Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547470 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #616: November 19, 2012, 06:53:05 PM »
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #617: November 19, 2012, 07:12:32 PM »
Right.

Because the Dalai Lama founded a religion.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #618: November 19, 2012, 07:13:34 PM »
Oh come on it was a joke...

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #619: November 19, 2012, 09:32:04 PM »
Oh come on it was a joke...

Jokes are typically funny.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #620: November 19, 2012, 10:24:57 PM »
Which would imply that some of you have a sense of humour... Lets be serious...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #621: November 19, 2012, 11:18:03 PM »
Yeah, that's one of those classic self-fulfilling prophecies. If you hadn't been all chatting about how best to get the drop on Luria before we attacked you (or whatever; I don't remember the exact substance of the messages leaked), Luria wouldn't have attacked you.

(Then. At some point, yeah, we almost certainly would have, but it probably wouldn't have had to happen right then.)

Regardless of the timing, it was coming one way or another.

Arrogant I'll grant you, and Chénier has a tendency to spin propaganda until he believes it himself, but Vellos is usually pretty much on the level when he's OOC.

If you really believe that at this point, then you've got some problems, mate.

All I said was D'Hara and Machiavel's stances on Glaumring's actions. I fail to see how I can be incorrect.

I can be arrogant and condescending, sure. And sometimes I tend to use hyperboles. But I can't think of anything I expressed in this thread to be incorrect or a lie.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #622: November 19, 2012, 11:20:27 PM »
Regardless of the timing, it was coming one way or another.
Yeah, but the reason it happened when it did was your somewhat clumsy attempts to prepare for it.

All I said was D'Hara and Machiavel's stances on Glaumring's actions. I fail to see how I can be incorrect.

I can be arrogant and condescending, sure. And sometimes I tend to use hyperboles. But I can't think of anything I expressed in this thread to be incorrect or a lie.

Yeah; I don't think there's any of that excessive propagandizing going on from your side here. It's happened in the past, though ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #623: November 19, 2012, 11:56:53 PM »
Yeah, but the reason it happened when it did was your somewhat clumsy attempts to prepare for it.

+1

Leaks of D'Haran preparations led to a Lurian mobilization. Oops.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #624: November 20, 2012, 12:02:43 AM »
+1

Leaks of D'Haran preparations led to a Lurian mobilization. Oops.

Happened while I was gone, I believe. From what I gathered, it did indeed sound rather clumsy and foolish.

Machiavel slips every now and then, but he tended to be careful with these things, forging friendships, pacts, and various agreements without formulating these in such a way as to make it sound aggressive if leaked to the Lurias.

Still, it had to happen one day or another. And I'm quite amazed by how D'Hara has performed, even much moreso considering it gets no aid whatsoever from the rest of the 'moot. I'm actually kind of happy they did this sloppy scheming, it allowed to unblock some latent conflicts and perhaps will lead to a real change to happen for once. The armed battles is a novelty in itself. Imo, the tensions that had been going on between the Lurias and D'Hara weren't much fun and unlikely to ever end. The timing sucked for us, but at least it doesn't seem all that bad.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #625: November 20, 2012, 02:03:06 AM »
Since its already been announced to half the world, lets make it official on the forums as well.

Lady Alura Aurea, Chief Magistrate of Terran, and Lord Rynn JeVondair, Prime Minister of D'hara are to be forever known as husband and wife from this day forth! This is the first time in history that two rulers have been wed (that I could find), it is a historical moment for Dwilight and the 'Moot!

</yay>
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #626: November 20, 2012, 02:10:11 AM »
Since its already been announced to half the world, lets make it official on the forums as well.

Lady Alura Aurea, Chief Magistrate of Terran, and Lord Rynn JeVondair, Prime Minister of D'hara are to be forever known as husband and wife from this day forth! This is the first time in history that two rulers have been wed (that I could find), it is a historical moment for Dwilight and the 'Moot!

</yay>

Not in BM. Nor on Dwilight, I believe, but maybe I'm just thinking of ruler/high government member marriages.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #627: November 20, 2012, 04:57:12 AM »
This is the first time in history that two rulers have been wed (that I could find), it is a historical moment for Dwilight and the 'Moot!

The immediate example that comes to mind is the marriage between Retravic Stefanovic, Queen of Republic of Fwuvoghor and Hireshmont Vellos, King of Irombrozia.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #628: November 20, 2012, 05:39:00 AM »
I honest to god just hope Glaumring is the most legendary troll in the history of the internet.

Otherwise, well, I just don't know anymore.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #629: November 20, 2012, 05:45:24 AM »
First time i used the internet was in 1994 ...