Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547156 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1260: February 05, 2013, 03:42:10 AM »
Terran ruler just quit the game?! Any news about that? Its sad when players leaves the game but oh well what can you do. I wonder who will take his place.
Well, I should know this, but who was Terran's ruler? I barely had their banker down which is more relevant to me, and I hear their ruler is gone.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #1261: February 05, 2013, 04:40:02 AM »
Mendicant scared him away.  :-X
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262: February 05, 2013, 07:37:37 AM »
It's quite surprising to us too.

He was a very fun player with a very interesting character– I was really looking forward to seeing what he did.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263: February 05, 2013, 07:50:13 AM »
Well, I should know this, but who was Terran's ruler? I barely had their banker down which is more relevant to me, and I hear their ruler is gone.

That's because he was just elected like.... last week. No warning or expectation for quitting the game, either. The character was Roavan Collingwood.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264: February 05, 2013, 04:53:56 PM »
I can't imagine this will have a good affect on peace talks, Roaven actually seemed interested in them.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265: February 05, 2013, 06:26:22 PM »
I can't imagine this will have a good affect on peace talks, Roaven actually seemed interested in them.

Perhaps the moot realizes that this is the only chance they have right now to open up there western front.
Or they will never win a war against Aurvendil ever again, because by the time Falkirk falls, Fissoa would be wise to sue for peace with Aurvendil.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266: February 05, 2013, 06:55:09 PM »
Perhaps the moot realizes that this is the only chance they have right now to open up there western front.
Or they will never win a war against Aurvendil ever again, because by the time Falkirk falls, Fissoa would be wise to sue for peace with Aurvendil.

Well, the Moot has nothing to fear from Aurvandil really. Aurvandil has had ample opportunity to war with the Veinsormoot with the intent to see it destroyed and we've pointedly refused to do so, and refused to escalate hostilities when we thought peace was attainable. Before this entire war happened, Aurvandil was going to march up north and to help Terran and Asylon, but we couldn't do so whilst Barca was threatening future wars. It was never our intention to fight D'Hara or Terran, and it still isn't.

Falkirk won't fall, I don't know what convinced you they will. You can't harm any part of them that matters, which is Madina Gardens and Madina City (which is why your war policy so far has been a disastrous failure as it involves looting their rurals which had no peasants or production anyway) Aurvandil sells them all their food, and Falkirk has what... a 14kcs mobile army plus militia, plus Aurvandilan support which if we deployed all of our forces right now, is over 30kcs mobile. Which combined is far more than what D'Hara, Fissoa and Luria Nova can combine to send against us, plus Madina Gardens and Madina City have high level fortifications. In months of war Fissoa is further from beating Falkirk than they've ever been, a single Aurvandil raid of Fissoa was more decisive and damaging than any other event in the war.

And if Falkirk does fall? Well they will just rejoin Aurvandil, and I would love to see how powerful we'd become with 90 or so nobles. The best choice for a power balance is to keep Falkirk around, particularly as Falkirk and Aurvandil hold each other in relative contempt due to Falkirk being a Freestate, and Aurvandil being a Monarchy (which, Freestatism decries as tyranny) and as mutual adversaries when it comes to knighthood and Chivalry which will inevitable lead to war just to prove whose chivalry is superior.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267: February 05, 2013, 07:02:48 PM »

And if Falkirk does fall? Well they will just rejoin Aurvandil, and I would love to see how powerful we'd become with 90 or so nobles. The best choice for a power balance is to keep Falkirk around, particularly as Falkirk and Aurvandil hold each other in relative contempt due to Falkirk being a Freestate, and Aurvandil being a Monarchy (which, Freestatism decries as tyranny) and as mutual adversaries when it comes to knighthood and Chivalry which will inevitable lead to war just to prove whose chivalry is superior.

I'm curious, how does a tyranny call itself a freestate? I'm fine with cognitive dissonance (after all I play a D'Haran), but this one wracks my feeble little brain.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268: February 05, 2013, 07:06:57 PM »
He meant that the Falkirkian Freestate calls Aurvandil a tyranny.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269: February 05, 2013, 07:20:30 PM »
Simple, Falkirkian Freestate are a tyranny as a government system, but they're not tyrannical in the modern interpretation of the word. I've always thought that Battlemaster tyrannies are simply self made realms under self made rulers kind of thing, with no overtones as to a "tryannical" nature as we might interpret it on an OOC level through a modern perspective on the word.

