Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547140 times)

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1185: January 20, 2013, 06:17:42 PM »
I like to think of that as you got along fine until you actually had to talk and interact over anything meaningful, then you realised you were stuck with idiots.

Don't heat up mate, maybe you're taking things too personal. Is that Cavalier attitude?  ;)

And you shouldn't try to use what I say directly OOC to reflect on our IC, because I speak much more informally about it from an OOC perspective.

... ?? I guess you talk about the "looking for the holes in a treaty" expression, because if not I can't find the sense of this sentence. If you actually discussed with Haktoo which are the limits to attack Barca without any risk to be attacked by the Zuma, you (OOC expression) were looking for the holes of the Zuma-Barca treaty or pact. Which in my opinion has little to do (IC speaking) with a Cavalier attitude. It's rather an exercise of calculation and exhaustive pragmatism. Maybe I had a romantic view of Cavaliers that you don't share as it seems.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186: January 20, 2013, 06:27:31 PM »
Or rather you do things we have always stated you would.

The orvando-saxons unite as we always knew they would.

The.... what...

I don't even.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187: January 20, 2013, 06:28:33 PM »
Poor Aurvandilians, just like the Lurians, it's not their fault if they insist on war with their neighbors!

Sorry mate, but it's the Moot that is insisting on war... that has been the case for months now. Not the other way around, Mendicant has repeatedly asked for peace, nothing.

Poor D'Hara, they still think they're the victim of aggression in all this. Right after you attack us in Gallaecia after only yesterday having your Prime Minister say he wouldn't pursue further war with Aurvandil.

Don't heat up mate, maybe you're taking things too personal. Is that Cavalier attitude?  ;)

There was no "heating up". It's hard to inflect tone but there it was more of an indifferent remark.

Maybe I had a romantic view of Cavaliers that you don't share as it seems.

I draw my understanding of Chivalry and Chevaliers from books written in the fourteenth century for the French Order of the Star, which outline exactly what it  means to be a Chevalier and to adhere to Chivalry. You can get a good translated copy on amazon I've found.

And it's an excellent source for understanding the medieval mindset and the SMA.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 06:47:03 PM by NoblesseChevaleresque »

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188: January 20, 2013, 06:56:15 PM »
Maybe if in some time Mendicant wants peace with the Fissoan and they show him where he can put his treaty, he'll learn it's not only about the Moot. It's about giving some meaning to diplomatic relations, rather than to use them for game-mechanics to keep calm the civil population.

Who are the victims in all this? Are there any?

MediumTedium

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189: January 20, 2013, 06:57:48 PM »
Chenier is the only victim
"If you find you are falling into madness - dive."

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190: January 20, 2013, 06:59:16 PM »

CHenier is always the victim

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191: January 20, 2013, 07:00:04 PM »
Maybe if in some time Mendicant wants peace with the Fissoan and they show him where he can put his treaty, he'll learn it's not only about the Moot. It's about giving some meaning to diplomatic relations, rather than to use them for game-mechanics to keep calm the civil population.

Who are the victims in all this? Are there any?

That isn't why we didn't formally declare war, as I said it's due to on going talks with Luria Nova. As if I'd be so cheap to use such a ploy to try and circumvent game mechs.

And is there a victim? I don't think there is. This has gone on far too long on account of both the Moot and Aurvandil for one side to simply be a victim.

After the Paisly incident? Definitely.

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192: January 20, 2013, 07:09:22 PM »
There was no "heating up". It's hard to inflect tone but there it was more of an indifferent remark.

Oh, sorry. I don't usually use insults when I feel indifferent.

I draw my understanding of Chivalry and Chevaliers from books written in the fourteenth century for the French Order of the Star, which outline exactly what it  means to be a Chevalier and to adhere to Chivalry. You can get a good translated copy on amazon I've found.

And it's an excellent source for understanding the medieval mindset and the SMA.

Maybe you copied and pasted it perfectly to the Wiki, but it doesn't mean your actions fit to those of the French Order of the Star. Thanks for the reference.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193: January 20, 2013, 07:14:35 PM »
Oh, sorry. I don't usually use insults when I feel indifferent.

