Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547399 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #705: November 22, 2012, 07:27:42 PM »
When our closest allies abandoned us, when we fought against Astrum, Corsanctum, Kabrinskia and even a bit of Morek and Iashular only Aurvandiil stood up for us. I didnt want bad relations with Terran or D'Hara they found it convenient to throw us under the bus and did so when time served them right. The new leadershio of D'Hara and Terran has improved by lightyears and things are no longer like they were, I just want to make sure everyone knows Vellos and Chenier are shifty.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706: November 22, 2012, 07:33:21 PM »
As much as you claim to not care what anyone else thinks, you sure do spend a lot of time trying to convince them that you're really the good guy, and that it really is everyone else's fault.

At this point, everyone has already made up their minds. You're not going to convince anyone else to switch sides. Why don't we all just give it a rest? Go have some turkey. Or you can come over to my place. I'm making some homemade pumpkin pie today. Yumm-O! :P
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #707: November 22, 2012, 07:39:04 PM »
As much as you claim to not care what anyone else thinks, you sure do spend a lot of time trying to convince them that you're really the good guy, and that it really is everyone else's fault.

At this point, everyone has already made up their minds. You're not going to convince anyone else to switch sides. Why don't we all just give it a rest? Go have some turkey. Or you can come over to my place. I'm making some homemade pumpkin pie today. Yumm-O! :P

Directions? Google map co-ordinates?  :D

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #708: November 22, 2012, 07:42:59 PM »
I understand your reasons Glaumring. It has to be really disappointing to be abandoned by your allies in hard times, if that's what really happened. But just think that if they helped Asylon it maybe was because they weren't menaced by anyone else. They've got their Falkirkian Shield-State and Barca in their borders. If the Zuma were frustrating their attempts for a quick and clean conquest over Barca, they could look for some foreigner wars to participate. Maybe D'Hara was under direct menace of Luria in that time, I don't know. But if they were, I can understand they couldn't lose a single man in any other war apart from their survival.

That's why I said a little realm has to be pragmatic. I'm not justifying D'Hara's decisions about you, but I wouldn't see Aurvandil as the altruist ally that it seems they become for you.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #709: November 22, 2012, 07:48:18 PM »
I understand your reasons Glaumring. It has to be really disappointing to be abandoned by your allies in hard times, if that's what really happened. But just think that if they helped Asylon it maybe was because they weren't menaced by anyone else. They've got their Falkirkian Shield-State and Barca in their borders. If the Zuma were frustrating their attempts for a quick and clean conquest over Barca, they could look for some foreigner wars to participate. Maybe D'Hara was under direct menace of Luria in that time, I don't know. But if they were, I can understand they couldn't lose a single man in any other war apart from their survival.

That's why I said a little realm has to be pragmatic. I'm not justifying D'Hara's decisions about you, but I wouldn't see Aurvandil as the altruist ally that it seems they become for you.

Thank you for your understanding. All I want is for people to realize nothing is one sided in war and diplomacy and I dont like how people have decided to push me under the bus just to get rid of me politically. I wont go out like that.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #710: November 22, 2012, 08:05:45 PM »
They've got their Falkirkian Shield-State

Our what now?

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #711: November 22, 2012, 08:11:28 PM »
A consistent ally which ensures your eastern front and allows you to focus in your northern borders. I think shield could be an accurate word in this case.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #712: November 22, 2012, 08:12:07 PM »
I guess it's quite easy to be independent in a realm with more than the triple of nobles, and a very good proportion of them with quite a lot of experience and wealth to sustain a large troop. I've been playing for little time, and if Aurvandil had hard times, it had to be a long time ago.

When you've got the guarantee of a huge army at your back, you don't have to do politics. You just have to decide which could be a good pretext to invade a region whether it's an active part of an enemy realm, or it has gone rogue for some reason. I can understand it of course, it has to be just awesome. Moreover, it's interesting to see you talk about "being screwed" by constant changes in the diplomatic relations with other realms. Does it really affect Aurvandilians somehow? A king who can move at least 20 nobles whenever he wants, each one of them with at least 700CS has to be difficult to screw, doesn't he?

So you think Barcans are peasants of the Zuma. Yeah, it would be probably much nicer just to blow us from the map to put a good bunch of Fiorenze or just expand your realm; it is surprising to see it bothers you.

Justify your invasions as you like, but please don't show Aurvandil as a victim of the inconsistent politics of other realms. For your fortune, I think you can't be a victim of anyone, and you will be a probable choice for new members (everybody like to fight battles with an overwhelming numeric superiority, right?).

The irony of you arguing Aurvandil hasn't had a hard time in a long is overpowering. Considering Evanburg, Gallaecia, Celtiberia, Zerujil and Candiels all recently revolted, well the Candiels revolt was put down.  As it turns out, Aurvandil is surprisingly easy to screw into ruin just by war declarations which is the state we're currently in internally, we have the best army on Dwilight and quite arguably the game, but out enemies found a way to make that irrelevant and force us to bend over.

