Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547134 times)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1200: January 20, 2013, 08:29:00 PM »
I have received a report about a skirmish in Gallaecia involving a Barcan noble, which I don't know the reason. After the way you raided Barcan lands last time, I think he's not in his right mind. I guess some explanation will come soon.

"The Candielian Kingdom and Commonqwealth of Aurvandil; a Monarchy and Commonwealth built upon the founding principles of Sovereignty, Royalism and Chivalry (...)"

The first lines. I won't spend more time to check for more. Maybe some day I'll take a look to the book you quoted to see if the arrogance is other of the principles the Codes if Chivalry defend. I think however it's more like being humble and selfless.

Depends on which school of Chivalry you go by. Though neither word particularly fits it.

Chevaliers were expected to be humble in the sense of what they were and the finery they had, it was considered most unbecoming for them to wear ridiculous fine clothes that revealed the shape of your body and so forth. As for selfless, well it depends on what you mean. But Aurvandil holds itself to the selfless part rather well, we make a strong point of it.

Why would you have to retreat if you wouldn't engage a combat against overwhelming numbered enemies?

Since when did the larger force automatically win? A smaller force of soldiers can prove themselves superior on the battlefield, as was repeatedly shown during the hundred years war. You would have to retreat if you lost the battle and weren't willing to stand and die.

Very few comments i have ever seen you make have furthered the conversation at all. Is it that hard to put your emotions aside and objectively talk about the war?

He's just permanently upset over the whole Paisly and "Chenier is rapist" thing.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201: January 20, 2013, 08:29:47 PM »
I have only ever seen those two peace offers and I have been a part of the House of Lords for months. I am not saying Rynn isn't keeping things to himself but you could include ambassadors in the convo so its not one person with the info, ie an ambassador could bring things to the HoL if they think Rynn should have and didn't. Also, its kinda BS your whole D'hara is rallying to attack Aurvandil as one rogue dame does not mean we are rallying an offensive. I don't even think the dame is in an army and when has D'hara ever attacked Gallecia or attacked period?

No I mean, you're rallying in Fissoa to attack us.

Forget Gallaecia.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202: January 20, 2013, 08:36:29 PM »
Though D'Hara are now rallying to attack Aurvandil, rather than keep the peace.

Forget Gallaecia.
We may be rallying in Fissoa to help defend an ally but I consider aiding an ally in defense against your army quite different than attacking your realm. Also even if it ends being us attacking your army I still consider it defense as we are defending our ally from your army.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203: January 20, 2013, 08:37:06 PM »
We may be rallying in Fissoa to help defend an ally but I consider aiding an ally in defense against your army quite different than attacking your realm. Also even if it ends being us attacking your army I still consider it defense as we are defending our ally from your army.

Oh yes that is true enough, my mistake.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204: January 20, 2013, 08:39:54 PM »

Forget Gallaecia.

If you weren't attacking Fissoa, D'Haran forces wouldn't be preparing to defend their ally against your attacks.

It's not "attacking" when it's the Aurvandilians who are on the offensive, we usually refer to that as "defending".  It's a cute slight though, implying that D'Hara is the aggressor when in fact it's Aurvandil who is at fault.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205: January 20, 2013, 08:44:19 PM »
If you weren't attacking Fissoa, D'Haran forces wouldn't be preparing to defend their ally against your attacks.

It's not "attacking" when it's the Aurvandilians who are on the offensive, we usually refer to that as "defending".  It's a cute slight though, implying that D'Hara is the aggressor when in fact it's Aurvandil who is at fault.

Yes well my apologies well what I meant to say was that D'Hara are the ones moving to recontinue hostilities, not attack Aurvandil. Though, it'll be interesting to see if they do attack the Aurvandilan army rather than hold up a defensive position in Fissoa.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206: January 20, 2013, 08:44:39 PM »

Are you playing now? And yeah though no need to continue arguing when he already agreed to that.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207: January 20, 2013, 08:48:44 PM »
Yes well my apologies well what I meant to say was that D'Hara are the ones moving to recontinue hostilities, not attack Aurvandil. Though, it'll be interesting to see if they do attack the Aurvandilan army rather than hold up a defensive position in Fissoa.

Offcourse that also depends on what Aurvendil and falk forces in fissoa do.
There in massive numbers, there isnt going to be a nice/decent battle if falk/aurvendil don't attack the fields.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208: January 20, 2013, 08:54:44 PM »
Offcourse that also depends on what Aurvendil and falk forces in fissoa do.
There in massive numbers, there isnt going to be a nice/decent battle if falk/aurvendil don't attack the fields.

We could have sacked the Fields in a late turn move if we wanted to, as it had what was it, a hundred men defending it? Well it's doomed to failure if we attack with just the Fissoan army defending it, let alone Fissoa and D'Hara. And we've nicely cut the Grand Duchy in half, from Libba, to Munawai to Mangai. Once Munawai and Libba revolt as well your realm will be severed in two. No sense deviating from this course.

