Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547206 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1230: January 21, 2013, 09:47:19 PM »
I don't know, if people had a bit more tact about things then Falkirk wouldn't have been made enemies of the same people who are trying to destroy Aurvandil. Putting Aurvandil in a weaker position. You basically got two of the best militarise to join together when they didn't want to, at all and rather treated each other with indifference (We still do). Lets see how that works out for you. It's given Fissoa quite the beating already.
That is total bull!@#$, IMO. Until a week ago there had been 0 thought of anyone aiding Fissoa and by the time D'hara came Aurvandil was already there, with LN not even on the way. Fissoa is doing a land grab which has nothing to do with Aurvandil. D'hara and LN are aiding an ally in defense. There has been 0 aggression against Falkirirk except by Fissoa, who has not done anything against Aurvandil. Fissoa does a decent job against Falkirirk so you bring in the Aurvandilian army and boss Falkirirk around. In what way is that not acting like Falkirirk is a puppet realm of Aurvandil? You complain everyone does all this propaganda but you do propaganda just as much.
But then, they don't like it when Mendicant is trying to be reasonable and offer them highly advantageous peace and alliances and an all round amicable solution.
Again, I am calling BS. I recall once where D'hara considered an alliance against LN, but then we thought about how you treated Barca after they lent you a city and thought that was a bad idea. As to peace, I don't know about the offer to Barca but the one you gave to D'hara was reasonable except that when you said you would give the duchy of Paisly to D'hara, you then made a realm there instead which was a massive insult. I have never heard of or seen any other peace talks happen, so without any proof or a player with a character outside of Aurvandil confirm it,  I am not going to believe your constant offerings of peace.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:53:35 PM by Penchant »
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231: January 21, 2013, 09:55:25 PM »
That is total bull!@#$, IMO. Until a week ago there had been 0 thought of anyone aiding Fissoa and by the time D'hara came Aurvandil was already there, with LN not even on the way. Fissoa is doing a land grab which has nothing to do with Aurvandil. D'hara and LN are aiding an ally in defense. There has been 0 aggression against Falkirirk except by Fissoa, who has not done anything against Aurvandil. Fissoa does a decent job against Falkirirk so you bring in the Aurvandilian army and boss Falkirirk around. In what way is that not acting like Falkirirk is a puppet realm of Aurvandil? You complain everyone does all this propaganda but you do propaganda just as much.

Oh what rubbish, I've seen the letters were Rynn declares he will have Falkirk destroyed and how he incites Fissoa to keep Falkirk occupied so they don't help Aurvandil, and no these letters didn't come from Falkirk so they weren't doctored for the Freestate cause. I've seen the letters were others encourage such actions and incite realms to war with Falkirk, I saw the promises to have Fissoa reinforced in their war.

D'Hara outright declared that after Aurvandil was beaten, they would scourge Falkirk from existence. Many in the Veinsormoot declared Aurvandil and Falkirk as one in the same, what is this whole Orvando-saxon wank if not a unified term to describe both Aurvandil and Falkirk? That, evidently all people think of Falkirk when they see it is a vassal of Aurvandil, that make that clear IC, so it stands to reason on that basis alone that they will war Falkirk, when they declare them puppets of Aurvandil, give them the same derogatory ethnic slur and incite war against them.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232: January 21, 2013, 10:36:09 PM »
Oh what rubbish, I've seen the letters were Rynn declares he will have Falkirk destroyed and how he incites Fissoa to keep Falkirk occupied so they don't help Aurvandil, and no these letters didn't come from Falkirk so they weren't doctored for the Freestate cause. I've seen the letters were others encourage such actions and incite realms to war with Falkirk, I saw the promises to have Fissoa reinforced in their war.

D'Hara outright declared that after Aurvandil was beaten, they would scourge Falkirk from existence. Many in the Veinsormoot declared Aurvandil and Falkirk as one in the same, what is this whole Orvando-saxon wank if not a unified term to describe both Aurvandil and Falkirk? That, evidently all people think of Falkirk when they see it is a vassal of Aurvandil, that make that clear IC, so it stands to reason on that basis alone that they will war Falkirk, when they declare them puppets of Aurvandil, give them the same derogatory ethnic slur and incite war against them.
I am not arguing against that per say but you act like Falkirk and Aurvandil are on the edge of survival and forced to band together. That and Falkirk has only ever acted like a puppet to Aurvandil and both Aurvandil and Falkirk never try to act like or say anything that would suggest they are not allies. Sure OOC you claim to not be and actually hate each other or some crap but IG you just go along with what everyone says.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

MediumTedium

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233: January 21, 2013, 10:51:47 PM »
You underestimate just what Aurvandil is capable of. We went into this war with a mindset of delaying our foes militarily to have a chance to negotiate, but as we've lost all chance of negotiations we're fully free to max our our military (which, with 60 nobles is over 4,000 mobile soldiers plus militia, as the upper tier of our limits) and then use it.

Thank you. Sincerity can do that to a man when he speaks.

As Rynn said, Mendicant has a certain amount of "purity" and sincerity when he bothers to write letters that is rather endearing.

61 If i may correct  ;D
"If you find you are falling into madness - dive."

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234: January 21, 2013, 11:45:25 PM »
Aurvandil just felt threatened, and wanted to go help the Saxons of Madina before D'Haran and Luria Nova could lend Fissoa any help.

Taunting us to "be the attackers" is just a facade.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #1235: January 22, 2013, 12:11:04 AM »

Well the thought process is pretty simple: If, by some miracle, Aurvandil collapses, where will all those disenfranchised nobles go? Additionally, Fissoa is an official Ally of D'Hara who've been asking for help, so of course D'Hara was coming. Even without Aurvandil arrayed against them, they needed help.

Alliances, people. They are viral. Essential to D'Hara's survival, but potentially one of our greatest weaknesses as well.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236: January 22, 2013, 12:48:27 AM »
Alliances, people. They are viral. Essential to D'Hara's survival, but potentially one of our greatest weaknesses as well.

Time will tell.

I tend to consider that alliances are the only reason we are still alive, both thanks to the direct support we got from them and from the passive dissuasive it's offered to would-be invaders.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1237: January 22, 2013, 08:04:39 AM »
...Has Julian ever actually interacted with her? Or just heard about her from people who felt they were wronged by her? (Like Gwendolyn Elorie Archbane, who spent multiple RL years trying her level best to get Alanna dethroned with no success...)
Yes he has. You might not remember but before Julius founded the Republic of Barca, he served Pian en Luries and later Giask.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238: January 22, 2013, 01:24:57 PM »
Why we think Falkir is a pupet state? Easy, because it seceded peacefully from Aurvandil, because make the same ridiculous diplomacy, and because are as arrogant as the Aurvandils... Oh, and because both are 'heathens'!  ;D

If we believe your words, Falkir is not a puppet state, but a disgraced, ignored puppet state.  :P

BTW. Fissoa didn't attack Falkir, It was the Falkirians the ones to attack Fissoa, without any war declaration! Even in this, both are the same!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239: January 22, 2013, 01:55:06 PM »
Yes he has. You might not remember but before Julius founded the Republic of Barca, he served Pian en Luries and later Giask.

Damn, you're right. I had forgotten.

And sorry for getting the name wrong :)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1240: January 22, 2013, 03:46:33 PM »
Damn, you're right. I had forgotten.

And sorry for getting the name wrong :)
No problem. But I love how you play Alanna. Good for the fun.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241: January 22, 2013, 08:20:58 PM »
Isnt Orthodox Astroism the religion of Aurvandiil now?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1242: January 23, 2013, 12:06:20 AM »
It is the religion of Allison Kabrinski, not Aurvandil.

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243: January 26, 2013, 02:02:48 AM »
I recall once where D'hara considered an alliance against LN, but then we thought about how you treated Barca after they lent you a city and thought that was a bad idea.

I was so completely against Barca lending them a city. I have no idea why everyone was so compelled to take that track but I was dead certain that getting Evanburg back would not be pretty. I was outvoted though...

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244: January 26, 2013, 02:54:35 AM »
I was so completely against Barca lending them a city. I have no idea why everyone was so compelled to take that track but I was dead certain that getting Evanburg back would not be pretty. I was outvoted though...
Well no one really liked Madina is what I hear. The treaty should of been something like, when a clear victory of the war has been established Aurvandil must give back the city.
― G.K. Chesterton