And I rather like having Barca on our border, it's like having a desert, it's easy to ignore. Which suits Aurvandil just fine, so long as Barca doesn't make us notice them, we won't and we'll leave them be.

And your argument of our wealth and power makes it impossible for us to be victimised in anyway is just silly.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 08:23:05 PM by NoblesseChevaleresque »

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #713: November 22, 2012, 08:13:56 PM »
A consistent ally which ensures your eastern front and allows you to focus in your northern borders. I think shield could be an accurate word in this case.

Not an ally.
Doesn't ensure our eastern front.
Doesn't shield us in the slightest.

In fact, were the Grand Duchy not determined to invade Falkirk we'd have to look to our east, the Falkirkian's have an declared hatred of Monarchy and that makes them natural enemies to Aurvandil, they especially hate the Aurvandilan form of rulership, which is especially juxtaposed to their own Kommandantry. Really, Falkirk and Aurvandil at opposite ends on a lot of things.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #714: November 22, 2012, 08:17:45 PM »
Thank you for your understanding. All I want is for people to realize nothing is one sided in war and diplomacy and I dont like how people have decided to push me under the bus just to get rid of me politically. I wont go out like that.
No one pushed you under the bus, you jumped in front of the bus and your mad we didn't run out there. The alliances made were for defense, not you escalate a war and we have to help you because you f'ed it up. But enough of that, it's long over, and it's thanksgiving so I am with Bael on wondering where that homemade pumpkin pie is. Have a happy thanksgiving everyone!
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #715: November 22, 2012, 08:19:54 PM »
It's all true.

also, Aurvandil, please be a doll and attack *after* Thanksgiving  :P

Such a shame Aurvandil is ruled by an Englishman, eh?

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #716: November 22, 2012, 08:33:23 PM »
As it turns out, Aurvandil is surprisingly easy to screw into ruin just by war declarations which is the state we're currently in internally, we have the best army on Dwilight and quite arguably the game, but out enemies found a way to make that irrelevant.

I can't imagine a non-violent way to make "the best army on Dwilight and quite arguably the game". Maybe with roleplay such as that one about a lady being raped, and beaten?

And I rather like having Barca on our border, it's like having a desert, it's easy to ignore. Which suits Aurvandil just fine, so long as Barca doesn't make us notice them, we won't and we'll leave them be.

Did I say anything to make you think Barca is in my opinion a dangerous opponent to Aurvandil? I think you were complaining about the relations between Barca and the Zuma Coalition.

In fact, were the Grand Duchy not determined to invade Falkirk we'd have to look to our east, the Falkirkian's have an declared hatred of Monarchy and that makes them natural enemies to Aurvandil, they especially hate the Aurvandilan form of rulership, which is especially juxtaposed to their own Kommandantry. Really, Falkirk and Aurvandil at opposite ends on a lot of things.

Maybe the information about the diplomatic relations in the game should be renewed, according what you say.

And your argument of our wealth and power makes it impossible for us to be victimised in anyway is just silly.

Please, if you entertain us with some endless posts, read at least the replies. My "argument" was a sceptic comment about that way Aurvandil feels apparently upset constantly by some "voluble" politics. I didn't mean to make you feel like victims of your power and wealth, I was asking you to not show yourselves like such victims.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #717: November 22, 2012, 08:35:37 PM »
... and it's thanksgiving so I am with Bael on wondering where that homemade pumpkin pie is. Have a happy thanksgiving everyone!
I'm not promising it will be any good, mind you. Despite all the turkeys I've cooked, this is my first pumpkin pie from scratch.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #718: November 22, 2012, 08:37:18 PM »
I can't imagine a non-violent way to make "the best army on Dwilight and quite arguably the game". Maybe with roleplay such as that one about a lady being raped, and beaten?

Not quite sure what you're trying to say there.

Did I say anything to make you think Barca is in my opinion a dangerous opponent to Aurvandil? I think you were complaining about the relations between Barca and the Zuma Coalition.

Indeed, though the fact Haktoo tried to cockblock Aurvandil's army upon Barcan request is grudge that'll last a long time, Mendicant doesn't take well to people trying to dictate to him what he can or can't do.

Maybe the information about the diplomatic relations in the game should be renewed, according what you say.

Oh, well by all accounts Barca and Aurvandil should be at peace, but for Aurvandil to sign peace with Barca we would have to acknowledge them as something more than a rogue non-state.

Please, if you entertain us with some endless posts, read at least the replies. My "argument" was a sceptic comment about that way Aurvandil feels apparently upset constantly by some "voluble" politics. I didn't mean to make you feel like victims of your power and wealth, I was asking you to not show yourselves like such victims.

No, we're just annoyed at being played in politics.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #719: November 22, 2012, 08:37:38 PM »
Such a shame Aurvandil is ruled by an Englishman, eh?

Better than having a frog run it into the ground ;)
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.