Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547541 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1005: December 20, 2012, 05:25:44 AM »
Yeah, the Aurvandi armored column sweeping through the jungles of Barca is really proving to be a problem. I hope they don't suffer mechanical problems when monsoon season begins.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006: December 20, 2012, 07:13:05 AM »
And respect the mechanical problems... all the new tanks had them, see the Panthers in Kursk!!!

Panzers*

MediumTedium

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007: December 20, 2012, 07:17:10 AM »
Yeah, the Aurvandi armored column sweeping through the jungles of Barca is really proving to be a problem. I hope they don't suffer mechanical problems when monsoon season begins.

Yeah Aurvandil has secret factory that produces King Tigers 24/7 that are awaiting to be deployed, they just need to pass mechanical tests and they are good to go.
"If you find you are falling into madness - dive."

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008: December 20, 2012, 07:22:13 AM »
Yeah Aurvandil has secret factory that produces King Tigers 24/7 that are awaiting to be deployed, they just need to pass mechanical tests and they are good to go.

SEE!?!?! THEY EVEN CONFESS TO HACKING THE GAME!!!

I knew it.

;)
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1009: December 20, 2012, 08:47:39 AM »
Panzers*

No, Panthers is correct. The Panther was introduced just before that battle, but had severe mechanical problems. I do believe the Panther is part of the Panzer line of tanks.

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010: December 20, 2012, 12:06:58 PM »
No, Panthers is correct. The Panther was introduced just before that battle, but had severe mechanical problems. I do believe the Panther is part of the Panzer line of tanks.

Yes, the Panther was the Panzer-V. Especially designed to fight the formidable T-34. Well protected, agile and armed with a 75/L70 gun... although in Kursk battle, the Germans lost more to mechanical problems than in combat!

The Aurvandilians have King Tigers?... well... we will send them ours T-34/85!!! And with a few JS-II, if they enjoy better something more 'heavy'!!!

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011: December 21, 2012, 02:49:04 PM »
You have something to this effect several times now; your amazement at the 'Moot not attacking Aurvandil, at the 'Moot "hiding behind walls" all the time, and not having the honor to come out and fight Aurvandil, all the while Aurvandil has been just so "forced" to come attack the 'Moot.

....is it finally dawning on you yet that that is because Aurvandil is the aggressor in this war and the 'Moot is on defense just like we have all been saying since Day 1? Because, yeah, that's generally how things go when a stronger, militaristic realm attacks some weaker, peaceful realms: the stronger realm launches attacks against the smaller realms who hide behind walls because they are, you know, weaker... and, you know, defending.

---

In other news.... Aurvandil is back to calling Barca uncivilized... their General declaring Barca the "Farmer Republic" needing to be put in their place.

The Moot started this war, the Moot refused peace, the Moot is therefore the aggressor, they are also, however, on the back foot in the war.

And how is that calling the Barca uncivilised? They're a Republic of farmers, unless you seem to think that being a republic is uncivilised, or being a farmer is equally uncivilised, in and of itself it's not calling them uncivilised, and if you did think so then that's your own bizarre perception on things that makes you believe it is a slight on their civilisation. They are a Republic by the grace of Haktoo who does so on the provision that they farm for her, thus they are a farmer Republic... a Republic which exists so long as they farm at the whims of another. Which is nothing to do with civilisation and if you paid attention for just one second and stretched your mental wherewithal, what it actually is, is a concise repudiation of Barca's statehood and legitimacy, not their civilisation. I do tire of people constantly getting the wrong impression of things. People were upset when Allomere mentally referred to the peasants as poorly dressed, not because he sharpened his sword on their senate house stones, the greatest insult imaginable to us. You're bothered because we referred to them as farmers, a derogatory remark upon the means by which they exist at all in the service of another, and not an attack upon their level of civilisation.

Christ if we wanted to call Barca uncivilised we would outright say it, we wouldn't be coy about it. Some people are determined however to sit there and think we're calling them barbarians so they can then ostracise Aurvandil for saying such a thing.

Honestly.

Also, to Chenier.

If we were struggling to replace our losses, don't you think we would do something about it? Evidently it's not an issue as we feel free to march north every other week, if it was a genuine problem well then we'd retire the armies to their barracks until such a time as their strength is restored. You can tout how we aren't recovering as much, as if that actually matters, we have gold and soldiers lying around waiting for use if they're needed, it's just not economical or efficient to spend it all at once so the statistics chart can be our electronic penis, and Aurvandil has a mild obsession with efficiency. That, and as we face enemies innumerable, we sort of have to keep our resources for the rainy day when you inevitably form your horde again and march on us, we're not exactly idiots.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 02:56:16 PM by NoblesseChevaleresque »

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012: December 21, 2012, 02:56:39 PM »
Barca is a backwater, its hardly the essense of ostentatious wealth and culture of Dwilight, hell its nobles barely no how to talk, perhaps even language is rare there.

Asylon isnt even civilized, its a poor backwater , but at least it has its own culture.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013: December 21, 2012, 03:03:11 PM »
Barca is a backwater, its hardly the essense of ostentatious wealth and culture of Dwilight, hell its nobles barely no how to talk, perhaps even language is rare there.

Asylon isnt even civilized, its a poor backwater , but at least it has its own culture.

Well they don't exactly live in vast palaces and a grand cities, lets put it that way.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014: December 21, 2012, 03:32:23 PM »
I wouldnt roleplay Barca anything more than a passsable city of mud and farm animals, dirty, uncouth its nobles wrapped in animal furs a war torn land struggling to be a republic under the watchful eye of the Zuma. Its a frontier kingdom that never rose beyond that.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015: December 21, 2012, 04:56:18 PM »
I wouldnt roleplay Barca anything more than a passsable city of mud and farm animals, dirty, uncouth its nobles wrapped in animal furs a war torn land struggling to be a republic under the watchful eye of the Zuma. Its a frontier kingdom that never rose beyond that.

Nah, I say if they haven't ever gotten a huge army, it's because they built vast golden castles from D'Haran gold. Must be splendid to see! ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016: December 21, 2012, 05:22:04 PM »

I think we can all agree that the language Barcans use is quite more understandable than that rather orthopedic and artificial slang that their southern neighbours imported to the lands they inhabit. Glaumring, have you had any comprehension issue when talking to a Barcan noble?

Your talk reminds very much of our pal Noblesse. Honestly, things like that remind me of those little monkeys dancing the tune of their master's accordion. Noblesse's tune isn't so cool that we need that little dance, in fact, it's sometimes quite repetitive. What surprises me is to hear all that Zuma thing when Aurvandilian hordes adorned in feathers have been up to mischief until they were bored, with no uncomfortable visit from them in their recent visit to Barca.

I guess Glaumring has had a very close relation to Barcan people to be so judgemental, if that wouldn't the case I'd think he's just a blabbermouth. Since I don't know anything about Asylonian background, I'll remain quiet about it. And whether you don't seem to have a good opinion of Barcans, Asylonians are fine for me, I don't know why but I don't think Glaumring could be some kind of good portrait of his people. But it's nice to see two friends that understand each other so nicely.  ::)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017: December 21, 2012, 05:26:22 PM »
I also find it amusing that Auvandil condemns Barca for dealing with the Zuma, but are all buddies with Asylon who practically sleep in bed with them and worship them as gods.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018: December 21, 2012, 07:50:43 PM »

Nonsense, they're a Republic, which no doubt means their people live in poverty whilst their Senators live in luxury and finery. As is the way.

I think we can all agree that the language Barcans use is quite more understandable than that rather orthopedic and artificial slang that their southern neighbours imported to the lands they inhabit. Glaumring, have you had any comprehension issue when talking to a Barcan noble?

Your talk reminds very much of our pal Noblesse. Honestly, things like that remind me of those little monkeys dancing the tune of their master's accordion. Noblesse's tune isn't so cool that we need that little dance, in fact, it's sometimes quite repetitive. What surprises me is to hear all that Zuma thing when Aurvandilian hordes adorned in feathers have been up to mischief until they were bored, with no uncomfortable visit from them in their recent visit to Barca.

I guess Glaumring has had a very close relation to Barcan people to be so judgemental, if that wouldn't the case I'd think he's just a blabbermouth. Since I don't know anything about Asylonian background, I'll remain quiet about it. And whether you don't seem to have a good opinion of Barcans, Asylonians are fine for me, I don't know why but I don't think Glaumring could be some kind of good portrait of his people. But it's nice to see two friends that understand each other so nicely.  ::)

His talk sounds nothing like mine.

I don't go round calling the Barcan's hut dwelling savages living in cities of mud and animals, and I seem to spend my time more denying that I state such than I do actually saying anything about Barca. And I'm flattered you think Glaumring is my trained dancing monkey, I'll have to summon him in the Imperial City to see to what tune he will dance when Mendicant calls.

I also find it amusing that Auvandil condemns Barca for dealing with the Zuma, but are all buddies with Asylon who practically sleep in bed with them and worship them as gods.

We're not buddies with Asylon, we can just stand ourselves in mutual conversation without reaching for our swords. Mendicant treats them with a cool detachment as he does with most of his friendlier contacts.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019: December 21, 2012, 08:05:46 PM »
Asylon is nothing more than wretched mud huts, raining all the time, farflung, foggy, endemic poverty, uncouth, barbarians. We are nothing special, we strive for our freedoms nothing more, our kingdoms is built upon the foundations of the warrior poets and we are far removed from the ostentatious wealth of Aurvandiil. You think I was insulting Barca? Asylon is a backwater and we are proud of it. We see the wealth and culture of Corsanctum and steal bits of it, we see Aurvandiil in its glory and are awed by it, every nation in Dwilight is a glorious golden kingdom, Asylon is just a collection of rabble, we sleep in our armour, we barely wash, we wear animal skins and gold and diamonds are things we see very rarely.

Everyone in Asylon is aware of this, we are humble yet proud of our culture. I have nothing against Barca, but if you want to say the smallest, most wartorn kingdom on Dwilight from before they even arrived is some shining pearl, perhaps you should learn to roleplay what that stats tell us what your kingdom is, if Asylon was at the top of the stats page we would roleplay it as rich and powerful, its like no one would say Astrum is a backwater, it would be a lie, but Barca and Asylon clearly are and they should roleplay it and be proud of their diversity instead of pretending to be bastions of civilization and culture.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 08:13:03 PM by Glaumring »