Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547559 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1350: February 24, 2013, 01:32:05 AM »
he was probably just tired of being on the losing side, so was like, !@#$ it I might as well join Aurvandil.

I'm curious to find out what the story is.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351: February 24, 2013, 01:48:38 AM »
The story is probably as Penchant says. He wasn't a specially involved player in the realm, but he had been in the realm for long time and got to become Vice-Marshal. Fighting for the survival of a realm is much harder than joining a powerful and overcrowded one and just follow orders from the top. Cowards need to have plenty of fellows around to keep on fighting. At least this time we won't hear any stupidity about "Barcan corruption".

About the Zuma, it's been a while Mendicant said in the forum he had talked with Haktoo to exploit the holes in the pact within Barca and the Zuma Coalition. Seen Falkirk is in its last hours he probably wants to just dissolve Barca before we can mean a significant support to our allies. Well played, and another demonstration of how absurd is hearing talking about honour in battle, chévalerie and such from Aurvandilians.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352: February 24, 2013, 01:48:58 AM »
Maybe he was just bored of the endless war?

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353: February 24, 2013, 01:52:51 AM »
Sure mate, he was sooo tired... of fighting against monsters over and over again. In the best of cases he just didn't want to lose his privileges as lord of a region before the takeover succeed, even that meaning to join the enemy and betray the companions who trusted on him.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354: February 24, 2013, 01:56:17 AM »
Well, he actually messaged me before Aurvandil arrived in Twainwood about defecting.

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355: February 24, 2013, 01:59:29 AM »
How nice... taking under your protective cape all traitors of Dwilight. That's most humanistic. I'm curious to know a little bit about that. Was he a spy or did just suddenly noticed he wanted to be an Aurvandilian after he was elected as Senator of a region and appointed as Vice-Marshal?

egamma

« Reply #1356: February 24, 2013, 02:07:56 AM »
"once a traitor, always a traitor."--Dune

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357: February 24, 2013, 02:14:37 AM »
Orders from Lychaon Abdheran   (31 minutes ago)

Message sent to: Eachann Fohl
Sir Eachann,

After all this time fighting within us, is that your sense of loyalty to our realm? Is to keep your region and privileges more important to you than honour? Or has it all been a finely performed farce of an Aurvandilian spy? Our Boetarch and me have trusted you as Vice-Marshal of the Sacred Legion of Maroccia, and our Senate has given you the government of Twainwood; is that how you pay the Republic of Barca in exchange?

Now you have decided your path,  show what you are!
Lychaon Abdheran
Senator of Nark
Marshal of Sacred Legion of Maroccia

Letter from Eachann Fohl   (5 minutes ago)

Marshal Lychaon,

I have never liked you and I probably never will. After all the time I have fought for Barca, I came to realize that Barca was not worth to fight for.

I joined Aurvandil on a whim. They crushed my plans, so I thought that I might as well join up with them as we shared goal. So no, I am not a spy. Sorry to disappoint you.

Julius and you trusted me as the Vice-Marshal as there were no other candidate. Same with Twainwood. So much for the trust in my skills or ability.

And do not worry; I will show you what I am capable of.

Until we meet again,
Eachann Fohl
Viscount of Twainwood

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358: February 24, 2013, 02:38:17 AM »
A duel to death has been issued and accepted. Let's see what happens.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359: February 24, 2013, 02:42:33 AM »
Aurvandil is passed the point of caring if our enemies retain their territory, so we will welcome all Barcan's who defect. It will be a cleaner end to Barca than the one Mendicant ordered this week, this war has been going on so long we've agreed that the Madina Contingency is the only viable solution. That, and the number of protests against the current policy in Aurvandil rose to the point where Mendicant could no longer refuse to fight the Veinsormoot, and refuse to fight with intent to make them capitulate utterly at sword point.

Also, posting letters to the forum does sort of undermine the in character aspects of what is going on at the moment.

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360: February 24, 2013, 03:06:31 AM »
It seems those letters enclose some kind of global strategy according to your words.

Let's skip that pretended refusal to war you've played here for so long. Aurvandil has provoked and has played hard with every realm that has surrounded it. It has profited of betrayal and deflection, and has exploited any imaginable hole in a treaty to its own benefit. It has interfered on the politics and the wars other realms were playing, and it has willingly brought war to the realms it wanted to.

Your complaint has been that once you have "sharpened your swords in the stones of others' Senate houses", you have expected those realms to just nod and sign peace quick as pan, instead of hating your arrogance. Now Falkirk is about to fall, instead of destroying periodically the productivity of your enemy realms, you'll just try to dissolve the members of the Veinsormoot one by one to avoid your armies to face an equal enemy.

"Madina Contingency". I'd really like to see someday how it works on Candiels.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361: February 24, 2013, 03:34:35 AM »
Aurvandil is passed the point of trying to preserve the territory and integrity of the Veinsormoot, at this point it's quicker, easier and more efficient to just fight you. Evidently the Veinsormoot are too busy manoeuvring amongst other realms to consider peace, and are too confident in the defence and resources provided by Sanguis Astroism and the overall reticence of the Commonweath to consider Aurvandil a genuine threat. Of which you can hardly be blamed, it's hard to take Aurvandil as a serious threat when we don't fight you, you have us surrounded and you have thus far maintained a state of hostilities relatively without reprisal.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362: February 24, 2013, 03:50:05 AM »
I've always maintained that if Aurvandil went head-to-head against the moot, that Aurvandil would kick the moot's ass.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363: February 24, 2013, 03:51:19 AM »
I've always maintained that if Aurvandil went head-to-head against the moot, that Aurvandil would kick the moot's ass.

But... but... D'hara! Their military genius will destroy all in their path!
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364: February 24, 2013, 04:02:42 AM »
Now is the time to start making bets.