Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547412 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #300: October 21, 2012, 06:53:56 AM »
What the f*** is it with you guys and getting personally insulting on the forums? Do you guys not have anything better to do? Or is it just that you guys enjoy bashing anyone who doesn't fall immediately in line with whatever line of 'thought' you put forward?

Most ironic statement of the century?

Most ironic statement of the century.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #301: October 21, 2012, 01:42:20 PM »
I expect to see battles on par with the original war islands.

I doubt there will be many battles. I can't even imagine how much gold the SA nobles are paying to get to Aurvandil and then how long it'll take for them to get home again.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #302: October 21, 2012, 03:21:41 PM »
I doubt there will be many battles. I can't even imagine how much gold the SA nobles are paying to get to Aurvandil and then how long it'll take for them to get home again.

Well with the new sea routes it only takes 4 days travel for morek to get there. so just over a week for a refit if everyone moves when they are supposed to. so not too bad and the kcost is minimal (about the same as coming from astrum on the old sea routes)

I would imagine that astrum could get there in 2 1/2 days so they would have less than a week refit time (faster than the old sea routes)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 03:25:00 PM by Kellaine »
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #303: October 21, 2012, 03:59:53 PM »
Or perhaps SA just wants to ruckus Aurvandil and keep them from expanding.  I wouldn't chalk it up to influence.

SA didn't just move on its own. Had the 'moot not sought help, it wouldn't have gotten any.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #304: October 21, 2012, 04:25:41 PM »
Well with the new sea routes it only takes 4 days travel for morek to get there. so just over a week for a refit if everyone moves when they are supposed to. so not too bad and the kcost is minimal (about the same as coming from astrum on the old sea routes)

I would imagine that astrum could get there in 2 1/2 days so they would have less than a week refit time (faster than the old sea routes)

How are they getting back?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #305: October 21, 2012, 04:33:09 PM »

Why would coming back be any more difficult? It's not like Terran doesn't have any harbors for them to use.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #306: October 21, 2012, 04:33:41 PM »

The same way they got there I assume.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #307: October 21, 2012, 06:24:58 PM »
Why would coming back be any more difficult? It's not like Terran doesn't have any harbors for them to use.

Terran is a pretty long walk and they're paying for more travel on the way back... This will be positively bankrupting war for them

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308: October 21, 2012, 06:28:40 PM »
Bankrupting? You must be joking...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #309: October 21, 2012, 06:37:45 PM »
That's like saying Darka isn't rich...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #310: October 21, 2012, 06:37:55 PM »
Terran is a pretty long walk and they're paying for more travel on the way back... This will be positively bankrupting war for them

Terran's not a long walk from Aurvandil.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #311: October 21, 2012, 06:39:36 PM »
Money isn't the problem, my character is glad he can spend it on something finally. Problem is the nasty mercenary setting bug.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #312: October 21, 2012, 07:33:07 PM »
If this war is going to "bankrupt" the SA realms seems to be all of you all should thanking the Véinsørmoot for getting them involved, right?  ;)

However, I highly doubt it will bankrupt them. It will surely cost them some money, but it isn't like they are fighting a normal border war where you would have to pay for the rebuilding of regions, deal with enemy looting, etc.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Zakilevo

« Reply #313: October 21, 2012, 07:37:37 PM »
If this war is going to "bankrupt" the SA realms seems to be all of you all should thanking the Véinsørmoot for getting them involved, right?  ;)

However, I highly doubt it will bankrupt them. It will surely cost them some money, but it isn't like they are fighting a normal border war where you would have to pay for the rebuilding of regions, deal with enemy looting, etc.

Also, they've been stockpiling gold for how many weeks now?...

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #314: October 21, 2012, 07:56:06 PM »
So let's divide each of the sides into strengths and weaknesses.

Aurvandil:
Better single realm army
From what I hear, better general
on defense
only uses gold for military
Doesn't have far to refit
winning streak

The Theocracies+Terran
Gold lots of gold
Bigger total army
can invade from pretty much anywhere
more total nobles