Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547395 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #675: November 21, 2012, 11:29:01 PM »
That's true. I offered her asylum and friendship to see if she was legit, she tried to play me at first saying her and Mendicant are totally at odds but a number of inconsistencies in her story later, she dropped the act and very clearly displayed how Provincia is just another of Mendicant's tactics, which Mendicant then confirmed. I would never alienate someone on the basis of other people's opinions, so I gave it a shot and in the end she proved everyone right.

Also, I WISH there was an option to save messages, like in many of these types of games. It'd be very useful, and I want to save this glimmering gem for all time.

Letter from Glaumring Apasurain
(Personal message to Alura Aurea)

Magistrate, I would like to apologize to Terran for the previous war and take responsibility for the confusion caused during that time. My kingdom has paid a heavy price for my actions and I hope to turn things around and redeem myself.

Glaumring Apasurain
Viscount of Vakreno Heaps
Priest of Cult of Bloodmoon

D'aaaaaaw! <3 Only took a few RL months to get him to admit it, but still.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #676: November 21, 2012, 11:33:27 PM »
I decided it was politically expedient to apologize dudes...  8)
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #677: November 21, 2012, 11:49:50 PM »
Well, here's the question, I think, Chénier: can you be absolutely certain that Rynn never promised something utterly boneheaded to them, and didn't fully inform the realm of it? Because our impression of him in Luria suggests that he might do just that...

Rynn consulted Machiavel much on the issue, because Machiavel was involved in a lot of talks with a lot of people at the time.

Both said the same thing to Mendicant: We'll stay neutral in the Western war, but we expect to get Paisly back, and would not tolerate a realm there.

But Mendicant decided to promise us Paisly in exchange for peace, and then changed his mind and created a puppet there instead, because suddenly, D'Hara wasn't worthy of trust.

Just like he had suddenly decided that Barca wasn't a legitimate realm anymore. Or that suddenly the treaty of Evanburg didn't mean anything anymore. Or that suddenly, D'Hara's neutrality towards Aurvandil isn't neutrality anymore.

But clearly, the Chevaliers are the shining examples of honour. You can totally trust them to respect anything they say.

D'Hara offered very simple terms: give Paisly back, and it won't be used in the war. Mendicant first agreed, then changed his mind. D'Hara has yet to break their neutrality towards Aurvandil, they just did what they always said they would, for reasons purely of their own (claims to the region and Florence's aggravating attitude).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #678: November 21, 2012, 11:56:55 PM »
I remember a time when D'Hara was going to ally with Aurvandiil but Vellos in Terran hated Aurvandiil so much it wasn't allowed to happen. I remember D'Hara was going to be a launch point for Aurvandiil to attack north. Good thing that never happened... But to think D'Hara even entertaining the thought and so recently!  ::)

Yes, because you are clearly the #1 source to understand what D'Hara said and what's going on in D'Hara.

What goes on in D'Hara and the 'moot isn't some kind of simple dichotomy as you present it. All of your points are either misleading or outright false.

Had D'Hara wanted to ally with Aurvandil, it would have done so. Terran has no authority to tell us otherwise. As for "attack north", change "north" for "Kabrinskia", and put it in context of Kabrinskian aggressions, then water it down a bunch, and maybe you'll get a picture that's somewhat close to what happened.

D'Hara's strategy via Aurvandil was always to pacify via friendship. Aurvandil was a mighty erratic realm that'd we would have rather seen attack others than ourselves. That doesn't mean we wanted to go attack others with them, much less ally them. The only time some people proposed an alliance was to get rid of Madina, and that was just a few people who merely brought the idea up without ever insisting on it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #679: November 22, 2012, 12:07:45 AM »
Yes, because you are clearly the #1 source to understand what D'Hara said and what's going on in D'Hara.

What goes on in D'Hara and the 'moot isn't some kind of simple dichotomy as you present it. All of your points are either misleading or outright false.

Had D'Hara wanted to ally with Aurvandil, it would have done so. Terran has no authority to tell us otherwise. As for "attack north", change "north" for "Kabrinskia", and put it in context of Kabrinskian aggressions, then water it down a bunch, and maybe you'll get a picture that's somewhat close to what happened.

