Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 546609 times)

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #510: October 27, 2012, 07:24:25 PM »
A bit akward... "FAITHFUL, RISE AGAINST THE USURPERS OF PAISLY, RID US OF FLORENCE!" Faithful go to torch her estates, invading forces go all "Noooo! Don't burn Florence's estates! Die crazy mob! Let's arrest that priest and hand him over to the authorities we are trying to destroy!"

Shoulda gotten a Mob raising licence...

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #511: October 27, 2012, 08:01:26 PM »
That is certainly one possible way of running your characters. Brance, however, is a builder. He creates things and nurtures them to make them grow. He's not so much nationalistic as he is religious. He is devoted to spreading the faith of the Bloodstars across the entire island. I just wish I had more time to devote to actually doing it. :(
Really with I had time to devote to Elsebeth . . . well, maybe she will wake up from her coma someday.

Speaking of which, I should actually write her final RP and pause her.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #512: October 29, 2012, 05:34:18 PM »
Please, somebody, anybody change the topic. You guys can continue this conversation in a BACKGROUND thread, I just want to hear about the war...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513: October 29, 2012, 05:35:42 PM »
How is that Florencia Provencia Whatever holding out? Who is running the TO?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #514: October 29, 2012, 05:45:54 PM »
Thread split. Auto da fe stuff moved to a new topic in the general forums.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #515: October 30, 2012, 02:55:11 AM »
How is that Florencia Provencia Whatever holding out? Who is running the TO?

Yea? I'm in prison, and it's bugged, preventing me from checking my messages or paying the ransom.

Someone gimme some info!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #516: October 30, 2012, 03:02:24 AM »
All I know is that they have Paisly and Paisland. Paisly is under TO, but I don't know who is doing it. Astrum forces are there. There are occasional battles, and some skirmishes.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #517: October 30, 2012, 03:04:12 AM »
All I know is that they have Paisly and Paisland. Paisly is under TO, but I don't know who is doing it. Astrum forces are there. There are occasional battles, and some skirmishes.

Morek's doing the TO. I saw 5% progress, then 8%, then 5% again I think, before I failed an auto da fe.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #518: October 30, 2012, 03:21:28 AM »
Morek's failed. Corsanctum started, but I'm not sure they're putting much effort into it.

Last I saw Terran was well on the way to TOing Paisland. If Provincia gets an army we'll walk back in and stomp them again– but starvation will handle them eventually. Then Chenier can RTO it to his heart's content and them narsty soldiers won't arrest him.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #519: October 30, 2012, 12:05:16 PM »
Morek's failed. Corsanctum started, but I'm not sure they're putting much effort into it.

Last I saw Terran was well on the way to TOing Paisland. If Provincia gets an army we'll walk back in and stomp them again– but starvation will handle them eventually. Then Chenier can RTO it to his heart's content and them narsty soldiers won't arrest him.

Hehe.

Only if control is at province or lower, though. Else Paisly'd have been mine loooong ago.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #520: October 30, 2012, 02:53:27 PM »
How is Aurvandil doing lately? It has been some time since I heard of a mayor battle, and in the mean time their northern regions keep revolting one after the other.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

MediumTedium

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #521: October 30, 2012, 03:19:05 PM »
Well war could be considered over the second all regions including capital revolted, i doubt we can pull something of...
"If you find you are falling into madness - dive."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #522: October 30, 2012, 04:48:38 PM »
Aurvandil didn't lose their capital. At least, I don't remember seeing any notification that they took it back yet.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #523: October 30, 2012, 04:50:15 PM »
Maybe he means the reports on peasants revolting and expressing their views or something like that, not the region actually denouncing their allegiance to Aurvandil, because that doesn't seem to have happened.

Anyway, I hope for Aurvandil all their regions are now at a 5% tax rate.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 04:52:32 PM by Telrunya »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #524: October 30, 2012, 04:58:01 PM »
Hrmm... I suppose you're right. Well, they have plenty of chances to recover from this, as long as they manage to keep the capital itself from going rogue. It's not like someone can take advantage of this by an invasion. Terran is probably the only one that would be in a position to do it, but I doubt they could do anything about it right now.