Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547168 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #585: November 19, 2012, 04:33:01 AM »
There are so many spies you will never find them all...

Anaris, you dont have to believe what I say. The truth will eventually get out on its own and in a few months or years, doesnt matter I will be vindicated.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586: November 19, 2012, 04:38:43 AM »
You're right, we won't. We're not even really trying. What's the point? Kick one out, they'll just plant another.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #587: November 19, 2012, 04:47:03 AM »
What makes you think its some outside force? Its not... Its the very core, your brother, your sister... Your entire family.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #588: November 19, 2012, 04:51:20 AM »
Anaris, you dont have to believe what I say. The truth will eventually get out on its own and in a few months or years, doesnt matter I will be vindicated.

See, this is the kind of thing that makes you sound like a nutcase, and ensures that no one but those already devoted to you believes a word you say.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #589: November 19, 2012, 05:04:37 AM »
See, this is the kind of thing that makes you sound like a nutcase, and ensures that no one but those already devoted to you believes a word you say.
+1, especially when his truth is that he knows other people's thoughts and opinions and the actual people are just lying. Which is what he is saying for Terran, and Vellos specifically.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #590: November 19, 2012, 05:05:31 AM »
lol, just having fun. Lighten up... Or maybe watch your back. 8)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #591: November 19, 2012, 05:10:39 AM »
So many people plot for the exact same amount of lands in Dwilight that no matter what someone does in game, that there are repercussions and conflict in game. It's fun for everyone, so I say plot on, just don't get too set in your plots... Keep adapting to the situation. :D

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #592: November 19, 2012, 05:43:59 AM »
Asylon doesnt even know why Terran stopped being friendly.

Probably it had to do with flip flopping during the Terran-Kabrinskia war.

No it wasn't that it was something else.

No. That is literally exactly why. There is literally nothing else.

You act like we haven't had extended arguments about it at least 3 or 4 times on here.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #593: November 19, 2012, 07:11:27 AM »
We will disagree on the things that happened. The fact is two things did happen and none of us know which it was. So we can argue forever about it. You don't know Glaumring ingame, many of you only know me from the forums. Im the bad guy that had built a kingdom from dust in Storms keep and took a handful of nobles to Asylon, lead a revolt and built a very successful kingdom with the same loyal nobles of old Thulsoma. You can use crazy or insane to diminish my character , my being I only see fear when its said fear that one day I will come and do to your kingdom that I did for Asylon, to come in like a whirlwind my sword thirsty and my eyes rolling in my head and in your throne room send you crashing to the ground, the wolf at the gates, the fox in the pantry, the crow at the window. Aye, there will be a time when Glaumring the Apasurain comes to collect and he will know your name! Huzzah!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #594: November 19, 2012, 01:09:10 PM »
I remember not long ago Aurvandiil and D'Hara were buddy buddy and it wasnt until Aurvandiil attacked Barca that your opinions so drastically changed about Aurvandiil. I remember, you can deny but things used to be very different indeed.

Yea, well, breaking treaties to backstab one's federated friends can have this impact on people. Though Mendicant was always rather annoying to deal with, it was correctly predicted that the Lurias would strike at us whenever they got the chance to, and it was desired to have Aurvandil on our side rather than against us. I fail to see your point. We never loved Aurvandil, I just just praising them and giving them gifts IG in order to try my best to prevent them from attacking Barca, which they decided to do anyways. Some of the praises were actually sincere, too. Heck, a lot of people really despised Madina and were glad to see it gone. Now if only Aurvandil could have respected its treaties and focused against Luria instead of backstabbing Barca, maybe we'd have been able to stand their pompous ruler a bit more and pretend we actually really liked them and really thought they were beacons of civilization and whatever.

The Moot ended its friendship with Asylon because it was convenient. Asylon doesnt even know why Terran stopped being friendly.

Please stop bringing this up. You always then whine and go about asking for posts to be removed. Whatever you may think the reason is, everyone in D'Hara and Terran keep repeating:

Probably it had to do with flip flopping during the Terran-Kabrinskia war.

And recent actions by Glaumring and his church only made things worse.