Maybe you copied and pasted it perfectly to the Wiki, but it doesn't mean your actions fit to those of the French Order of the Star. Thanks for the reference.

Nope, haven't copy and pasted anything onto the wiki, and if you notice there isn't anything about chivalry on our wiki pages, yet.

And well, we're not trying to copy the Order of the Star, we are however using the Codes of Chivalry of the time as a guideline. Sadly the game mechanics don't support some of the things we'd have to do to, such as never retreating.

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194: January 20, 2013, 07:40:24 PM »
Poor D'Hara, they still think they're the victim of aggression in all this. Right after you attack us in Gallaecia after only yesterday having your Prime Minister say he wouldn't pursue further war with Aurvandil.

I have received a report about a skirmish in Gallaecia involving a Barcan noble, which I don't know the reason. After the way you raided Barcan lands last time, I think he's not in his right mind. I guess some explanation will come soon.

Nope, haven't copy and pasted anything onto the wiki, and if you notice there isn't anything about chivalry on our wiki pages, yet.

And well, we're not trying to copy the Order of the Star, we are however using the Codes of Chivalry of the time as a guideline. Sadly the game mechanics don't support some of the things we'd have to do to, such as never retreating.

"The Candielian Kingdom and Commonqwealth of Aurvandil; a Monarchy and Commonwealth built upon the founding principles of Sovereignty, Royalism and Chivalry (...)"

The first lines. I won't spend more time to check for more. Maybe some day I'll take a look to the book you quoted to see if the arrogance is other of the principles the Codes if Chivalry defend. I think however it's more like being humble and selfless.

Why would you have to retreat if you wouldn't engage a combat against overwhelming numbered enemies?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 07:48:28 PM by Lychaon »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195: January 20, 2013, 07:52:31 PM »
Oh, we can "want peace" like Aurvandilians too. Tell you what: Give all coastal regions you own on the Western Continent to D'Hara, and the rest to Barca, and we can be friends.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196: January 20, 2013, 08:06:03 PM »
Oh, we can "want peace" like Aurvandilians too. Tell you what: Give all coastal regions you own on the Western Continent to D'Hara, and the rest to Barca, and we can be friends.

Very few comments i have ever seen you make have furthered the conversation at all. Is it that hard to put your emotions aside and objectively talk about the war?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197: January 20, 2013, 08:10:37 PM »
Very few comments i have ever seen you make have furthered the conversation at all. Is it that hard to put your emotions aside and objectively talk about the war?
Well his point was we want you dead and you never offer peace. (At the beginning with Barca and the big communication fiasco and to D'hara when you took the duchy of Paisly, said we could have it back if we were neutral so we stayed neutral and you made a realm there which was a huge !@#$ you in D'hara's eyes.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198: January 20, 2013, 08:18:13 PM »

That's cute.

Well his point was we want you dead and you never offer peace. (At the beginning with Barca and the big communication fiasco and to D'hara when you took the duchy of Paisly, said we could have it back if we were neutral so we stayed neutral and you made a realm there which was a huge !@#$ you in D'hara's eyes.

I kept offering peace to D'Hara. Hell, even yesterday I asked D'Hara if they would be happy to maintain peace between our realms. Though D'Hara are now rallying to attack Aurvandil, rather than keep the peace.

And didn't your mother ever tell you "I want never gets"? You've gotta ask nicely.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199: January 20, 2013, 08:25:05 PM »
That's cute.

I kept offering peace to D'Hara. Hell, even yesterday I asked D'Hara if they would be happy to maintain peace between our realms. Though D'Hara are now rallying to attack Aurvandil, rather than keep the peace.

And didn't your mother ever tell you "I want never gets"? You've gotta ask nicely.
I have only ever seen those two peace offers and I have been a part of the House of Lords for months. I am not saying Rynn isn't keeping things to himself but you could include ambassadors in the convo so its not one person with the info, ie an ambassador could bring things to the HoL if they think Rynn should have and didn't. Also, its kinda BS your whole D'hara is rallying to attack Aurvandil as one rogue dame does not mean we are rallying an offensive. I don't even think the dame is in an army and when has D'hara ever attacked Gallecia or attacked period?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton