Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547502 times)

Collingwood

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #555: November 18, 2012, 05:56:25 PM »
Trust is quite fluid when it comes to all out war.  more the merrier pick a side and kick some hide

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #556: November 18, 2012, 06:30:00 PM »
Kabrinskia is not quite dead.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #557: November 18, 2012, 06:54:46 PM »
Asylon hasnt done anything to make anyone think we support Aurvandiil beyond mentioning it on these forums.

Asylon's only alliances are with the colonies of Aurvandil. Isn't that IC enough?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558: November 18, 2012, 07:09:39 PM »
Stop bringing IC reality into this OOC conversation! ;)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #559: November 18, 2012, 07:13:31 PM »
Why would supporting a colony and opposing a gank of kingdoms on a weaker foe make us cohorts with Aurvandiil? Glaumring was born in Port Raviel during the kingdom Melodia. If there is a kingdom that doesnt belong in Paisly it would have to be the new comer D'Harans.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #560: November 18, 2012, 07:33:58 PM »
The "new comer D'Harans" are bad, but the newer new comer Provincia people are OK?

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #561: November 18, 2012, 08:04:08 PM »
Indirik, your version of Dwilight history is SA. The rest of us have our own histories that are just as important and complex as your own history. What right does D'Hara have to a city that has been owned by five other kingdoms in its history? Madinans, Melodians, Shadovaran, D'Haran and Provencia. Its importance is pertinent to who holds it important and the situations in Dwilight have nothing to do with black and white solutions. If we ran the world like a train, a machine a click what importance do the passions of its nobility have in the grand scheme of things.

I strive to create drama, I strive to create situations both beneficial and a bane to my character. I know most of you strive for safety and predictable outcomes. I see a greek tragedy where you see a boardgame.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #562: November 18, 2012, 08:09:46 PM »
Kabrinskia...dead and irrelevant

Don't count us out quite yet.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #563: November 18, 2012, 10:12:55 PM »
What right does D'Hara have to a city that has been owned by five other kingdoms in its history?
So you think that only the very first realm to own a city has any right to it? So what right do the newcomer Asylonians have to the city of Via? Or Itau?

I'm just trying to make sense of the things you're saying. That's really hard to do when so much of what you're saying is internally inconsistent.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #564: November 18, 2012, 10:34:20 PM »
Being consistant is boring...

Indirik your way of seeing things is only one way. Its not the only way. We support the new colony because if the whole map is SA Dwilight will become very dull and probably lose a lot of players out of boredom and if Dwilight is made of only a few power groups new players will lose interest. We want new faces in power, and creating different dynamics on Dwilight. You want a bunch of kingdoms surrounding you that are all the same, we want to be surrounded by difference. We are proud to be free.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 10:41:33 PM by Glaumring »

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #565: November 18, 2012, 11:15:27 PM »
Well, I'm just a newcomer but I've followed with interest this topic. My opinion probably worth less than the time you spend reading it, but hey, talk is cheap and I would like to give it a try  ;D

Of course realms come and go and the regions they owned change of rulers, but D'Hara was (I don't know for how long) ruler of Paisly until the new colony was founded. They're in their right to fight to get it back, as any other realm has the right to support or fight this decision.

It's also my opinion that the more different realms there are, the more fun and diversity we can enjoy. But as I've read, Asylon has supported the Province for the sake of this diversity while it has become a huge hegemony in Dwilight. Something is missing here  ::)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #566: November 18, 2012, 11:37:34 PM »
Indirik, your version of Dwilight history is SA. The rest of us have our own histories that are just as important and complex as your own history. What right does D'Hara have to a city that has been owned by five other kingdoms in its history? Madinans, Melodians, Shadovaran, D'Haran and Provencia. Its importance is pertinent to who holds it important and the situations in Dwilight have nothing to do with black and white solutions. If we ran the world like a train, a machine a click what importance do the passions of its nobility have in the grand scheme of things.

I strive to create drama, I strive to create situations both beneficial and a bane to my character. I know most of you strive for safety and predictable outcomes. I see a greek tragedy where you see a boardgame.

Madinians... Dead. And they approved our claim to Paisly before biting the dust, btw.

Melodia... Dead. Folded back into Madina. Who recognized our claim to Paisly.

Shadovar... Dead. Folded into D'Hara. D'Hara is the continuation of Shadovar....

Your argument is rather weak.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #567: November 18, 2012, 11:49:20 PM »
Being consistant is boring...

Indirik your way of seeing things is only one way. Its not the only way. We support the new colony because if the whole map is SA Dwilight will become very dull and probably lose a lot of players out of boredom and if Dwilight is made of only a few power groups new players will lose interest. We want new faces in power, and creating different dynamics on Dwilight. You want a bunch of kingdoms surrounding you that are all the same, we want to be surrounded by difference. We are proud to be free.

Right. Because splitting apart a bloc (the 'moot) is such an excellent way to weaken another (the theocracies). Totally sound reasoning.

And I'm still unable to grasp whether anyone in Asylon or Aurvandil seriously expected the 'moot to just say "Oh, sure, it's all fine, keep our lands". D'Hara had made it extremely clear it would reclaim its lands one way or another.

And if you, the second-largest realm on the continent I believe, really want to support diversity, then why the hell don't you actually do something about it. You could either break up yourselves, or act on your words.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #568: November 19, 2012, 12:05:58 AM »
Well, I'm just a newcomer but I've followed with interest this topic. My opinion probably worth less than the time you spend reading it, but hey, talk is cheap and I would like to give it a try  ;D

Of course realms come and go and the regions they owned change of rulers, but D'Hara was (I don't know for how long) ruler of Paisly until the new colony was founded. They're in their right to fight to get it back, as any other realm has the right to support or fight this decision.

It's also my opinion that the more different realms there are, the more fun and diversity we can enjoy. But as I've read, Asylon has supported the Province for the sake of this diversity while it has become a huge hegemony in Dwilight. Something is missing here  ::)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hegemony

Asylon is not a huge hegemony... It is not even a hegemony.

Im not going to say anything anymore I sense the sharks are going to come out and argue with everything I say for the next few pages...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 12:09:00 AM by Glaumring »

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #569: November 19, 2012, 12:15:39 AM »
And if you, the second-largest realm on the continent I believe, really want to support diversity, then why the hell don't you actually do something about it. You could either break up yourselves, or act on your words.

Because both IC-wise and OOC-wise the Dukes of Asylon belive that once we split up in our seperate kingdoms, Astrum or Kabrinskia(well not anymore) will come marching in and start forcing us to worship their stars. At the moment we will remain united.
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.