It's rather amazing how Asylon is only concerned about the hegemony they are next to. As if the theocracies were all that existed on Dwilight, and that no other bloc, if allowed to grow, could prove threatening. Taking out or weakening the 'moot bloc will not help get a balance against astroist hegemony... back when Kabrinskia was threatening this, Terran, D'Hara, and Asylon all got friendly and made defensive pacts. And Kabrinskia was successfully held off.  Asylon could have relied upon the 'moot had it proven itself to be a reliable ally to it. Instead, you now favor an Aurvandilian hegemony and, de facto, a lurian hegemony (because the Lurias prevent D'Hara from helping out the rest of the 'moot, and Aurvandil prevents the rest of the 'moot from helping D'Hara). You say you want more independant realms, but you wish really hard for the reduction of the amount of blocs. With Aurvandil attacking the 'moot, that means that D'Hara was alone for fighting the Lurias, until Vesperi came. You are giving a chance for Luria Nova to gob up its neighbors, and god knows what to Fissoa.

Is this really what you want? A bunch of Aurvandil puppets to the South, Luria Nova and buddies in the south-east and isles? Whose gonna help you if Kabrinskia or Astrum strike again? Aurvandil, you say? How will they do that if the newly consolidated Lurian Empire strikes at them first, or right after they send their armies to your border?

Asylon's diplomacy is extremely short-sighted. It is in the 'moot's best interests to prevent any rise of hegemonies anywhere on the continent, because we border them all. And here you are supporting the 'moot's annexation, as if this conflict was all summed into a Barca/Terran-Aurvandil war with no continental consequences of any kind. Asylon's best bet was the 'moot, and it really shot itself in the foot when it forgot this.

Machiavel knew that an Aurvandil-Barca war would have global repercussions. Being risk averse, that's why he did his very best to play nice with Mendicant and to avoid this war. Because there are two possibile outcomes: either this war serves to increase Aurvandilian and Lurian hegemony, or either this war serves to increase astroist hegemony. And though he's willing to support astroist hegemony if it means keeping his realm and his allies intact, he'd really have just rathered just another unaligned faction to help keep Allison and her zealots in check or to deal with the Lurias as needed. Aurvandil would have been of much better help to Asylon had it not attacked Barca. Had Kabrinskia attacked you, they come have sailed with their 40 000 CS to their doorstep and pounded them into the ground, without any worries whatsoever from reprisals. Because, you know, wars with Kabrinskia never had to involve any other SA realm.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #595: November 19, 2012, 04:38:12 PM »
Yeah yeah everything makes perfect sense and only matters from your enlightened view you  arrogant sod.

I like how recent actions of my church has only made things worse yet D'Hara executed one of our priests yet niw its Asylons fault for preaching in Paisly and making things worse. You murdered one of our priests you arrogant wacko.

All of Asylons actions as of late are because we want to see Vellos and Chenier pay for their crimes and guess what, justice is coming for you both.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 04:43:04 PM by Glaumring »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #596: November 19, 2012, 04:41:58 PM »
We will disagree on the things that happened. The fact is two things did happen and none of us know which it was. So we can argue forever about it.

You can be told the truth all day long by people who know it perfectly well, but if you won't listen, then no, you will never know.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #597: November 19, 2012, 04:43:30 PM »
it was correctly predicted that the Lurias would strike at us whenever they got the chance to

Yeah, that's one of those classic self-fulfilling prophecies. If you hadn't been all chatting about how best to get the drop on Luria before we attacked you (or whatever; I don't remember the exact substance of the messages leaked), Luria wouldn't have attacked you.

(Then. At some point, yeah, we almost certainly would have, but it probably wouldn't have had to happen right then.)
Timothy Collett

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #598: November 19, 2012, 04:44:35 PM »
So basically my opinion or how I saw things doesnt matter? The truth only comes out of your friends mouths I just lie all the time?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #599: November 19, 2012, 04:58:12 PM »
So basically my opinion or how I saw things doesnt matter? The truth only comes out of your friends mouths I just lie all the time?

Not at all.

But when you've got a situation where Player A does something, you declare that Player A did it for X reason, and Player A or someone close to him responds, "No, I did it for Y reason," and your response is, "Well, i guess we'll never really know for sure..."

Then I think most people actually do know for sure, because they believe what Player A says about his own actions on the OOC forum.
Timothy Collett