Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547553 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #960: December 18, 2012, 05:27:08 PM »
"Barca may be a sonofabitch, but it's our sonofabitch, dammit!"

True dat.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #961: December 18, 2012, 05:33:57 PM »
Aurvandil can't do anything till the Veinsormoot decide they want peace.

And when I was dealing with Barca as well, suffice to say Barca don't make for good compatriots or partners

I guess that means that Aurvandilians will keep on raiding Barca until their allies decide to pact. In such a different way, I think Aurvandil wouldn't make for good compatriots or partners. But that should be decided by Terran and D'Hara, which I think don't need any propaganda to do so.

I'd have liked also to see sometimes more communication in Barca, but none of us should see it from a IC point of view. I just know an isolated case, but probably many of our realm-mates can't dedicate themselves as they'd like to the game. And with a slight amount of players in our realm, it affects a lot to its development. Honestly, I think it's as simple as that.

"Barca may be a sonofabitch, but it's our sonofabitch, dammit!"

That's very kind of you guys...  ;)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #962: December 18, 2012, 05:36:20 PM »

No matter how old or big or strong Barca may one day grow to be, I think both Terran and D'Hara will always view themselves as its parents. Maybe not in a patronizing way, but at least in a protective way.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #963: December 18, 2012, 05:42:43 PM »
No matter how old or big or strong Barca may one day grow to be, I think both Terran and D'Hara will always view themselves as its parents. Maybe not in a patronizing way, but at least in a protective way.

And a historical, "Yes this is actually the truth" kind of way.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #964: December 18, 2012, 06:14:58 PM »
Oh Barca, the red headed stepchild of southern Dwilight... The Tiny Tim of the Marociddens.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #965: December 18, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »
Oh Barca, the red headed stepchild of southern Dwilight... The Tiny Tim of the Marociddens.

The what?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #966: December 18, 2012, 07:06:32 PM »
And a historical, "Yes this is actually the truth" kind of way.

And it WILL grow to be large and powerful one day. We'll make sure of that.

Sure would help if they had more nobles, though...

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #967: December 18, 2012, 08:32:51 PM »
Being active, responding to communications and interesting insures success.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #968: December 18, 2012, 10:50:58 PM »
And it WILL grow to be large and powerful one day. We'll make sure of that.

Sure would help if they had more nobles, though...

Quite the substantial boast when both Terran and D'Hara are weak (Terran less so), you are only strong in your needless defiance, but it seems defiance alone isn't getting you any closer to beating Aurvandil. We're pretty used to being bored to death in war Madina were quite good at it, but it only brought them just over a year of war till they finally succumbed. I suppose we'll have to do the same with the Veinsormoot as they seem to believe in the virtue of war for wars sake.

I guess that means that Aurvandilians will keep on raiding Barca until their allies decide to pact. In such a different way, I think Aurvandil wouldn't make for good compatriots or partners. But that should be decided by Terran and D'Hara, which I think don't need any propaganda to do so.

I'd have liked also to see sometimes more communication in Barca, but none of us should see it from a IC point of view. I just know an isolated case, but probably many of our realm-mates can't dedicate themselves as they'd like to the game. And with a slight amount of players in our realm, it affects a lot to its development. Honestly, I think it's as simple as that.

We only raid Barca when they give us reason to do so, you attacked Gallaecia and the Provincia, so we loot Rettleville. That and it's good at provoking the Veinsormoot, since they retreat and hide behind walls every time we march north. If they won't bother to war us, we may as well preserve our forces, bring Aurvandil back up to the full strength we had at the start of the war and then zerg rush the Moot to ruin.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #969: December 18, 2012, 10:56:31 PM »
Quite the substantial boast when both Terran and D'Hara are weak (Terran less so), you are only strong in your needless defiance, but it seems defiance alone isn't getting you any closer to beating Aurvandil.

D'Hara has regained pretty much all of its lands, despite ongoing wars.

I'd say we are doing just fine.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #970: December 18, 2012, 11:05:42 PM »
D'Hara has regained pretty much all of its lands, despite ongoing wars.

I'd say we are doing just fine.

Yes, well that isn't saying much when you have had months to do so by and large unopposed unless you count one Lurian incursion and the Provincia, with massive allied aid.

You're doing "fine", well you haven't advanced your war aims whatsoever, the most damage done to Aurvandil was by war protests and you have yet to win a single battle against us. If you call that doing fine, I question what you would consider doing badly. Because I consider Aurvandil to be performing awfully, and yet we've actually achieved much from our strength, and its only by our refusal to press our advantage early on when you were all starving to misery that the war is so static at the moment.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #971: December 18, 2012, 11:07:16 PM »

The magicarp of countries?

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #972: December 18, 2012, 11:09:12 PM »
Quite the substantial boast when both Terran and D'Hara are weak (Terran less so), you are only strong in your needless defiance, but it seems defiance alone isn't getting you any closer to beating Aurvandil. We're pretty used to being bored to death in war Madina were quite good at it, but it only brought them just over a year of war till they finally succumbed. I suppose we'll have to do the same with the Veinsormoot as they seem to believe in the virtue of war for wars sake.

We only raid Barca when they give us reason to do so, you attacked Gallaecia and the Provincia, so we loot Rettleville. That and it's good at provoking the Veinsormoot, since they retreat and hide behind walls every time we march north. If they won't bother to war us, we may as well preserve our forces, bring Aurvandil back up to the full strength we had at the start of the war and then zerg rush the Moot to ruin.

Methinks, as in the diplomatic issues Aurvandil had earlier, you still don't understand the larger strategy of this war.

In Battlemaster, it is quite far from impossible to lose almost every battle and yet have crushing victory in war. And we certainly haven't lost every battle, as the CS charts make clear.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #973: December 18, 2012, 11:11:37 PM »
Yes, well that isn't saying much when you have had months to do so by and large unopposed unless you count one Lurian incursion and the Provincia, with massive allied aid.

You're doing "fine", well you haven't advanced your war aims whatsoever, the most damage done to Aurvandil was by war protests and you have yet to win a single battle against us. If you call that doing fine, I question what you would consider doing badly. Because I consider Aurvandil to be performing awfully, and yet we've actually achieved much from our strength, and its only by our refusal to press our advantage early on when you were all starving to misery that the war is so static at the moment.

We have won some battles. Again, go look at the CS charts. BM's declared winner is irrelevant.

D'Hara has grown in land, income, CS, and population. They have done so while fighting two wars with varying intensity. They have reconquered numerous regions since the Long Winter.

The Moot is weaker than it was at the start of the war (Terran is stronger, but Barca and D'Hara are weaker). However, Aurvandil is also significantly weaker.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #974: December 18, 2012, 11:12:29 PM »

D'Hara isn't actually at war with you... And you assume our priorities are the same as yours. Yet I think it has been pretty clearly demonstrated that we don't operate the same way at all. Because from where we stand, Aurvandil hasn't  achieved much of anything. D'Hara was crippled by starvation, Barca by a sneak attack.

We don't even need to loot you, your regions revolt on their own. And nowadays your tax rates are much closer to what would otherwise be considered normal.

Nah, we've been involved on two fronts against two behemoths, and we barely lost any ground in the East while we regained a ton of land in the West. Ya, I'd say we did just fine.