Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547268 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1080: January 04, 2013, 09:08:13 PM »
The north has very limited options for waging war. About all we can do is offer food/gold. Or maybe monster hunting support. Unless Terran's capital gets attacked. It's just too far.

Gold... and food... and LOTS of it.

You talk as if gold and food were worthless... We don't care about your armies that cost a fortune to sail to our lands and then desert as soon as they arrive. Instead of spending all that gold on worthless armies, give them to us, and we'll recruit large armies ourselves to deal with the heretics.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081: January 04, 2013, 09:31:09 PM »
It may be that a crusade could be called.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082: January 04, 2013, 09:46:31 PM »
Of course gold and food would be useful. But most people would rather march 80 soldiers down than send 300 gold every other week. Marching troops is exciting. Sending gold is boring. And giving it away? Meh... there's no excitement for most people in bankrolling someone else's war.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Hroppa

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083: January 04, 2013, 10:06:59 PM »
Yeah, not to mention the prestige for our characters.

But Chenier, be fair, Astrum's army has been sitting around down South for weeks and weeks waiting for some Moot forces to turn up. It's not the Astrocracies that've failed to put troops in the field.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084: January 04, 2013, 11:05:44 PM »
Yeah, not to mention the prestige for our characters.

But Chenier, be fair, Astrum's army has been sitting around down South for weeks and weeks waiting for some Moot forces to turn up. It's not the Astrocracies that've failed to put troops in the field.
Weeks and weeks, I am not so sure about that though I know that there are some noble's of Astrum a region away from where everyone else is gathered strangely enough. Also, if I can work away at that D'haran pride, Morek may be joining the war again and in big numbers.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085: January 04, 2013, 11:35:51 PM »
Bear in mind that I am not dumb enough to take all of my followers out of Astrum when I realized they were going to try and refound a realm.  How else am I going to get a religious foot hold in my old realm?
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086: January 04, 2013, 11:59:56 PM »
Quite simply, you won't.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087: January 05, 2013, 12:02:03 AM »
Quite simply, you won't.
It may be a Republic, but SA is keeping a firm grasp on the realm, making sure that it stays only SA and basically theocratic.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088: January 05, 2013, 12:11:28 AM »
Quite simply, you won't.

Meh... time will tell.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089: January 05, 2013, 12:52:22 AM »
Of course gold and food would be useful. But most people would rather march 80 soldiers down than send 300 gold every other week. Marching troops is exciting. Sending gold is boring. And giving it away? Meh... there's no excitement for most people in bankrolling someone else's war.

Do both?

If you can send troops and fight, sure, totally do it. However, last time everyone came, distance from the realm seemed to K.O. your armies.

You did send small forces to good effect, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

MediumTedium

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090: January 05, 2013, 01:05:56 AM »
Only few people in Aurvandil knew about decision to make new religion. I wonder how many times did old Allison spread her legs for Mendicant for him to agree on this xD
"If you find you are falling into madness - dive."

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091: January 05, 2013, 01:35:46 AM »
Only few people in Aurvandil knew about decision to make new religion. I wonder how many times did old Allison spread her legs for Mendicant for him to agree on this xD

51 years old Allison and about 30 years old Mendicant? Ugh... nice show...  :o  I think gold and crew is enough in this case. Or maybe also some information and/or the wish to piss off the Astroists by giving home a self-declared renegade who wanted to create a schism in the SA.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092: January 05, 2013, 04:40:09 AM »
51 years old Allison and about 30 years old Mendicant? Ugh... nice show...  :o  I think gold and crew is enough in this case. Or maybe also some information and/or the wish to piss off the Astroists by giving home a self-declared renegade who wanted to create a schism in the SA.

Not to mention the hole in her head... Though maybe Mendicant has a perversion in that way ;)
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093: January 05, 2013, 03:34:11 PM »
Ha, you don't even want to know what's been going on lately.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1094: January 05, 2013, 04:01:03 PM »
I was amazed when I heard about the new religion... in Aurvandil...  :o??
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar