Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547450 times)

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1215: January 21, 2013, 04:52:19 AM »
After 81 pages, I don't see why people are still arguing about this. Everyone (except Falkirk, and maybe Luria) hates Aurvandil. No point in trying to make the other side believe your propaganda.

We've gone through the "we don't care if people like us" bit a 1000 times too. The propaganda is there because if one side isn't challenged it becomes the accepted fact.

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216: January 21, 2013, 04:56:20 AM »
Everyone (except Falkirk, and maybe Luria) hates Aurvandil.

Asylon do not hate Aurvandil. We find them very interesting and personally I would like to have them as neighbour. Would make a nice addition next to the Zuma and Astrum.
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217: January 21, 2013, 01:43:25 PM »
Luria may not exactly hate Aurvandil, but we're hardly their buds.

We'll be coming to fight them just as soon as we can get our armies straightened out and pointed in the right direction.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1218: January 21, 2013, 02:30:06 PM »
We'll be coming to fight them just as soon as we can get our armies straightened out and pointed in the right direction.
I can almost see the fall of Mendicant. Can't wait for it.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

MediumTedium

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219: January 21, 2013, 02:30:38 PM »
Luria may not exactly hate Aurvandil, but we're hardly their buds.

At least you guys have the balls to march into Aurvandil territory unlike some ... or do you?! ::)
"If you find you are falling into madness - dive."

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220: January 21, 2013, 02:32:45 PM »
At least you guys have the balls to march into Aurvandil territory unlike some ... or do you?! ::)

The balls? Certainly. The only question is whether we can keep all our collective swords pointed in the same direction long enough.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221: January 21, 2013, 02:41:32 PM »
The balls? Certainly. The only question is whether we can keep all our collective swords pointed in the same direction long enough.

Trust me that once you manage to 'get there attention'  your swords will be directed at the same direction.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1222: January 21, 2013, 02:51:01 PM »
Your swords will be pointed in the same direction as long as you ignore Mendicant. His tongue is like poison.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223: January 21, 2013, 03:23:31 PM »
Your swords will be pointed in the same direction as long as you ignore Mendicant. His tongue is like poison.

Well, I can't speak for all of us, but Alanna rarely listens to someone whose name means "beggar."
Timothy Collett

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224: January 21, 2013, 04:23:38 PM »
Well, I can't speak for all of us, but Alanna rarely listens to someone whose name means "beggar."

+1
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1225: January 21, 2013, 09:08:26 PM »
I remember her as someone who rarely listens to anyone.  ;)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226: January 21, 2013, 09:12:02 PM »
From what I've seen, she is a character who listens to everyone, but doesn't say much in response. Damned scheming Lurian!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227: January 21, 2013, 09:16:50 PM »
I remember her as someone who rarely listens to anyone.  ;)

...Has Julian ever actually interacted with her? Or just heard about her from people who felt they were wronged by her? (Like Gwendolyn Elorie Archbane, who spent multiple RL years trying her level best to get Alanna dethroned with no success...)
Timothy Collett

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228: January 21, 2013, 09:21:59 PM »
mmm... Good attempt!... but I don't buy it!  ;D

I think you really had a big indigestion of falk propaganda! Aurvandil is in Fissoa because the falkirkians were collapsing... Your presence in Fissoa only shows Flakir? is a puppet state... Not that we didn't know it already!  :P

Falkirk didn't attack Fissoa because we were preparing to jointly take down Fissoa. Falkirk got told at the last minute, Mendicant turned round to Lex and said "My armies are on the move to fight Fissoa, so that's happening". Falkirk as a puppet state, well you realise Aurvandil wouldn't even be fighting with Falkirk right now if people didn't keep saying that? Because everyone assumed Falkirk was a puppet, they went on and on about how they're going to destroy Falkirk and conquer it after Aurvandil and how they're Orvandeaux. Which had the affect of making our enemies, their enemies, forcing us both to the same side.

I don't know, if people had a bit more tact about things then Falkirk wouldn't have been made enemies of the same people who are trying to destroy Aurvandil. Putting Aurvandil in a weaker position. You basically got two of the best militarise to join together when they didn't want to, at all and rather treated each other with indifference (We still do). Lets see how that works out for you. It's given Fissoa quite the beating already.

I can almost see the fall of Mendicant. Can't wait for it.

Sorry mate, that's just not going to happen.

You underestimate just what Aurvandil is capable of. We went into this war with a mindset of delaying our foes militarily to have a chance to negotiate, but as we've lost all chance of negotiations we're fully free to max our our military (which, with 60 nobles is over 4,000 mobile soldiers plus militia, as the upper tier of our limits) and then use it.

Thank you. Sincerity can do that to a man when he speaks.

As Rynn said, Mendicant has a certain amount of "purity" and sincerity when he bothers to write letters that is rather endearing.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229: January 21, 2013, 09:27:53 PM »
We've gone through the "we don't care if people like us" bit a 1000 times too. The propaganda is there because if one side isn't challenged it becomes the accepted fact.

Well most of the presented reasons why people hate us is all rubbish anyway. That aside, most people just complain they don't like our attitude. But then, they don't like it when Mendicant is trying to be reasonable and offer them highly advantageous peace and alliances and an all round amicable solution.

Asylon do not hate Aurvandil. We find them very interesting and personally I would like to have them as neighbour. Would make a nice addition next to the Zuma and Astrum.

Asylon make for good conversationalists.