I suppose we'll also have to consider the Lurian army turning up as well when we least expect it.

But if Aurvandil was serious about taking down Fissoa we would have sent more than one and a half armies. We're just here to put you in a position sufficiently bad to discourage any forays in Falkirk and to pressure you into accepting a peace without the conquest of Falkirk. ('Cause it always works when I try to pressure realms to peace militarily sigh).

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209: January 20, 2013, 09:27:34 PM »
But if Aurvandil was serious about taking down Fissoa we would have sent more than one and a half armies. We're just here to put you in a position sufficiently bad to discourage any forays in Falkirk and to pressure you into accepting a peace without the conquest of Falkirk. ('Cause it always works when I try to pressure realms to peace militarily sigh).

Doesn't it sound like:

"Aurvandil, !@#$ YEAH! Coming again to save the m*ther f*cking day, YEAH!"

Loved the film.  ;D

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210: January 20, 2013, 09:28:49 PM »
We could have sacked the Fields in a late turn move if we wanted to, as it had what was it, a hundred men defending it? Well it's doomed to failure if we attack with just the Fissoan army defending it, let alone Fissoa and D'Hara. And we've nicely cut the Grand Duchy in half, from Libba, to Munawai to Mangai. Once Munawai and Libba revolt as well your realm will be severed in two. No sense deviating from this course
obviously, yes, just hoping for a huge battle, we all love that, it ain't a crime.

We're just here to put you in a position sufficiently bad to discourage any forays in Falkirk and to pressure you into accepting a peace without the conquest of Falkirk. ('Cause it always works when I try to pressure realms to peace militarily sigh).
Perhaps try a different diplomatic strategy? given that the sigh implicates its ineffectiveness.
Your dfinatly weakening Fissoa somewhat for a certain amount of time, 'n also lowering our effective offensive amry a bit.
But mostly, what your doing effectively is showing Fissoa how your army rocks, which we already knew :)
Thanks for the show.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 09:32:36 PM by Nosferatus »
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211: January 20, 2013, 09:49:33 PM »
obviously, yes, just hoping for a huge battle, we all love that, it ain't a crime.

As am I...

Perhaps try a different diplomatic strategy? given that the sigh implicates its ineffectiveness.
Your dfinatly weakening Fissoa somewhat for a certain amount of time, 'n also lowering our effective offensive amry a bit.
But mostly, what your doing effectively is showing Fissoa how your army rocks, which we already knew :)
Thanks for the show.

I'm betting Falkirk could have dealt with Fissoa easily enough, considering how they keep massacring the armies every time they march; Falkirk's army is far stronger than it was at the start of the war and on top of that, they've gone from being a two region realm, to owning all the east Mendicontinent whilst beating back Fissoa.

So I guess it is rather overkill for Aurvandil to be there as well. But our army needs exercising, our nobles need something to do, and the Moot needs provoking into attacking us, either they !@#$ or they get of the pot, basically. We haven't fought a battle in months against each other. I mean, unless we start fighting we may as well formalise peace.

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212: January 21, 2013, 03:38:15 AM »
I'm betting Falkirk could have dealt with Fissoa easily enough, considering how they keep massacring the armies every time they march; Falkirk's army is far stronger than it was at the start of the war and on top of that, they've gone from being a two region realm, to owning all the east Mendicontinent whilst beating back Fissoa.

So I guess it is rather overkill for Aurvandil to be there as well. But our army needs exercising, our nobles need something to do, and the Moot needs provoking into attacking us, either they !@#$ or they get of the pot, basically. We haven't fought a battle in months against each other. I mean, unless we start fighting we may as well formalise peace.

mmm... Good attempt!... but I don't buy it!  ;D

I think you really had a big indigestion of falk propaganda! Aurvandil is in Fissoa because the falkirkians were collapsing... Your presence in Fissoa only shows Flakir? is a puppet state... Not that we didn't know it already!  :P

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213: January 21, 2013, 03:41:47 AM »
That's cute.

I kept offering peace to D'Hara. Hell, even yesterday I asked D'Hara if they would be happy to maintain peace between our realms. Though D'Hara are now rallying to attack Aurvandil, rather than keep the peace.

And didn't your mother ever tell you "I want never gets"? You've gotta ask nicely.

You take our lands, and want peace without even proposing to, at the very least, respect your previous treaties.

Or did you forget about all the Barcan lands you are holding onto?

And yea, offering us peace... "We'll give you Paisly back if you stand down... Nah, we don't care that you stood down after all, we'll still put a puppet in your duchy". Aurvandilians make such great peace offers...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214: January 21, 2013, 04:45:55 AM »
After 81 pages, I don't see why people are still arguing about this. Everyone (except Falkirk, and maybe Luria) hates Aurvandil. No point in trying to make the other side believe your propaganda.