Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547270 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #270: October 20, 2012, 08:46:48 PM »
Of course it will, we/ they are non-theocracies.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #271: October 20, 2012, 10:03:06 PM »
We? last I heard y'all are staying neutral, and if you think SA is actually going to give you Paisly back IF they can take it from us, well i guess you're more naive than I would have guess. Liberate it for you. wow.... OH yes! let's help non-astroist realms that we have warred with before and used to be one of our biggest rivals before getting ROFLSTOMPED by the enemy we're fighting. yea sounds JUST like SA.

It's not because you have no friends and influence that we don't either. D'Hara will have the duchy of Paisly back, whether Aurvandil wants it or not, one way or another. The more Aurvandil waits, the more D'Harans are pissed off about the squatters in their regions.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #272: October 20, 2012, 10:09:08 PM »
It's not because you have no friends and influence that we don't either. D'Hara will have the duchy of Paisly back, whether Aurvandil wants it or not, one way or another. The more Aurvandil waits, the more D'Harans are pissed off about the squatters in their regions.

I don't see Dhara surviving with the current political clime. Sad, but true.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #273: October 20, 2012, 10:13:34 PM »
I don't see Dhara surviving with the current political clime. Sad, but true.

Because of the pathetic Lurian imperialists?

With the northerners coming against Aurvandil, I feel quite confident. For as long as we remain alone against the Lurias, I can see the battles going both ways, but I do not see the possibility of things going really bad, should they go bad.

If Lurians try to sail to D'Hara, we'll just laugh at them when they try to go back home. We've got harbors on the isles and on the continent, they don't. Any attack on our core isles would be extremely costly for the Lurias.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #274: October 20, 2012, 10:17:50 PM »
Because of the pathetic Lurian imperialists?

With the northerners coming against Aurvandil, I feel quite confident. For as long as we remain alone against the Lurias, I can see the battles going both ways, but I do not see the possibility of things going really bad, should they go bad.

If Lurians try to sail to D'Hara, we'll just laugh at them when they try to go back home. We've got harbors on the isles and on the continent, they don't. Any attack on our core isles would be extremely costly for the Lurias.

Well, that was unnecessarily rude. Pathetic? We could sit here all day calling you D'Harans names too, but on the forum don't you think that's pretty childish?

Cost isn't an issue for Luria. Reclaiming historical lands is. Even Morek recognizes the claim of Luria. You might want to rethink your undeserved superiority complex Chénier.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #275: October 20, 2012, 10:26:19 PM »
Well, that was unnecessarily rude. Pathetic? We could sit here all day calling you D'Harans names too, but on the forum don't you think that's pretty childish?

Cost isn't an issue for Luria. Reclaiming historical lands is. Even Morek recognizes the claim of Luria. You might want to rethink your undeserved superiority complex Chénier.

I'd have expected the Lurias to steamroll us. So compared to my expectations, it is kinda pathetic. I mean, seriously, the Lurian attacks I've seen involved a handful of their nobles at most... even the smallest of realms could have managed better. I still have no understanding whatsoever how these two realms have managed to do so poorly for so long. Pathetic is a very strong word, but with D'Hara's starvation, its other war, and the element of surprise, I can't understand why the Lurias haven't TOed all of Sallowcape by now.

Also, reclaiming historical lands is bullocks. The Lurias never owned that land. On top of that, Solaria and Luria Nova had both agreed with Machiavel that the Lurias ended east of the Desert of Silhouettes.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 10:31:48 PM by Chénier »

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #276: October 20, 2012, 10:34:04 PM »
If Luria were truly united as opposed to the fractious collective of individuals that it is, the initial assaults would have gone far better.

That's why there is a formal treaty in place between solaria and morek where all of Lower Toprak belongs to Luria, right? Because its bullocks? Your denial worries me.

You can try to manipulate the facts into making yourself look more important, but the fact remains that it is a legitimate Cassus Belli.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #277: October 20, 2012, 10:34:23 PM »
I own the isles, been there since Melodia, Shadovar and later D'Hara. My claim is the strongest ever  8)
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #278: October 20, 2012, 10:40:51 PM »
If Luria were truly united as opposed to the fractious collective of individuals that it is, the initial assaults would have gone far better.

That's why there is a formal treaty in place between solaria and morek where all of Lower Toprak belongs to Luria, right? Because its bullocks? Your denial worries me.

You can try to manipulate the facts into making yourself look more important, but the fact remains that it is a legitimate Cassus Belli.

So they signed a contradictory agreement with Morek. So what? They still conceded that land to D'Hara, and broke their word to us. We aren't going to forget that just because, for some unknown reason, Morek agreed to "recognize" your claim on regions that were flying our flag and had never belonged to the Lurias.

And you'd think that if the regions had mattered that much to the Lurias back then, and that they hadn't come to such an agreement with Machiavel, they'd have complained more on the ruler channel about our expansion into that territory, no?

Had D'Haran suspected the Lurias' fighting capacity to be what it has shown to be, we'd have invaded you long ago, just to teach you a lesson for your constant unwarranted threats.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #279: October 20, 2012, 10:46:02 PM »
So they signed a contradictory agreement with Morek. So what? They still conceded that land to D'Hara, and broke their word to us. We aren't going to forget that just because, for some unknown reason, Morek agreed to "recognize" your claim on regions that were flying our flag and had never belonged to the Lurias.

And you'd think that if the regions had mattered that much to the Lurias back then, and that they hadn't come to such an agreement with Machiavel, they'd have complained more on the ruler channel about our expansion into that territory, no?

Had D'Haran suspected the Lurias' fighting capacity to be what it has shown to be, we'd have invaded you long ago, just to teach you a lesson for your constant unwarranted threats.

Lol. Keep telling yourself whatever you want that makes you feel better.

Unwarranted threats? Since I rejoined the game in february, we sold you food at a decent rate and then listened to you make grumblings about invading us. And you can play the hindsight game all you want. The past is the past. Current evolutions of political climates are all that matter.

Lose the chip on your shoulder Chénier. Seriously.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #280: October 20, 2012, 10:56:38 PM »
The Morek Empire, the Kingdom of Pian en Luries and the realm of Solaria declare herewith their friendship. The signatory realms recognize that each other's area of influence extend in their traditional lands, that is Southern Toprak, including Sallowsite cape and the Divide Mountains, as well as Tranquil, for the lurian powers of Pian en Luries and Solaria, and Northern Toprak, including the Forests north of Nyuushi and the Flow peninsula for the Morek Empire, and will respect their respective primacy on these areas.

Timeline
This treaty was created on 2011-12-24.
It was last updated on 2011-12-30.
Current Signatories
Morek Empire (signed)
Solaria (signed)
----------

Notice, Sevastian didn't draft it. He didn't even exist at the time. So whatever Machiavel might have done and said obviously wasnt that important to anyone but him.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #281: October 20, 2012, 11:00:20 PM »
Lol. Keep telling yourself whatever you want that makes you feel better.

Unwarranted threats? Since I rejoined the game in february, we sold you food at a decent rate and then listened to you make grumblings about invading us. And you can play the hindsight game all you want. The past is the past. Current evolutions of political climates are all that matter.

Lose the chip on your shoulder Chénier. Seriously.

Keep telling myself what?

If you mean the border agreement, you can be sure my character's going to be pushing that a lot. It makes the Lurias agreement-breakers, why wouldn't he? He has nothing to lose by doing so, much to gain.

So, since febuary, you hear rumblings of D'Harans being tired of Lurian imperialism..? Poor you, we've only been hearing Lurian rumblings of lurian invasion since 2008.

Solaria agreed to sell some food, but were unfriendly trading partners. The rest of the Lurias never wanted to trade with us... Heck, they barely replied to any of our missives, didn't even want to sign formal peace. The rare times Luria Nova replied, the discussions were short-lived, lasted a few exchanges at most.

For four years, D'Harans have struggled to prevent invasion from the Lurias, sometimes making hard concessions to other powers for their protection. I think a D'Haran-Lurian was in order. It was about time.

(treaty)
Notice, Sevastian didn't draft it. He didn't even exist at the time. So whatever Machiavel might have done and said obviously wasnt that important to anyone but him.

I'm quite aware of that. The Lurians don't care to keep their words, and the others didn't know about it. However, the D'Haran-Lurian agreement will be made known.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #282: October 20, 2012, 11:10:03 PM »
* Woelfy shrugs.

A D'Haran-Lurian agreement that no one has ever heard of outside of you trying to press it into people's heads will not garner support.

This conversation is going nowhere and is tangentizing off of the topic. Good luck in the war and with whatever claims you think you have.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #283: October 21, 2012, 12:02:18 AM »
* Woelfy shrugs.

A D'Haran-Lurian agreement that no one has ever heard of outside of you trying to press it into people's heads will not garner support.

This conversation is going nowhere and is tangentizing off of the topic. Good luck in the war and with whatever claims you think you have.

Time will tell.

As the saying goes, however, "the victors write history". What may have been unknown to most and ignored by the others will recognized continentally, in the end, if D'Hara wins. 'Cause no one's gonna care to uphold Luria's "claim" to these region if they get defeated. The Lurias have no friends, just enemies and uncaring neighbors.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #284: October 21, 2012, 12:05:03 AM »
The Lurias have no friends, just enemies and uncaring neighbors.

Quite possibly the most ignorant sentence ever posted.

Your delusions are entertaining.