D'Hara's strategy via Aurvandil was always to pacify via friendship. Aurvandil was a mighty erratic realm that'd we would have rather seen attack others than ourselves. That doesn't mean we wanted to go attack others with them, much less ally them. The only time some people proposed an alliance was to get rid of Madina, and that was just a few people who merely brought the idea up without ever insisting on it.

Oh Chenier always tonne of convenient ways out... You silver-tongued devil you

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #680: November 22, 2012, 12:21:44 AM »

Oh Chenier always tonne of convenient ways out... You silver-tongued devil you

Funny how that works, that everyone who disagrees with you always seems to have a "tonne of convenient ways out" of the webs you attempt to spin with your words.

Funny, like how those webs tend to end up looking like rat's nests or cat's cradles rather than resembling anything particularly...web-like.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #681: November 22, 2012, 12:30:06 AM »
Who are you anyways? His alt account?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #682: November 22, 2012, 12:32:26 AM »
Who are you anyways? His alt account?

Glaumring, the very fact that Chénier and I agree that you're nuts should tell you something. Assuming you paid enough attention to know anything about either of us.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #683: November 22, 2012, 12:33:39 AM »
Your opinion of me means jack !@#$.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #684: November 22, 2012, 12:59:51 AM »
Your opinion of me means jack !@#$.

It is really beyond me why you keep coming back to these threads and keep dictating what others think.

I mean, Terran leaders explain their stances, and you dismiss it. I explain Machiavel's stance, or D'Hara's in general, and you dismiss it. You then claim that reasons were used or things were said in forums you have no access to. And it isn't even due to leaks... If there are leaks, either they are pretty unreliable, or you incorrectly understand what is given to you.

The 'moot is a complex organisation. I don't think anyone outside of it can really grasp what goes on inside, how things evolve and why they evolve so.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #685: November 22, 2012, 01:56:40 AM »
I used to rule a kingdom Chenier, we used to talk all the time.. All of these things we spoke of together ingame, when we used to be friends of course.

I remember many things and I merely point out after reading many things in this thread that you are a shifty one, your position shifts like the wind when it comes down to it. You shifted on Asylon, on Terran , on Aurvandiil... The only time D'Hara has actually done anything for any of its allies is when it is actually in need of a city returned.

Shifty opportunist...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 01:58:46 AM by Glaumring »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #686: November 22, 2012, 02:34:36 AM »
I used to rule a kingdom Chenier, we used to talk all the time.. All of these things we spoke of together ingame, when we used to be friends of course.

I remember many things and I merely point out after reading many things in this thread that you are a shifty one, your position shifts like the wind when it comes down to it. You shifted on Asylon, on Terran , on Aurvandiil... The only time D'Hara has actually done anything for any of its allies is when it is actually in need of a city returned.

Shifty opportunist...

Machiavel is pragmatic. He owes his allegiance to D'Hara, nothing else. However, he also does value his engagements. Which is why he makes sure to offer as little solid promises as possible, and often speaks as vaguely as he can.

As for shifting on Terran, ask Vellos if he thinks D'Hara failed them. He'd be the best one to say, not you. And Aurvandil... they attacked our federated ally, not the other way around. Finally, for Asylon, we only had a defensive agreement. Machiavel would have never supported any offensive campaign against Kabrinskia, which he viewed as making D'Hara vulnerable to Lurian sneak attacks.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #687: November 22, 2012, 02:48:29 AM »
Machiavel is pragmatic. He owes his allegiance to D'Hara, nothing else. However, he also does value his engagements. Which is why he makes sure to offer as little solid promises as possible, and often speaks as vaguely as he can.

As for shifting on Terran, ask Vellos if he thinks D'Hara failed them. He'd be the best one to say, not you. And Aurvandil... they attacked our federated ally, not the other way around. Finally, for Asylon, we only had a defensive agreement. Machiavel would have never supported any offensive campaign against Kabrinskia, which he viewed as making D'Hara vulnerable to Lurian sneak attacks.

Fair enough, I'm not going to argue all day about your/our faults. I merely point out that everyone on Dwilight has dirty hands.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #688: November 22, 2012, 03:40:37 AM »
Yes, but everyone else doesn't dictate what others think of them. Nor do they reject actual facts and keep clinging on to the idyllic world wherein their opinions are the only things that matter.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #689: November 22, 2012, 03:44:05 AM »
Well, I've gone through the estate names, the RC names, and the region description. I think there isn't any more of the Florentine propaganda left.