And Freestatism is juxtaposed to Monarchism, which they consider to be tyrannical in the modern sense, dictatorships basically. As Freestatism overthrew the Averothian Monarchy for much the same reasons.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270: February 05, 2013, 07:31:09 PM »

"We hate each other; but anytime anyone threatens either of us we always band together and pledge to welcome each others' nobles in case of defeat."

And you wonder why people lump you together....
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271: February 05, 2013, 07:37:53 PM »
Well, the Moot has nothing to fear from Aurvandil really. Aurvandil has had ample opportunity to war with the Veinsormoot with the intent to see it destroyed and we've pointedly refused to do so, and refused to escalate hostilities when we thought peace was attainable. Before this entire war happened, Aurvandil was going to march up north and to help Terran and Asylon, but we couldn't do so whilst Barca was threatening future wars. It was never our intention to fight D'Hara or Terran, and it still isn't.

It is absurd to say Barca was the reason for you to not help Terran and Asylon. It was proved that Barca could complain all it would like because of the regions you stole, but nor in diplomatic neither military way it could do anything to get them back. Did you see Barca as a threat? At this point it sounds just ridiculous. And we still have got the Provincia di Fiorenza matter. That was an awful way to prove your good intentions towards Terran and D'Hara.

Falkirk won't fall, I don't know what convinced you they will. You can't harm any part of them that matters, which is Madina Gardens and Madina City (which is why your war policy so far has been a disastrous failure as it involves looting their rurals which had no peasants or production anyway) Aurvandil sells them all their food, and Falkirk has what... a 14kcs mobile army plus militia, plus Aurvandilan support which if we deployed all of our forces right now, is over 30kcs mobile. Which combined is far more than what D'Hara, Fissoa and Luria Nova can combine to send against us, plus Madina Gardens and Madina City have high level fortifications. In months of war Fissoa is further from beating Falkirk than they've ever been, a single Aurvandil raid of Fissoa was more decisive and damaging than any other event in the war.

In "single combat" Fissoa could have beaten Falkirk. And I think you underestimate your enemy if you think a combined force of Fissoa, D'Hara and Luria Nova couldn't put you in a tight spot. Moreover, I don't think you could indefinitely support economically and in food supply Falkirk. You have already squeezed your regions and pushed the peasants to their limits, and maybe a new war declaration from Luria Nova and D'Hara could induce to a civil rebellion.

Maybe in a short term if Falkirk falls it would be beneficial for you. But your lands can't produce enough gold and food to maintain the army that would correspond to 90 nobles. At some point, they wouldn't just be able to pay their troops, and of course it would help to block the eventual commerce you could have with the current Falkirkian lands. They would have to start using their own family wealth and if there is actually some kind of rivalry between you, maybe they would start to be willing to return to the lands they owned although they were called in a different way and sustained a new realm.

But that's assuming too much. I don't think you will fight the Falkirkians since you have now hostile neighbours in both northern and easter fronts. Things would have to change a lot for that.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272: February 05, 2013, 07:43:11 PM »
"We hate each other; but anytime anyone threatens either of us we always band together and pledge to welcome each others' nobles in case of defeat."

And you wonder why people lump you together....

Actually, this only came after people lumped together and threatened us both, and your statement pays no deference at all to the former nobles of Madina that invoked such a response from Aurvandil anyway.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273: February 05, 2013, 07:46:07 PM »
the Averothoi and Vandils are definatly more brother some as Fissoa and any ally.
There realms are ruled and strategy conducted in a similiar way with Aurvendil the only one to have an identity.
Thats also why your two realm cooperate the best (which will hopefully change or else having allies is still useless)

I said it and say it again that the reason falkrik is a realm has mostly to do because the players where already a group before they joined BM.
Aurvendil has finally grown in a real realm with indentity and diferent kind of families form different backgrounds, quite alot also report its fun playing there.
Falkirk on the other hand still mostly is those same few players.

I would actually look forth to see those nobles integrate in Aurvendil, perhaps that would give them some more character.
I am still puzzled why they actually all should join Aurvendil and not leave the continent all together.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:53:41 PM by Nosferatus »

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274: February 05, 2013, 07:49:09 PM »
Actually, this only came after people lumped together and threatened us both, and your statement pays no deference at all to the former nobles of Madina that invoked such a response from Aurvandil anyway.

What did you suspect that those nobles weren't out to defeat aurvendil after it suceeded in the way it did?
Not that i am a fan of 'friendly' successions, yours defiantly wasn't one, nor even came close to being one.
If those nobles hated you enough, your realm would in fact have been destroyed the first moment they retook Candiels, instead they where so stupid not to loot Candiels to the ground, instead they tried to do no damage at all.