crazy. If anything, most people thought that the next major war coming was most likely to be SA v. the 'Moot. Despite your rhetoric, Dwilight is one of the most politically dynamic continents in the game.

I completely agree.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #232: October 19, 2012, 09:33:54 PM »

Uh.. you realize for all your talk about wanting small kingdoms and hating big realms blah blah that Asylon is the 3rd biggest realm on Dwilight, right? Bigger than every other realm except for Aurvandil and Morek? Bigger than Astrum that you criticize for being so huge all the time? Bigger than literally every single SA realm except for Morek?

Well how else do you smash large power blocks into small realms. Just because Glaum wants many small realms on dwilight doesn't mean that he should limit himself to single dutchy realms and city states while he achives that goal... Doing so would be absurdly stupid

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #233: October 19, 2012, 10:32:55 PM »
Well how else do you smash large power blocks into small realms. Just because Glaum wants many small realms on dwilight doesn't mean that he should limit himself to single dutchy realms and city states while he achives that goal... Doing so would be absurdly stupid

Right, because when one seeks smaller kingdoms, creating smaller kingdoms himself is an utterly ridiculous idea.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #234: October 19, 2012, 10:38:30 PM »
Right, because when one seeks smaller kingdoms, creating smaller kingdoms himself is an utterly ridiculous idea.

You realize asylon made a colony about a month ago right? If that isn't trying to create new realms idk what is.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #235: October 19, 2012, 11:24:59 PM »
You realize asylon made a colony about a month ago right? If that isn't trying to create new realms idk what is.

A colony that wasn't there when I left the game for a short while, and that wasn't there anymore when I came back.

I'm sure they put a lot of effort into that one. I think even the squatters in Port Nebel lasted longer than they did...

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #236: October 19, 2012, 11:31:27 PM »

Making small kingdoms when there are big kingdoms seems worse than making a big kingdom and trying to destroy the bigger kingdoms then make lots of smaller kingdoms

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #237: October 19, 2012, 11:42:48 PM »
So, it's all well and good when Auravandil and Asylon do it, but bad and harassment when SA and the 'moot do it?

Double standards are double, heh.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #238: October 20, 2012, 12:03:21 AM »
What are you talking about? Angroth starved and will rise again as a mini kingdom when the time is right. Asylon was formed in revolution and I always encouraged freedom of the duchies. And numerous times suggested the kingdom break into 3 seperate kingdoms. Since the game is moving towards larger and larger power blocs the only way to survive now adays is alliance federate with everyone. If I was insured that 5 permanently federated realms with a combined noble count triple that of Asylons with economies to boot were going to borg the whole map I'd push for more indepence of kingdoms. The same concept Aurvandiil has for its fronlines , advance and build kingdoms and let them fo what they want. More fun and dynamic.

Chances of rebels and disorder should be tweaked higher the further a region is from a capital to encourage kingdom growth.

And dont be so proud of how things have worked for the moot, oh wow not a few months ago SA was pushing to wipe out and now you are friends. You are friends because of fear, because without them you are dead. Its not a point of pride.

We live lives in beautiful lies...

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #239: October 20, 2012, 12:41:41 AM »
So, it's all well and good when Auravandil and Asylon do it, but bad and harassment when SA and the 'moot do it?

Double standards are double, heh.

What are you even blabbering on about?