Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547204 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #525: October 30, 2012, 08:28:56 PM »
Evil florentine squatters tortured Machiavel... Never even told me a word. :(
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #526: October 30, 2012, 10:47:44 PM »
Hrmm... I suppose you're right. Well, they have plenty of chances to recover from this, as long as they manage to keep the capital itself from going rogue. It's not like someone can take advantage of this by an invasion. Terran is probably the only one that would be in a position to do it, but I doubt they could do anything about it right now.

D'hara could invade! Try and type that with a straight face. Even if Luria weren't invading, try and say it with a straight face.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #527: October 30, 2012, 11:43:09 PM »
D'hara could invade! Try and type that with a straight face. Even if Luria weren't invading, try and say it with a straight face.

With 3 nobles and no gold, why not? It'd be just like reclaiming a rogue region.

Except that this one was fed and it loves us, as opposed to starving regions that hate us and that don't have lords until the eternal referendums end.

Yea, I know, we coulda handled those better...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #528: October 30, 2012, 11:53:53 PM »
With 3 nobles and no gold, why not? It'd be just like reclaiming a rogue region.

Except that this one was fed and it loves us, as opposed to starving regions that hate us and that don't have lords until the eternal referendums end.

Yea, I know, we coulda handled those better...

Aurvandil, not the Provincia.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #529: October 31, 2012, 12:02:42 AM »
Aurvandil, not the Provincia.

Oh.

Haha, best not do so.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #530: October 31, 2012, 03:50:27 AM »
Personally I think with the judge being stricter by imposing fines for military disobedience we could see D'hara improving militarily. Invade Aurvandil single handedly, yeah that's pretty laughable but coordinating with Terran to invade, if the fines started getting done, maybe after some strict discipline got done. D'harans still haven't really gotten used to following orders immediately IMO, which sounds stupid but we have been in peace for so long getting to do whatever we want, whenever we want basically that following military orders do get done, just very slowly.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #531: October 31, 2012, 05:15:40 AM »
Personally I think with the judge being stricter by imposing fines for military disobedience we could see D'hara improving militarily. Invade Aurvandil single handedly, yeah that's pretty laughable but coordinating with Terran to invade, if the fines started getting done, maybe after some strict discipline got done. D'harans still haven't really gotten used to following orders immediately IMO, which sounds stupid but we have been in peace for so long getting to do whatever we want, whenever we want basically that following military orders do get done, just very slowly.

Reason 146 why Terran made a policy of marching off on military expeditions once a year or so.

Of course, it didn't help us that much: only the urgency of this present war has really gotten our armies moving.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #532: October 31, 2012, 12:05:40 PM »
Reason 146 why Terran made a policy of marching off on military expeditions once a year or so.

Of course, it didn't help us that much: only the urgency of this present war has really gotten our armies moving.

Nobles leading troops are nobles not trading.

Reason number 1 why D'Hara has avoided war as much as it could.

Number 2 is: Realms at war usually don't want to trade with you.

Number 3: Realms at war usually don't let your traders pass through to reach other markets.

Oh yea, not to mention that there's no scouting over sea routes and that armies can come from anywhere.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #533: November 14, 2012, 09:57:54 PM »
So, back on topic, the Astromoot (I had to! BAHAHA!) just took Paisly.

Epic RP tiems to be had! Alura badly injured, her infantry unit decimated, delirious on the fortress battlements, pre-empting the history-making RP that is about to occur.

Fun, fun, fun! Poked at Florence to RP too, I want some widespread FUN to be had from this siege before we go back to the boring rough&tumble hit-and-runs.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #534: November 16, 2012, 03:21:49 AM »
Where has Aurvandil been? Are they still  recovering from diplomacy issue? And whatever happened to Asylon protecting the neutrality of Provencia?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #535: November 16, 2012, 03:50:39 AM »
We are just chilling currently. It's Brovandil up in here we are broing it up left right and center.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #536: November 16, 2012, 05:43:18 AM »
We are just chilling currently. It's Brovandil up in here we are broing it up left right and center.
No drive to help out Provencia so they can preserve their neutrality?
― G.K. Chesterton

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #537: November 16, 2012, 06:42:37 AM »
nuetrality would be coded out if we tried to save it :P

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #538: November 16, 2012, 07:07:16 AM »
nuetrality would be coded out if we tried to save it :P
true I guess. Do you know what happened to Asylon helping preserve neutrality ? It seems Aurvandil really does hate me, I don't want them to attack us and they fight, now I wish they would attack and no battle. ( I really need one more prestige point.)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 07:09:24 AM by Penchant »
― G.K. Chesterton

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #539: November 16, 2012, 10:22:03 AM »

My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed some of my brain cells, prepare to die.